Home

Trap line injuries

Posted By: KYtrapper2005

Trap line injuries - 05/08/20 02:03 AM

Alright boys and girls we need some new threads so.... anyone got any stories from the trapline?
Posted By: Artrapper16

Re: Trap line injuries - 05/08/20 03:12 PM

I got my heart broken on the trap line by an escaped raccoon lol other than that I've been pretty lucky
Posted By: AuthorTrapper

Re: Trap line injuries - 05/08/20 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Artrapper16
I got my heart broken on the trap line by an escaped raccoon lol other than that I've been pretty lucky

Lol, I've had that happen lots of times! My worst trapline injury was being bitten by a rat! [Linked Image]

Re: Trap line injuries - 05/12/20 09:04 PM

Ok here’s mine. I was walking checking my traps had my bucket in one hand and my bag of cat food in the other (they were dog proofs) anyway I had to cross a log to get to a trap. well I had my bait stick aka. A 12-16 inch stick I found on the ground so I grabbed the stick and put it between my teeth. When I came to cross the log I slipped straddling the log causing the stick to jam right in the back of my mouth I was spitting blood for a minute or two I’m lucky it didn’t get my throat!
Posted By: AJE

Re: Trap line injuries - 05/13/20 03:51 AM

That's crazy.

Re: Trap line injuries - 05/13/20 03:53 AM

Yeah! It hurt like a son of a gun
Posted By: AuthorTrapper

Re: Trap line injuries - 05/13/20 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by KYtrapper2005
Ok here’s mine. I was walking checking my traps had my bucket in one hand and my bag of cat food in the other (they were dog proofs) anyway I had to cross a log to get to a trap. well I had my bait stick aka. A 12-16 inch stick I found on the ground so I grabbed the stick and put it between my teeth. When I came to cross the log I slipped straddling the log causing the stick to jam right in the back of my mouth I was spitting blood for a minute or two I’m lucky it didn’t get my throat!

Did the same thing when I was about 5 with a toy sword. Ouch!
Posted By: cowboy2005

Re: Trap line injuries - 05/19/20 11:03 PM

Snapped a 110 conibear on my finger once, took a little while to get it off (I was alone) and I lost feeling in that finger for awhile. I have been injured plenty of times but usually not on the trapline.

Re: Trap line injuries - 06/23/20 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by cowboy2005
Snapped a 110 conibear on my finger once, took a little while to get it off (I was alone) and I lost feeling in that finger for awhile. I have been injured plenty of times but usually not on the trapline.

Good thing it wasn't a 330.
Posted By: Gone Trappin.

Re: Trap line injuries - 06/23/20 09:53 PM

I got one thumb stuck in one end of a 110 Conibear and one thumb stuck in the other end so I didn’t have any way of getting it off so I had to get some one to get it off me
Posted By: AliciaK

Re: Trap line injuries - 06/26/20 02:08 AM

My favorite story is when my brother got lost in the woods and went an extra half mile while carrying out my 80-pound beaver lol. I wanted to carry it out myself but I'm only 20 pounds heavier so they thought I'd hurt myself. Needless to say, he was very tired afterward.

Re: Trap line injuries - 06/26/20 02:10 AM

Lol that’s funny! And also a big beaver!

Re: Trap line injuries - 06/27/20 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mason Mayer
I got one thumb stuck in one end of a 110 Conibear and one thumb stuck in the other end so I didn’t have any way of getting it off so I had to get some one to get it off me

Try stepping on the spring, since that is a reasonably possible way to escape a 110
Posted By: Zeb Johnson

Re: Trap line injuries - 06/28/20 12:45 AM

I got my hand stuck in a 220 one time

Re: Trap line injuries - 07/11/20 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Zeb Johnson
I got my hand stuck in a 220 one time

Geesh, that must have hurt. How did you get out of it? Hopefully you had no serious injury.
Posted By: KeeperOfTheCoons

Re: Trap line injuries - 08/02/20 02:55 AM

This isn't really an injury but a quick story about underestimation. When I buy new traps sometimes I like to fool with them some and test the spring power and so on. The first time I got a #11 DLS I was blown away by the power trying to set it. I put my hand into it thinking it was no big deal. It took like 15 seconds to get the trap off. I had to step on it and get it so slide down right I was just like dang ok then. It was more than what I expected lol.

Re: Trap line injuries - 08/02/20 03:24 AM

Yep #11s have held coyotes
© 2024 Trapperman Forums