Home

Trees Arrived Today

Posted By: 160user

Trees Arrived Today - 04/16/24 05:42 PM

And they look great. I had never ordered from this place before but I will in the future. The Mountain Ash seedling are a full 6 feet tall! It is going to be cool and rainy all day tomorrow so great planting weather. Then I just need to put mouse guards on them and fence them.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: snowy

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/16/24 05:59 PM

That is a good price for 60 trees of that size and healthy.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/16/24 06:08 PM

All I can think of is Digging 60 holes

wow that's a lot of trees
Posted By: hickoryridge

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/16/24 07:53 PM

I ordered dolgo crabapples from them two years ago and they're doing really well
Posted By: elsmasho82

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/16/24 08:38 PM

You can get trees in the mail?!
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/16/24 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by elsmasho82

I've ordered some fruit trees through the mail, as bare root trees, along with a few elderberry bushes. All are doing well so far.

One of our Tman memebers, NEYotetrapper, runs turkey creek trees in kansas, I got two peach trees from him last week, and they're doing well too.

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/16/24 09:25 PM

Where have you been? You can get BRIDES in the mail these days! Yes, I have ordered 1,000's of trees by mail.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/16/24 09:36 PM

Very nice
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 12:17 AM

Didn't order any this year have quite a few spruce I need to transplant.

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 12:25 AM

I try to plant around 50 fruit trees a year and then 500-1,000 pine or spruce every other year. I enjoy watching them grow.
Posted By: Eyehi

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 12:35 AM

^^^major commitment planting that many trees each year …..what pear varieties grow well in your area ? I am getting ready to plant 2 golden spice pear trees that were grafted by a coworker ….i hope to have room to plant more fruit trees next spring ….

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Eyehi
^^^major commitment planting that many trees each year …..what pear varieties grow well in your area ? I am getting ready to plant 2 golden spice pear trees that were grafted by a coworker ….i hope to have room to plant more fruit trees next spring ….

It is but I enjoy it. The only pears that I have ever been able to make live here I dug from an old homestead near the Canadian border. They are TERRIBLE little pears but the critters eat them just like all the apples. It is amazing how much a few mature apple trees will alter animal movements. The deer, turkeys and grouse just go from clump to clump of trees. I have had as many as 18 grouse in the trees in the yard at one time. It is cheap entertainment.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 01:46 AM

Very Cool 160
Posted By: thgreenwing

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by 160user

Where have you been? You can get Grooms in the mail these days! Yes, I have ordered 1,000's of them by mail.

Fixed it
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Eyehi

It is but I enjoy it. The only pears that I have ever been able to make live here I dug from an old homestead near the Canadian border. They are TERRIBLE little pears but the critters eat them just like all the apples. It is amazing how much a few mature apple trees will alter animal movements. The deer, turkeys and grouse just go from clump to clump of trees. I have had as many as 18 grouse in the trees in the yard at one time. It is cheap entertainment.

As most of those persecuted Mennonite people came from USSR/ Ukraine ( 1905-12) so they brought over some Ussuriens pear types. Mixed with other apple they make a nice sauce preserve for roasted goose breast. 1st frost action changes the texture and then the wildlife eats the fallen fruit. There is an interesting insecticidal property extracted from the fruit
In the 1930-50 PFRA in Canada mailed out many of these pears to homesteads along with Ohio buckeyes
Posted By: FriarTuck

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 03:00 AM

Those are great looking trees. Care to share where you ordered them from?
Thanks
Jim
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 03:10 AM

[quote=FriarTuck]Those are great looking trees. Care to share where you ordered them from?
Thanks

X2

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 03:55 AM

The web page is on the order form.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 04:11 AM

Where have you been? You can get BRIDES in the mail these days! Yes, I have ordered 1,000's of trees by mail.

Why haven't you ordered a bride?
Posted By: AJE

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 04:52 AM

Thanks for the update. Good luck.

I finished planting my WDNR order last night. 250 trees. About wore me out. It is very rewarding.
Posted By: keets

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 11:02 AM

same nursery I ordered from, I'm going to pick mine up this weekend
Posted By: FriarTuck

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Northof50
The web page is on the order form.

Thanks, I looked for a name but hadn't noticed it.
I have my first order from them coming next week.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 03:31 PM

[/quote]
Why haven't you ordered a bride?[/quote]

He has no money left for blue pills

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Vinke

I never tried them. Trying to stick them up the end sounds painful.

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Vinke

I never tried them. Trying to stick them up the end sounds painful.

Must be small …….
Posted By: MTtraps

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 06:32 PM

We've been getting and planting those little mil order trees for a couple years past, this year I said enough and we went to to local nursery and got fewer trees but big ones (apple and crab apple) that will produce starting this year. At least get to see some of it produce in my life time besides just those little twigs

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 04/17/24 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by MTtraps
We've been getting and planting those little mil order trees for a couple years past, this year I said enough and we went to to local nursery and got fewer trees but big ones (apple and crab apple) that will produce starting this year. At least get to see some of it produce in my life time besides just those little twigs

I just came in from planting and some of this bare root stock is huge. It wouldn't Suprise me to see them produce next year. I don't pick any or very few anyway. I just like watching the critters eat them. I had 2 grouse in the yard this morning picking the little dried up apples off the trees.

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 05/13/24 02:57 AM

My trees from the Arbor Day Foundation arrived Friday. I can't figure out why some nurseries ship so late. Luckily the other 3 nurseries I ordered from shipped timely.

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 05/13/24 05:13 AM

late shipping is probably for clearance for hard frost days to be mostly over( -4c)

160user how many days after did it take for the planting aches to go away ?

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 05/13/24 05:24 AM

The dude finally got a woody?.......forest.........
Posted By: Osky

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 05/13/24 11:53 AM

Rob I put in hi bush cranberriy bushes and man oh man the grouse go crazy for those particularly in the winter.

Osky
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 05/13/24 01:09 PM

We get chicks in the mail...

So a tree is a piece of cake....
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 05/13/24 04:46 PM

Just pulled and transplanted around 50 spruce and white pine.

Re: Trees Arrived Today - 05/19/24 04:35 AM

My Norway Spruce arrived the other day from the Arbor Day Foundation. They look surprisingly fantastic. The Arbor Day Foundation's trees normally seem good, I just wish they'd ship earlier like the other nurseries do.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums