Home

2 night trap challenge (pics!)

Posted By: Hunting G

2 night trap challenge (pics!) - 02/11/18 03:32 AM

2 night trap challenge!
This year, because of college, my boyfriend and I could only trap for 1 weekend together.
At the Iowa trapping convention, Papio Creek Trapping Supply gave us a bait and lure to try. Canines the very first night! And first ever badger!

Trapping for only 2 nights is something I'm not used to, but it is challenging! It was also the first season my boyfriend and I trapped together, I learned so much!

Posted By: possumcatcher

Re: 2 night trap challenge (pics!) - 02/11/18 03:43 AM

Thats a good haul for 2 nights! College is something im not looking forward to... luckily i still got next years season. After that i have no idea how things are gonna work. My best 2 days were 32 coons.
Posted By: Plum Billy

Re: 2 night trap challenge (pics!) - 02/12/18 04:03 PM

Nice. I'm not looking forward to college much myself, I think I may just try to bust through it as fast as I can, and then I will hopefully have time to trap and do other things.
Posted By: Alexia

Re: 2 night trap challenge (pics!) - 02/12/18 07:46 PM

I have a way to go till I get to college so I am going to enjoy this trapping as long as I can. However college is in my future. I know you can't make a decent living trapping so I know one day, in a few years, I'll be hanging my traps up, probably for good. The bad thing about trapping is if I set some traps today, I have to find time to check them tomorrow. When you are in college or employed on a job, that might not be possible. I will always have carry over outdoor activities like hunting and fishing. I can always do those with just a few hours spare time during the day.
Posted By: Plum Billy

Re: 2 night trap challenge (pics!) - 02/13/18 04:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Alexia
I have a way to go till I get to college so I am going to enjoy this trapping as long as I can. However college is in my future. I know you can't make a decent living trapping so I know one day, in a few years, I'll be hanging my traps up, probably for good. The bad thing about trapping is if I set some traps today, I have to find time to check them tomorrow. When you are in college or employed on a job, that might not be possible. I will always have carry over outdoor activities like hunting and fishing. I can always do those with just a few hours spare time during the day.

That is the hardest thing about trapping. I think that is one reason that this is such a cool Idea. Most everyone has a few consecutive nights off once in a while.
Posted By: coontrapper2016

Re: 2 night trap challenge (pics!) - 02/14/18 02:54 AM

I'm in community college now and for next season. Taking a light course load so I still I have time to go after it hard. I'm used to multitasking and I'm sure I'll still manage to get a few properties and catch a couple yotes and foxes when I gotta move to go to "real" college.

What are you majoring in Hunting Girl?
Posted By: Hunting G

Re: 2 night trap challenge (pics!) - 02/14/18 08:54 PM

I'm just getting my associates for Jounalism and Public Relations
Posted By: critter cuffer

Re: 2 night trap challenge (pics!) - 02/18/18 11:41 PM

That sure was a fun weekend,not to mention the 2 deer we shot for bow season also.
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: 2 night trap challenge (pics!) - 02/21/18 11:16 PM

Congrats, I don't know what I would do if I only had two days!
Posted By: PA_K-9_Trapper

Re: 2 night trap challenge (pics!) - 02/21/18 11:29 PM

Yea that's a great catch for only two days! How many traps did yous have out?
Posted By: AuthorTrapper

Re: 2 night trap challenge (pics!) - 04/22/18 07:05 PM

Whoa! Nice!
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: 2 night trap challenge (pics!) - 04/23/18 12:49 AM

Well Done! Very impressive for a weekend.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums