Home

Journal Keeping

Posted By: Plum Billy

Journal Keeping - 11/01/17 02:00 AM

I've been keeping a journal lately, and have enjoyed going back and read about myself. wink Just curios, who else does this on here?

I plan on keeping a separate journal for my trapline, does anyone here have any suggestions before I start?
Posted By: PA_K-9_Trapper

Re: Journal Keeping - 11/01/17 10:34 AM

I keep records on my traps. On every trap I record location, set type, number of sets at location, what kind of trap, what kind of bait, what kind of lure, and if their are any catches with the date. It is interesting to see what is connecting and what isn't.
Posted By: possumcatcher

Re: Journal Keeping - 11/01/17 03:44 PM

I am bad at keeping track of what lures or baits i use at each set. Normally I just have a few combinations I use at different sets. Right now I have 99 coon sets out and I have them marked on my gps where they are. Thats about the extent of my record keeping.
Posted By: Plum Billy

Re: Journal Keeping - 11/01/17 04:32 PM

PA K-9 Trapper do you keep your records with you on the line? Or do you keep them at home and write them every night?
Posted By: PA_K-9_Trapper

Re: Journal Keeping - 11/01/17 07:14 PM

I keep a little notebook that fits in my pocket with me when I am making sets, and when I am done with the set I write down what I need, then transfer it to my permanent record sheet at home.
Posted By: Alexia

Re: Journal Keeping - 11/01/17 09:48 PM

I keep a journal. I have for over 2 years. I make my entries in my room at night just before bedtime. It is not just about my outdoor life but all phases of my life. There are a lot of entries about hunting, trapping and fishing, but also about my education, friends, parents, field trips and people I have met. Sometimes on rainy or cold days I sit in my room and read about myself. I'm more interesting than I thought.
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Journal Keeping - 11/02/17 02:15 AM

I am going to use an app called I go trapping this season that keeps track of all that stuff. Look forward to seeing how it works.
Posted By: possumcatcher

Re: Journal Keeping - 11/09/17 02:58 PM

Hows that app workin for ya? I saw it the other day and am wondering about it
Posted By: AuthorTrapper

Re: Journal Keeping - 03/27/18 10:18 PM

I keep notes myself when I'm trapping. Its a good way to learn what works and what doesn't work. I recommend that all trappers keep a journal!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums