Going to church - 04/21/24 01:44 PM

This beautiful Sunday morning.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Going to church - 04/21/24 01:49 PM

nICE
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Going to church - 04/21/24 03:48 PM

Rainy day here, but church was good. Got served a moving sermon on James.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Going to church - 04/21/24 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

we are in 2nd corinthians
Posted By: waggler

Re: Going to church - 04/21/24 05:29 PM

Same here, double-dipping.
American service at 10, Russian service at 2 this afternoon.
Beautiful day here.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Going to church - 04/21/24 07:55 PM

Mr. Trump calls it two Corinthians.

Re: Going to church - 04/21/24 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by cat daddy
Mr. Trump calls it two Corinthians.

2 Corinthians it is
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Going to church - 04/21/24 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

Our sermon was on James also . But I taught the kiddos about the birth of Jacob and Esau.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Going to church - 04/21/24 09:19 PM

Do you who go to church enjoy doing it?

Do you go mostly out of a sense of duty, or do you go for some other reasons?

I was raised loosely as a Catholic and church always has seemed like a punishment to me.

Do you go to the church you were born into, or did you try churches until you found one you liked?

Keith
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Going to church - 04/21/24 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC

I was raised loosely as a Catholic and church always has seemed like a punishment to me.

Keith

I absolutely enjoy it. When I'm not able to go due to travel or illness, I really miss it. I started as catholic, and I know what you mean. I went to a catholic school my first five years, then went to public. What did it for me was when my fifth grade teacher, sister bernard, said my mom was going to hades because she wasn't catholic. She was Presbyterian. After that my grades failed and was put in public school. The church I attend now is so alive and the folks are so nice.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Going to church - 04/21/24 09:32 PM

Do you go to the church you were born into, or did you try churches until you found one you liked?

Keith

I really enjoy it.Jesus is really there himself and I get to receive holy Communion which Jesus gave us thru his death.I come out of church feeling very refreshed and alive.Thank you God for Jesus.The older I get the more I enjoy church.When I was younger people don't enjoy church as much and I am forever thankfully now for a mother that forced me to go to church.

Re: Going to church - 04/21/24 09:48 PM

Keith

I wasnt raised in a christian home. I really like going to church and the holy spirit blesses me. Im a greeter at church and enjoy being around better christians than myself. God has kept me alive with leukemia for 16 yrs...bad heart,heart attack e.r. said in Dec...crash and coma in 2009-10...war,,streets..killer mentality and way too much to name here. Wasnt a believer until about 62 yrs old and then he showed me he was real. He saved my life. Im still human. I still struggle with issues but Im trying. None is righteous,no not one. All my life he had been protecting me when I was trying so hard to self destruct . Found several I like but you must have the holy spirit working in your church..if not...find another. Keith,he is Real.!
Posted By: Old pup

Re: Going to church - 04/21/24 09:53 PM

I was raised Catholic. I haven't been to a mass that wasn't a funeral or wedding since shortly after my dad died in 1967.

I was supposed to be an alter boy but, when The Vatican changed mass from Latin to English, my dad put a stop to that.

Re: Going to church - 04/21/24 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Old pup
I was raised Catholic. I haven't been to a mass that wasn't a funeral or wedding since shortly after my dad died in 1967.

I was supposed to be an alter boy but, when The Vatican changed mass from Latin to English, my dad put a stop to that.

They are actually offering a lot more latin masses now.
Posted By: harrison72

Re: Going to church - 04/21/24 11:25 PM

Keith

I really enjoy it.
My life is extremely hectic and it seems as if I am constantly "putting out fires". I take the hour to listen to the sermon and and as much as anything, just thank the Lord for keeping me healthy and able to keep going and I always ask for continued strength. I'm far from perfect and probably in the eyes of several, I am not even Christian. However. The only 2 that really know the truth about a person is the person and the Lord.

Re: Going to church - 04/21/24 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by harrison72

Keith

I really enjoy it.
My life is extremely hectic and it seems as if I am constantly "putting out fires". I take the hour to listen to the sermon and and as much as anything, just thank the Lord for keeping me healthy and able to keep going and I always ask for continued strength. I'm far from perfect and probably in the eyes of several, I am not even Christian. However. The only 2 that really know the truth about a person is the person and the Lord.

Blessed are the peacemakers; for they shall be called the children of God.
Sounds like you are on the right path. Constantly putting out fires is truly a calling.
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: Going to church - 04/21/24 11:49 PM

I was raised in United Methodist church. I now attend First Free Methodist church. I attend a Sunday school class and then church service. Very seldom miss going. Still learning and saved by Jesus.

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 12:02 AM

Keith

I enjoy the fellowship.
We have a Sunday service and Wednesday evening dinner and study at the church im associated with.
But my wife and I are also involved in other bible studies with several different denominations.
We were joking a wile back if we play our cards right we would only have to make supper 1 or2 nights a week.
Church crashers. grin

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Giant Sage
[quote=KeithC]Do you who go to church enjoy doin
I enjoy the fellowship.
We have a Sunday service and Wednesday evening dinner and study at the church im associated with.
But my wife and I are also involved in other bible studies with several different denominations.
We were joking a wile back if we play our cards right we would only have to make supper 1 or2 nights a week.
Church crashers. grin

LOL!!! grin

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 12:23 AM

Awesome.What a great feeling.
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 12:32 AM

I very much enjoy going to church. I have a very good teaching pastor. Above that, I really appreciate Sunday school where we can ask questions and definitely increase our knowledge. Above that - I enjoy a weekly Monday meeting with men and women where we are 100% real with one another. Our struggles are known and we rely on one another to lift us up. 5 times a year I serve at a mens Encounter and get to whole heartedly serve around 1100 men. Men of all walks and all churches and non-churched and recovering addicts. It is truly more of a blessing to serve others and lead them towards Christ. Praying for other men and seeing them repent and be born again is better than anything this side of eternity. I love Jesus.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 01:16 AM

How come church coffee always is bad?

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Vinke

Has cream and sugar in it.

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 02:18 AM

Because He brews!!!!
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 02:22 AM

Keith

I consider myself a Christian. Yep, have faults and am a sinner.

I haven't went to a church in 30 years.

I quit going after realizing MOST people don't go to learn but to just go so OTHERS see them going!,.

But I digress.., nice pics. cool

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 02:29 AM

You apparently just haven't found the right church yet. We have drip, espresso, as well as good teas and Italian sodas. All free of charge.

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 02:33 AM

I go to church to receive holy Communion which is Jesus himself right there as his body and blood that he gave up for everyone of us.I could care less why other people are in that church with me or seeing me go there..Its good that they are there themselves but are not the reason I'm there.

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by bucksnbears

Keith

I consider myself a Christian. Yep, have faults and am a sinner.

I haven't went to a church in 30 years.

I quit going after realizing MOST people don't go to learn but to just go so OTHERS see them going!,.

But I digress.., nice pics. cool

Thank you for educating us that we are mostly hypocrites. Boy do I feel silly.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 02:52 AM

Sorry if that offended you.

I know MANY people that go every (almost)Sunday.
Just guessing but 9 outta 10 could not remember what the preacher said a few hours later!

Churches are a $$ pit!

Wanna learn the Gospel, read the Bible. Should not need another to interpit God's word to you as THEY seem fit.

crazy
But agian...,

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 03:15 AM

I do understand there are certainly churches full of peaple that are there for appearances.
Often it has to do with the leadership. Or even false doctrine.
The Holy spirit is definitely the teacher, and there's not a church building that will ever save a person.
But beleave me there are churches that are full of peaple with good Shepards that are raising up disciples.
Dedicated to learning from other Christians . And to raise up more deciples.Threads like this one are in a sense a body of believers seeking to edify one another. And every member has its gifts. It's realy much like our trapperman community. We learn from each other. Of course not every one shares all the same interests. But you would hope for the strength of our community we would stand together in numbers. Because strength is in numbers.
Posted By: foxhunter52

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 03:32 AM

Faith, Family, Loving The Lord and your fellowmen and service are keys to happiness in this life. I love going to church and we don't get coffee.

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by foxhunter52
Faith, Family, Loving The Lord and your fellowmen and service are keys to happiness in this life. I love going to church and we don't get coffee.

LDS? smile

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 03:41 AM

The last church event of the day.
[Linked Image]

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 03:52 AM

Is that the American verses the Russian teams?

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 03:55 AM

That's just a little smaller group than our whole congregation. grin
Ours is not a mega church.

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Giant Sage
That's just a little smaller group than our whole congregation. grin
Ours is not a mega church.

No, that's the married versus the unmarried; mostly Russians and Ukrainians.
Our church only has about 80 members, not a mega-church. But soccer is a big part of our church.

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 04:20 AM

Very athletic looking bunch.
Our church is very eclectic. More like the land of the misfits. smile
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Going to church - 04/22/24 12:10 PM

My communion is daily with the Lord trough Prayer and Bible reading.
Sunday School, worship service, and mid week bible study are ways I enjoy community with fellow believers.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums