Home

WI. --Eau Claire Pablo Center ???

Posted By: Bogmaster

WI. --Eau Claire Pablo Center ??? - 04/16/24 10:21 PM

Just found out that Roger Mcguinn was going to perform at the Pablo Center at the Confluence in September. My daughter is going to, take me{bless her heart) and ordered tickets. While I spend a good share of my time across the border in Wisconsin,Its been decades since I was in Eau Claire. Have any of you been to the Pablo Center? What was it like? also wondering about parking.
Last saw Mcguinn a couple of years ago in Hopkins Mn.--great show, This was just before Mcguinn turned 80(figured that it might be the last time I would see him in concert).Now we both just have to stay alive long enough so this event takes place,
I first saw Mcguinn in 1974 shortlt after he disbanded the Byrds.Cost of the ticket at the Guthrie theater was $6,00.--Waylon Jennings was his opening act.
Tom
Posted By: TraderVic

Re: WI. --Eau Claire Pablo Center ??? - 04/16/24 10:55 PM

The Pablo Center is fairly new (maybe five years old). It's a nice venue, the acoustics are top shelf. I've been there probably 4 - 5 times.
I live about 15 miles SE of EC.
Posted By: iron rob

Re: WI. --Eau Claire Pablo Center ??? - 04/16/24 11:02 PM

There are parking ramps a block or 2 from it. It’s a nice place
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: WI. --Eau Claire Pablo Center ??? - 04/16/24 11:05 PM

It is a very nice place, the acoustics are great no bad seats. We went when Zach Williams and Ben Fuller were there.
Posted By: Muskratwalt

Re: WI. --Eau Claire Pablo Center ??? - 04/17/24 12:40 AM

Caught my 1st beaver in a bank den In 1967 right where The Pablo center is now on the Chippewa river. It used to be the old Farmer Store parking lot then. As a teenager I spent all my free time at the river or Half Moon lake. I only lived a few blocks from either one. I have alot of memories of that area of Eau Claire. It was a whole different world back then .
Posted By: Average Joe

Re: WI. --Eau Claire Pablo Center ??? - 04/17/24 01:04 AM

Saw Gordon Lightfoot there in 2022 less than a year before he passed. Great artist, great show, great venue.
Posted By: Muskratwalt

Re: WI. --Eau Claire Pablo Center ??? - 04/17/24 01:05 AM

Keep your eye out for beaver sign Tom, there's lots swimming in those waters nowadays. Hope you enjoy your visit.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: WI. --Eau Claire Pablo Center ??? - 04/17/24 03:12 AM

Tom, enjoy the concert. I won't be there but got to see Roger live in Madison in the 60s when in college there.

Bryce
© 2024 Trapperman Forums