Home

Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick.

Posted By: Mira Trapper

Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick. - 02/08/08 01:35 PM

Posted By: BlakeTheTrapper

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick. - 02/08/08 01:36 PM

nice pic

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 01:36 PM

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 01:37 PM

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 01:38 PM

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 01:39 PM

a whole bunch of them linx??

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 01:39 PM

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 01:40 PM

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 01:43 PM

Posted By: oh trap

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 01:43 PM

what great pictures.thanks for shareing

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 01:44 PM

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 01:45 PM

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 01:46 PM

wow lots of em lol

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 01:49 PM

The last three pics are from my trap line here in Cape Breton. Our cats are classed as some of the best colored in the fur industry as are our mink. Unfortunately our fox don't run to the cherry red type that is most desired by the trade but every now and then we get a dandy.
Posted By: lanctrapper

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 01:50 PM

cool
Posted By: tuskettrapperman

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 02:02 PM

Mira I got a pic of one from when I lived up your way on the Glenora rd; seen it 2 or 3 times. The first time crossed the road I thought a bobcat as I drove by seen it was a lynx stopped and then wondered if it would stay while I drove back to get my camera, it did. Another time seen it along side of the road one night went home told the wife she went back it was still there she said she got out walked with in 10' of it, after awhile it just walked off. I told dnr about it but they seem indifferent about it.
Posted By: LM Shortcut

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 02:03 PM

I'm moving.!!! \:\) Great pics.
Posted By: trappingman0101

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 02:05 PM

great pics

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 02:39 PM

I received the pics from my daughter who is stationed in Canadian Military Base Camp Gagetown. Apparently the whole base is sharing them and being raised by a fur shed she forwarded them to me. Many ,the time that I wished I hadn't left my camera home. I have a image implanted in my minds eye of a very large bobcat trying to pull a snared cat out of the water a few years ago . The cat was laying on the snare log and reaching down into the exposed flesh protruding above the water line and trying to fish the smaller very dead cat out. One of those days when heavy wet flakes of snow is falling and everything is blanketed in snow. The big cat was very defined laying on the log against the snowy background and I was able to get fairly close before it bolted. I have no doubt that the big guy was fishing his dinner out of the water as cats will cannibalize each other. In fact one of that momma cats biggest tasks is keeping those cats away from other cats as they control their own populations strife for food by knocking each other off.
Posted By: wolferrules

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 03:04 PM

Nice pics.
Posted By: kyminktrapr

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 03:14 PM

The one closest to the camera looks like it has a collar on it. Those are some awesome pics.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 03:20 PM

this begs one question to me.. when cats travel in packs,herds,flocks, what is it called?

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 03:22 PM

I suspect these are a study group that the DNR were waiting to picture for examination on general health and thus the perfect set up. Our biologists are one of the reasons that conservation works. Yet they get slammed from both sides on a lot of issues. I know I would rather have biologists working for us(wildlife peoples) then have ARA preservationist beliefs take over Wildlife management. Some biologists have fallen into that trap. I hope time allows them to see that health is maintained by balance where man does have his place as a bean counter and harvester of nature.
Posted By: dbljaw

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/08/08 03:35 PM

Thanks for the pics and info. on them. Nice looking scenery there too.

Re: Some Canadian Wildlife Pics from New Brunswick - 02/09/08 05:21 PM

To The Top, cause it is a nice sunny day here and some folks might have missed these and want to brighten up their day with some Wild Life worth looking at.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums