Home

ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo"

Posted By: C.Cherry

ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/15/08 05:01 AM

Look what they are taking on in the Indiana House.

H.B.1260 "Encrypted Ammunition"
Posted By: dbljaw

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/15/08 05:12 AM

Geeze between the New DNR and this junk dont think I will ever move back.
Posted By: Geezerman

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/15/08 11:22 AM

Wow, guess they're trying to take away our ammo, so that was us small town bitter people only have an "empty" gun and a bible to tote around \:\)
Posted By: superfatcat

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/15/08 11:42 AM

WOW!!!! "an emergency is declared for this act", see the very bottom. Is Indiana under a state of emergency??
Posted By: mask bandit

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/15/08 03:23 PM

Guess I'll be writing to my reps. and tell them they're a bunch of commies.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/15/08 05:22 PM

this is almost word for word the same one that was before Arizona?? or nevada?? New mexico?? not too long ago..

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/15/08 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Geezerman
Wow, guess they're trying to take away our ammo, so that was us small town bitter people only have an "empty" gun and a bible to tote around \:\)

No, were not under a state of emergengy. Who knows what that means.

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/15/08 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: mask bandit
Guess I'll be writing to my reps. and tell them they're a bunch of commies.

This is what we all need to do. Perhaps not those exact words.
Posted By: Fur-monger

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/15/08 07:33 PM

Wow? They really want to control good law abiding citizens and let real criminals run free!
Posted By: mask bandit

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/15/08 08:54 PM

C.Cherry I'm going to start writing in between work,just sent out a two pager to Lugar,Bayh and Hill telling them "I'm not going to have the yolk of tryanny slapped around my neck !" and told them they were Nazi's. MB
Posted By: Latrans

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/15/08 10:16 PM

OK, with the 'micro-stamping' on all handguns sold in California and serial number encrypted ammunition, both easily defeated by criminals who can change out a firing pin or pick up their spent shells. This is govt. thinking, regulate honest citizens until they are criminals. That way everyone is guilty of something and the govt. has ultimate control.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/15/08 11:10 PM

mask bandit-
Check PM.
Posted By: mydogisscout

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/16/08 12:28 AM

looks to be the exact same thing as arizona. I think the people need to be vigilant, but leary of this one, sounds like someone is trying to instill a panic. since ALL handgun manufacturers send a fired bullet from EVERY handgun made with the gun for ballistics identification, it seems a likely candidate, and alot cheaper.
Posted By: billyjoehenry

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted A - 04/16/08 01:31 AM

I used to really like Luger over the years, but lately he's really got on my bad side. And dont even get me started on Bayh. He wants to be the vice president so bad he can taste it.

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted A - 04/16/08 03:18 AM

I know there is WAY TOO MUCH of this kind of stuff going on. I am going to keep my eyes on the state of Indianas website for more legislation. If I hadnt been looking at all the H.B.s currenly on the floor, I would not have even known about this myself. Makes a person wonder how much of this garbage goes through the different states governments that the people never even know about.
Posted By: Terry

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/16/08 03:58 AM

[quote=mask bandit]Guess I'll be writing to my reps. and tell them they're a bunch of commies. [/quote

If someone called you names, would that make you want to be on their side? Might better pause and think of words that would be more effective.
Posted By: MT Mtn Trapper

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/16/08 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: mydogisscout
since ALL handgun manufacturers send a fired bullet from EVERY handgun made with the gun for ballistics identification.

They do??? I've seen them come with fired cases but not a fired bullet. I suspect the fired case is supposed to be turned in to state law enforcement by the FFL dealer in those states that require them, but who do they send the bullets to, the state also or BATFE?
Posted By: white17

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/16/08 05:32 PM

So are they going to produce encoded and non-encoded ammo for Indiana ? If you buy ammo for your M1a it has to be encoded, but ammo for your M1 Garand doesn't ?? Right.

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/16/08 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: white17
So are they going to produce encoded and non-encoded ammo for Indiana ? If you buy ammo for your M1a it has to be encoded, but ammo for your M1 Garand doesn't ?? Right.

From what I understand 30/06 does not have to, but .308 does.
Posted By: 1st RiverRat

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/17/08 12:49 AM

Imposes a fee of $0.05 per round on the sale of encoded ammunition that is sold at retail.

What a bunch of crap !

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/17/08 02:17 AM

Youre telling me.

Re: ATTN. INDIANA RESIDENTS... HB1260 "Encrypted Ammo" - 04/17/08 06:25 AM

ttt
© 2024 Trapperman Forums