Home

Cancer sucks

Posted By: corky

Cancer sucks - 04/09/24 12:22 PM

For 25 years my wife has been battling breast cancer that got into her liver. She beat it the first time for 20 years. Then it came back and after 23 chemos she got targeted radiation which knocked it out again for 2 years. Unfortunately the chemo has affected her short term memory. Last week her cancer counts indicated that it is coming back again so we are in for round 3. As she said "Cancer never quits and neither will we."
To top it off my former golf partner of 10 years has been battling prostate cancer which got into his spine. That has been going on for 8 years. He will enter hospice this week.
Prayers for Sally and Dick would be appreciated.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/09/24 12:41 PM

Prayers sent for all of you.

Charlie
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/09/24 02:29 PM

Dang Corky....I never know what to say with these things, but I sure feel for you and your wife. She sure must be a fighter!
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/09/24 02:41 PM

I hear you got a call from a friend last week we have mostly talked on the phone or text seen each other at things but not hung out in 20 years, inoperable cancer.

we are meeting up Thursday evening to catch up.

sorry for your losses , time is the constant we can not change and it sucks.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/09/24 04:00 PM

Cancer does suck. Prayers for you and your wife.
Posted By: swamp

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/09/24 04:02 PM

Prayers sent
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/09/24 04:17 PM

Lost a lot of family to it, just left a funeral for a friends father that had it. Was clear for over 20 years didn't get his scans last year it must have moved fast.

Mom is coming up on 5 years out on brest cancer that had moved into her lip nodes. Mom had a lot of cancer buddies and lost many of them Cancer dose not care or discriminate young old rich or poor. It indeed sucks.

The chemo/radiation has effected mom's short term memory and her bones are now brittle. She broke her leg stepping off a curve.

I'm sorry your family is dealing with this again prayers inbound.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/09/24 04:45 PM

Yes cancer does suck. Prayers sent.
Jim
Posted By: Boco

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/09/24 05:22 PM

God Bless.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/09/24 05:29 PM

Prayers sent for strength to all. And for the doctors and nurses for all their help and knowledge
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/09/24 05:32 PM

Cancer sucks. And that is one tough lady.
I pray God heals her completely.
Posted By: hrdtoflw

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/09/24 05:32 PM

Cancer is terrible, and yes , it sucks! My wife will start radiation and chemotherapy in about three weeks. Prayers sent for your wife and yourself. Never give up!!!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/09/24 06:04 PM

Prayers Sent!
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/09/24 10:20 PM

yes cancer SUCKS, sending prayers,
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/09/24 10:47 PM

Cancer sucks. To many friends and family I have lost to cancer. Prayers to your family.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/10/24 12:43 AM

For sure
Posted By: Finster

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/10/24 12:46 AM

Prayers sent. My wife is an 12 year survivor. I understand what you are going through. God bless and you are in our prayers.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/10/24 01:31 AM

I wish you my thoughts and strength. We will be finding out a lot moore about my wife's cancer in the next couple weeks.

Moosetrot
Posted By: nate

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/10/24 01:53 AM

May God give strength, faith and comfort for your wife your friend and yourself plus all the other friends and family,
Posted By: Cooncreek II

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/10/24 08:25 AM

It sure does, lost both my parents to it. Going to my friends wife's funeral today because of it.
Best wishes to you and anyone else with this (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) stuff.
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/10/24 01:27 PM

Prayer for healing and comfort, for your wife.
Prayers of comfort for tour golf pardner.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/13/24 09:52 AM

Prayers sent.
Posted By: scheide

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/13/24 11:03 AM

My wife passed away 3 months ago from cancer. She battled it for only 8 months. Started out as tonsil cancer, turned into liver cancer. In the end they said she had maybe 2 months at best, and 2 days later she passed away. Not fun to deal with. No one should have to suffer like that.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/13/24 11:05 AM

That is terrible to hear, scheide. I hope you are doing well.
Posted By: RdFx

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/13/24 11:15 AM

Prayers for all cancer patients.
Posted By: Spike369

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/13/24 11:19 AM

My dad, uncle and grandma died of cancer. I had kidney cancer. If there is an evil on earth it's cancer! God bless and I'll pray for all with cancer!
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/13/24 05:01 PM

Prayers sent for you and your wife,we are going through this rotten crap also. My wife had breast cancer last year, she went through the chemo and 30 radiation treatments, 3 operations,2 to remove lymph nodes and a partial mastectomy ( her heart wound not be able to withstand a mastectomy much less a double mastectomy )and one for moving her pacemaker. She has been suffering from brain fog and neuropathy in her feet and hands since her treatments. Stay strong it's a rough road.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/14/24 02:49 PM

Try alkaline water, grounding sheets, and hyperbaric oxygen treatments
Twenty years ago my wife had breast cancer, two years later a rare deadly uterine cancer, luckily the tomors didn't leak cancer cells
Later we found out she has the bracca one gene
Posted By: Animals Only

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/15/24 12:28 AM

A prayed to all who are suffering thru the ravenges of cancer.
Posted By: charles

Re: Cancer sucks - 04/15/24 05:50 PM

Prayer sent for both. I had kidney and colon at the same time. Kidney removed and colon shortened. Both caught early. Every little pain makes me think cancer is returning. Cancer plays with your mind as well as your body. Good luck to your wife.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums