Home

FFA

Posted By: possumcatcher

FFA - 04/25/18 01:28 AM

Any of you in it??
Posted By: trapre

Re: FFA - 04/25/18 12:43 PM

Not in FFA but have been showing Goat's through 4-H for 7 years and Beef steers for 4.
What do you do through FFA?

Re: FFA - 04/25/18 01:14 PM

Right now I am vice president of our chapter. I do meat judging, land judging, livestock judging, agronomy, welding, and parli pro. Theres way more competitions than that tho. And, at state agronomy, my team got first place and we are going to nationals

Re: FFA - 04/25/18 03:11 PM

That's cool! I've only been around show people and so I thought FFA was mostly showing animals. Good luck at nationals! I am The reporter for the Penns Valley 4-H Beef club. Last year I was secretary. I was supposed to go to our counties teen council last night but we got too swamped.
Posted By: Plum Billy

Re: FFA - 04/25/18 04:19 PM

Nice! And who said trappers aren't smart? Good luck at nationals!

Re: FFA - 04/25/18 05:02 PM

lol billy. Lots of people think that... but little do they know the truth lol
Posted By: Watertrapper#110

Re: FFA - 04/29/18 12:58 AM

i guess being smart depends on the person and also depends on what it is too. I aint to smart myself but I can weld and just about take apart and rebuild a small engine in my sleep and other mechanical stuff. Not sure if you would say Im smart though lol

Re: FFA - 04/30/18 02:41 PM

the people who think us trappers are dumb do not know how to do the stuff we do. They dont know how to catch a bobcat, or set a trap, or they think that a trap will take a hand off. They are afraid to get dirty or get off the road. And they dont know how to do mechanical stuff that most of us know or even how to weld.
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: FFA - 04/30/18 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: possumcatcher
the people who think us trappers are dumb do not know how to do the stuff we do. They dont know how to catch a bobcat, or set a trap, or they think that a trap will take a hand off. They are afraid to get dirty or get off the road. And they dont know how to do mechanical stuff that most of us know or even how to weld.

Not all trappers know how to weld whistle.... it's on my list to learn though
Posted By: Plum Billy

Re: FFA - 04/30/18 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: robert.d12

x2 I get your point though Possum, we as trappers tend to have some skills that some of our peers would find quite amazing, and for us it is seems easy because we know how to do it. While some of our peers are smart on paper, we tend to be more smart in practice, and sometimes on paper as well.

Re: FFA - 07/16/18 03:09 AM

Interesting week. We had a 4h exchange kid from Wyoming come for the week. We gave them a basic tour of pa. Have any of y'all heard of or done this. We will be going out next year which will be intetesting as I've never gone further west than Ohio.
Posted By: Kylee Eastwood

Re: FFA - 07/16/18 12:37 PM

At my school I'm probably one of the smartest kids in my class, but this one girl thinks I'm the dumbest one because I trap.

Originally Posted By: robert.d12

I don't know how to weld, but I've watched my dad weld for several years. And I'm taking welding next year at school. My dad says since I'm learning how to weld that i gonna have a lot of trap stakes to make lol.
Posted By: PA_K-9_Trapper

Re: FFA - 07/16/18 02:30 PM

I've never been called dumb because I trap, a couple of my teachers actually respect me better because they know how much work it is. Although there are still plenty of misinformed people, that have no understanding of the sport and have no skills like you mentioned possum. Since we're talking about welding, you guys that do weld, are you using migs or sticks? I use my dads mig for building trapping rigs, drivers, trap mods, etc. Do you use them to build trapping equipment?
Posted By: trappermo

Re: FFA - 07/18/18 09:24 PM

I also show goats and steers our county show is Friday.
I've won grand champion goat 4 years in a row and this is my fifth year.
I won grand champion with my heifer last year.
Posted By: trappermo

Re: FFA - 07/18/18 09:29 PM

most of my friends that aren't trappers themselves or my best friends think its stupid or make fun of me for trapping and showing stock in 4h I've learned to ignore it because I have a temper and I'm afraid id go of on someone I don't want to upset but making fun of people cause of what their personal hobbies are and what they enjoy is not alright at all

Re: FFA - 07/19/18 01:23 AM

I agree with you. My wrestling team makes fun of me for trapping and being homeschooled. I also just learn to ignore it.

Re: FFA - 07/19/18 07:11 PM

When i weld, i perfer mig because its easier, but if i have to i will do stick.

And someone said something about taking a forigner out. Last year we had a real cool exchange student from germany. He was cool and thought just like us. I took him out on the line and he had a hay day checking sets and catching coons
Posted By: Watertrapper#110

Re: FFA - 07/26/18 01:10 AM

I use stick 90 percent of the time but do have a mig I can use. I can do just as good with stick as I can with mig though
© 2024 Trapperman Forums