Home

Northern lights

Posted By: nvwrangler

Northern lights - 08/17/19 05:40 PM

I posted a thread in trapper talk about a surprise trip for my wife's 50th, and one of the ideas I had was heading North to see this. We have Friday thru Tuesday for our trip and I see the Fairbanks is holding the world Ice championships starting that weekend, any other ideas of things to see and do? The northern lights are something we both would love to see and heck it will be valentines weekend so I'll get even more brownie points lol

Thing we might consider :

mushing tour
snow machine tour
?????

I'd enjoy a trap line visit but not sure that fits her idea of a special valentine's trip lol
Posted By: aknome

Re: Northern lights - 08/22/19 08:41 PM

Ice carving is neat stuff. Northern Lights viewing completely dependent on weather. A dog sled ride would introduce you to the state sport. A snow machine tour would be a great way to see what most tourists don't. I've only spent summers in Fairbanks so can't give you much to do in the winter.[align:left][/align]
Posted By: Malukchuk

Re: Northern lights - 08/22/19 11:15 PM

Chena hot springs
Posted By: DenaliTrapper

Re: Northern lights - 08/24/19 05:08 PM

Hello nvwrangler. We do all the tours you mentioned here at our lodge. Depending upon the dates you are looking at, we should have at least a 100 miles of trapline out, we'll see the Northern Lights, and we have mushers we work with to do private tours. If you check it out, make sure you mention to my wife, Jennifer, that you get your 10% Trapperman discount. Toss in some ptarmigan hunting and ice fishing, and you'll have done it all. If this type of post is not acceptable, please delete, or let me know and I can delete. www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Claude
Posted By: BlueDuck

Re: Northern lights - 08/25/19 02:00 PM

We used to see them here in northern Idaho once in a while. Haven't seen them for several years now.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums