Home

Spring Turkey season

Posted By: MOcoyotesJr

Spring Turkey season - 03/05/19 02:32 AM

Who's all ready? I've seen a few toms lately.
Posted By: Varner67

Re: Spring Turkey season - 03/05/19 09:22 PM

I'm pumped up, can't wait! When does your turkey season start MOcoyotesJr?

Re: Spring Turkey season - 03/05/19 10:46 PM

I am too! Our youth Turkey season starts April 6-7.

Re: Spring Turkey season - 03/06/19 12:32 AM

When does your turkey season start Varner67? This is my 5th season turkey hunting.
I harvested 2 toms and 1 jake.

Re: Spring Turkey season - 03/06/19 01:40 AM

My season starts April 22nd. This is my 2nd season and I've harvested 1 tom.
Posted By: trapre

Re: Spring Turkey season - 03/27/19 01:03 PM

Can't wait. Tried all year last year and never got one. This year there doesn't seem to be too many around. Still going to try though.
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Spring Turkey season - 03/28/19 04:18 AM

Can't wait, but it doesn't open until May 1st here

Re: Spring Turkey season - 03/28/19 05:49 PM

That’s how my first season went trapre. When you do get your first one, that feeling of excitement will stay with you for a long time like it has for me.

Re: Spring Turkey season - 04/11/19 10:18 PM

Didn't get one in youth season, but my sister did. I am going to try again during the regular season. Good luck everybody!
Posted By: Ave

Re: Spring Turkey season - 04/14/19 03:07 PM

I got this bird yesterday. He only had one working leg and his fan is stunted due to this injury. We had been watching him a couple years, and he always avoided the other groups of turkeys. He was a jake two years ago, and I can’t believe he survived this long.

Attached picture E475923F-BF1B-4641-BB9E-0BBA89530657.png
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Spring Turkey season - 04/14/19 03:40 PM

Good going Ave.
Tom

Re: Spring Turkey season - 04/15/19 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Varner67
That’s how my first season went trapre. When you do get your first one, that feeling of excitement will stay with you for a long time like it has for me.

I got one before a nice 9 3/4 inch beard on it, But I was with my uncle who knew turkeys like the back of his hand. Now it's me and a friend hunting and neither of us seem to be able to get anywhere.

Re: Spring Turkey season - 04/15/19 01:08 AM

Nice job Ave! And that's pretty cool trapre, it seems like I see a ton of them during deer season and then when turkey season starts there seems to be less around.
Posted By: PA_K-9_Trapper

Re: Spring Turkey season - 04/20/19 10:02 PM

Opening day of youth season in PA... [Linked Image]
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Spring Turkey season - 04/21/19 02:29 AM

Good job.
Tom

Re: Spring Turkey season - 05/10/19 12:57 PM

I can't seem to get anywhere again this year either!!! I've gone out several times now and only heard them yesterday lol. I'll keep trying!
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Spring Turkey season - 05/10/19 10:55 PM

I shot a Jake saturday. I had my 9 year old brother with me. Today I saw seven toms across the road from our property! laugh Maybe I'll get one tomorrow

Re: Spring Turkey season - 05/11/19 11:20 PM

Cool! We have to buy a whole 'nother license for a second gobbler. I've never gotten a second tag yet. Most states half want you to shoot turkey! Here in a lot of spots we wonder why we even have a season cause they run around like ground hogs. Except this year. The Gobblers are acting really weird. It doesn't make sense. We thought there weren't any for the longest time. And then I went out the one morning and heard four. We haven't heard any since!

I saw three HUGE massive gobblers, one with a triple beard, run across the road into the woods by the state penitentiary. Obviously no hunting allowed lol. It hurt to see such a big gobbler that couldn't be hunted!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums