Home

Short but good season

Posted By: otterman

Short but good season - 03/30/24 05:07 PM

I wrapped up the season a couple weeks ago got a late start actually didn’t make it to one line till the first week of January and the other one wasn’t safe to get to until mid February in fact I only got 3 weeks on it. Closed things up early to fly up to the lower yukon and see grandkids had a record catch of 4 wolverine this year made for an exciting time

Attached picture IMG_7432.jpeg
Posted By: g smith

Re: Short but good season - 04/01/24 02:47 AM

Thanks for your post .Hope you do well with the price .

Re: Short but good season - 04/01/24 03:32 AM

G smith I will make more than the average person . After tanning my wife will turn them into hats mittens or ruffs or whatever her heart desires
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Short but good season - 04/01/24 04:09 AM

I'm surprised at how similar all 4 are colored. Is that the usual? I'm guessing 3 females and a male?
Posted By: broncoformudv

Re: Short but good season - 04/02/24 05:41 PM

Nice haul on the wolverine!

Re: Short but good season - 04/04/24 01:25 PM

Martentrapper 2males 2 females it’s funny how the coloring is close on them all I got 2 on one line and the other two almost 100 miles away in the opposite direction
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Short but good season - 04/13/24 12:32 AM

Congratulations
Posted By: Trailblazersteve

Re: Short but good season - 04/13/24 04:52 PM

Congrats Todd! Good that you are teaching the grand kids and youth with traditions and trapping. Working in the villages, I see it is going away fast. First question I ask when arriving in a village, summer or winter, is who traps? What do they trap? Can I meet? I work along side young men from the village and I am shocked when they tell me no one traps or my grampa used to trap. Really deprives the sewing ladies of material. I couldn’t have enough tanned hides to sell when I go to villages. Good to hear from you. Did you weigh any of the wolverine? One on the right looks big..
© 2024 Trapperman Forums