Home

End of the Season. . .

Posted By: bfisch

End of the Season. . . - 03/09/24 02:38 AM

well mostly, but if we don't take the picture now it may never get done and gonna head to town and sell and send to the tannery.

My second daughter (11) has really gotten into trapping this year. She caught two critters all on her own. Her first fox and then her first marten. I guess she did catch a snowshoe hare as well.
[Linked Image]

Though she didn't catch them, she did put up a majority of the squirrels in the picture. Good way to practice fur handling.
[Linked Image]

My wife had an average fox season, but she did well with marten. Not bad as the line is only 1.25 miles long!
[Linked Image]

It was a good wolf year for me and I still am going after them a little, but also starting beaver. I ended up getting four otter (one is still on the board) after a few pretty dry seasons. Lynx numbers weren't too high but marten was up overall and I still see sign of them running around. The number of squirrels was crazy. I have never caught so many (many we did not put up). They just kept coming and there is still tracks everywhere. Also caught my third cross fox ever so that was nice.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Boco

Re: End of the Season. . . - 03/09/24 03:41 AM

Great pics and nice mixed bag of fur.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: End of the Season. . . - 03/09/24 04:57 AM

Cool. Good job. Hope you get a big fur check!
Posted By: g smith

Re: End of the Season. . . - 03/09/24 05:19 AM

Thank you
Posted By: AKHowler

Re: End of the Season. . . - 03/09/24 07:05 AM

Good Job Brandon, see you next week.
Posted By: HFT AK

Re: End of the Season. . . - 03/11/24 07:09 AM

Some good looking fur there! You guys look like you had a awesome season! Congrats! I hope to see you at the auction!
Posted By: Northof50

Re: End of the Season. . . - 03/12/24 03:01 AM

Good luck with the sale.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: End of the Season. . . - 03/17/24 02:13 PM

Nice pictures. Good to have someone to share the experience with.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: End of the Season. . . - 04/13/24 12:37 AM

Congratulations
© 2024 Trapperman Forums