Interesting video

Posted By: Jacks

Interesting video - 01/07/24 08:29 AM

Very good video.

https://youtu.be/X3cTgq-iCuA?si=JQTLuXeWUpv5OM2d
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Interesting video - 01/11/24 01:04 AM

That is very cool!
Had an old buddy who traveled that area in the 60s and managed a camp on Great Slave. I always wanted to take him back there but we never made it.
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Interesting video - 01/11/24 04:22 AM

That was an excellent video. Thank you for sharing it.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Interesting video - 01/11/24 06:03 PM

Great video, kind if sad though what "progress" has brought to the north.

More recently (1974) my brother and I drove the new Cassiar "highway" from Watson Lake, Yukon Territory, to New Hazelton, B.C.. it was a rough gravel road at the time, only open to the public at nights and on weekends.

We saw the local First Nations folk still living a semi nomadic lifestyle; wall tents, horse, etc..

Drive that same highway now and you'll see what "improvements" the government has provided the locals; prefab permanent housing, etc.. Maybe the locals like it, but I see it as destructive.
Posted By: teacherman

Re: Interesting video - 01/11/24 10:16 PM

Great video, the arctic has a profound affect on people. I loved working in the oil industry north of Prudhoe. I actually showed this video to my environmental science class a while back.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Interesting video - 01/12/24 12:16 AM

That was an incredible journey.
Posted By: g smith

Re: Interesting video - 01/12/24 05:30 AM

It was great . Time does not wait . For me the past hold almost all my interest ,I hope I do not dwell on it to the extent that i ignore those folks who are nearby .
Posted By: gman

Re: Interesting video - 03/13/24 03:19 AM

very good
© 2024 Trapperman Forums