Home

2 Victor

Posted By: MaxtheDestroyer

2 Victor - 08/02/20 12:57 AM

My dad says that a 2 Victor square jaw wont hold a coyote but probably good enough for a fox. Is that true? I have one with strong springs.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: 2 Victor - 08/02/20 01:03 AM

The #2 Victor square jaw,was not the best trap,that is why it is no longer made by victor.At one time that trap was mainly used on fox,but the #1/2 coil is a much better fox trap.The #2 square jaw hits a fox to high up.Size wise it is better for coyotes ,but it is not the best coyote trap.
Tom
Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Re: 2 Victor - 08/02/20 01:09 AM

They say a #1.5 will hold a coyote is it the best trap? No. will your #2 square jaw hold a coyote probably you just have to find what work best for you!

Re: 2 Victor - 08/02/20 01:19 AM

I can use a couple of dads #2 Bridgers for a cool.old fox set i read about in an old trapping book. Just wondering. Ive heard the 2 Victor is good for mink and muskrat, which im hoping to catch also.

Re: 2 Victor - 08/02/20 01:22 AM

A number 2 is pretty big for fox I wouldn’t use it for mink or muskrat at all.

Re: 2 Victor - 08/02/20 01:29 AM

The Victor #2 square jaw acts like a body gripper on mink and rats.But,if there is a chance of coon--don't use the #2. If it is used for mink and rats,you must make sure there is nothing for the trap and animal to get hung up on,in case a body catch is not made.
Tom

Re: 2 Victor - 08/02/20 01:33 AM

Was going to use them on drowners for the mink, that way if a raccoon got caught, it'll not be able to pull out.

Re: 2 Victor - 08/02/20 01:39 AM

The trouble with the #2 it hits the coon to high on the leg and you have trouble if it doesn't go down the slide wire.
Tom

Re: 2 Victor - 08/02/20 01:42 AM

Max,why aren't you accepting private messages?

Re: 2 Victor - 08/02/20 01:44 AM

Mr. Tom when I was new I didn’t know what that flashing envelope was he may not know

Re: 2 Victor - 08/02/20 01:49 AM

no Ky--it says he is not accepting
them

Re: 2 Victor - 08/02/20 01:51 AM

Oh sorry
Posted By: KeeperOfTheCoons

Re: 2 Victor - 08/02/20 02:31 AM

A #2 trap would probably be fine on red fox but I think it would be a little too much on grey foxes. It wouldn't be my first choice though. I like a 1.5 better for them but despite what people say it won't hold a big coyote for long. A #2, or depending on your area a #3 would be better for coyote. Any trap over #2 is kinda big for the small animals like coons possums and skunks in my area. I bought this #4 jump trap a few years back and the guy told me he used it for coyotes! Its way too big for any raccoon or possum to get caught in and not be injured im sure. Its almost too big for the coyotes in my area as well.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: 2 Victor - 10/19/20 02:52 AM

My personal traps for fox & coon are 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 coils. I always use the 1 3/4 if coyotes in area. For mink & muskrat i use 1 1/2 longsprings. The longsprings have lighter pan tension which is better on smaller animals like mink. It always helps to put extra swivel on all your trap chains. Hope this info will increase your catch. smile
Posted By: KeeperOfTheCoons

Re: 2 Victor - 10/25/20 11:24 PM

The problem with the #2 victor square jaw is that it catches too high on coon and they are more likely to chew in it because of that.

Re: 2 Victor - 10/26/20 02:18 AM

Even if they don't catch high,there is still way to much room under the jaws for a coon to chew.
Tom
Posted By: k9-hunter

Re: 2 Victor - 10/26/20 06:38 PM

the issue with the old vic#2 square jaw was nothing to do with power it was the lever postion take a look at a bridger design the levers come almost all the way to the top where the old vic where like 1/2 or 3/4 of the way causing to much leverage to pop out yes the the old #2 was designed for fox but way better traps out there read a book on how it probably could be the best rat and mink trap out there do to the high body catch
© 2024 Trapperman Forums