Home

Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly…..

Posted By: ScottW

Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 01:04 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Cody-Roberts-wolf-parade-bar-killed.html

https://wyofile.com/wolfs-capture-a...-condemned-highlights-legal-limitations/

If this story is indeed true, I think the ding dong armstrong common sense police need to pay this guy a visit. It’s so out of this world ridiculous, it’s almost hard to believe. This is a prime example of one step forward and three steps back when it comes to public perception and such. Happy trapping! ScottW
Posted By: Oakey

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 02:17 PM

That is just sick as well as stupid. Now I will get crap because I hate wolves but for 2 reasons. Number one wolves have become the sacred cow of the left. Number 2 they have totally destroyed our deer hunting in true northern Wisconsin not including Chippewa county and south. But I would never treat any animal that way and only an idiot would do it in public in this day and age. Just a sad sad story
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 02:42 PM

What a knob.
Posted By: Guss

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 02:54 PM

I read that! What a jerk he should killed it when he hit it.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 03:09 PM

Total disrespect for wildlife.
Running it down with a snowmachine is bad enough,the rest is just plain disgusting.
Posted By: slue-foot

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 03:12 PM

You put that guy's brain in the beer can he's holding it would rattle like a BB in a box car. Totally a disgrace to mankind.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 03:46 PM

Posted By: Marty

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 03:50 PM

If you slapped stupid in this country today your hand would get sore...
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 04:28 PM

This is the first I've heard of this.
Knowing many people from the Pinedale Daniel aria. I'm guessing this guy will have a black mark that will follow him for some time.
I feel for his kids and the community. They have to suffer the consequences of others actions along with
all advocates of freedom seekers . It's actions such as this and social media embellishing such actions that will be the demise of our liberties.
Keep in mind, this is a reporting of the media and there still needs to be due process.
I'd like to talk to some of the locals and get the story of witnesses.
I certainly hope his acquaintances-friends deal with it in an appropriate manner.
I'm not saying with violence. But appropriately.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Total disrespect for wildlife.
Running it down with a snowmachine is bad enough,the rest is just plain disgusting.

X 2!
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 05:01 PM

It's getting very hard to define what's true and not true anymore.
This is so far from normal humane actions, that it screams Animal Rights propaganda !

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 05:02 PM

The picture of him holding it with it's mouth taped shut , looks more like he's holding a dead wolf.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 05:06 PM

People been chasing down and running over coyotes since the first snow machine was built.
Posted By: martyd

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 05:50 PM

Nothing like helping the hunting and shooting , trapping community. Unbelievable the damage that he has done to us ! Marty
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
People been chasing down and running over coyotes since the first snow machine was built.

No way? smile

Don't think that was the bad part though. Not immediately dispatching wildlife seems to be the issue.
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

Dose that make it a right thing to do ?

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 06:21 PM

Illegal in a lot of places-not ethical.
Posted By: E.J. Kelley

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 06:59 PM

Need to take him to the train station!!!!

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Oakey
That is just sick as well as stupid. Now I will get crap because I hate wolves but for 2 reasons. Number one wolves have become the sacred cow of the left. Number 2 they have totally destroyed our deer hunting in true northern Wisconsin not including Chippewa county and south. But I would never treat any animal that way and only an idiot would do it in public in this day and age. Just a sad sad story

You should hate people. Wolves are just being wolves. Wolves would benefit from being controlled too. At least the ones left.

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 08:27 PM

People like that walk among us every day. Which is why it is prudent to be well armed
Posted By: warrior

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/08/24 08:35 PM

My only beef is that he made it a public spectacle. As for how, well that's his business no mater how stupid I think he is. Ultimately dead is dead.

Just kill it and be done with it. Only a sick freak plays with it.
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 12:16 AM

Idiots like that if real are destroying our rights.
Posted By: jk

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 12:23 AM

Welcome back Marty!!!!!!
Posted By: wytex

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 02:23 AM

Sadly the only law he broke was possessing a live wolf, it is illegal in Wyoming to possess a live wolf or wolf hybrid.
Wolves are considered predators in the area he shot it and they have NO laws protecting predators in Wyoming.

And yes the story is true.
Also folks have been using snow machines to run down coyotes for years out this way.
I'm betting he will be the one responsible for getting laws passed so it will not happen again.

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by wytex
Sadly the only law he broke was possessing a live wolf, it is illegal in Wyoming to possess a live wolf or wolf hybrid.
Wolves are considered predators in the area he shot it and they have NO laws protecting predators in Wyoming.

Also folks have been using snow machines to run down coyotes for years out this way.
I'm betting he will be the one responsible for getting laws passed so it will not happen again.

BS I don't and can't believe any hunter or trapper , would disrespect an animal like that!

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 02:59 AM

It is true.

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
It is true.

Just because it's printed, and pushed by the media , it's true?

Funny how people question less Falises.

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 03:06 AM

Let alone the lies in print every second of the day.
Posted By: slowpoke

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 03:06 AM

If your going to kill it than kill it , but don’t disrespect any animal like that ..
This guy is a some kind of macho (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) hole …

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 03:11 AM

many lies are printed but this story is true.

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 03:12 AM

many lies are printed but this story is true.

If true , who paid him to do it?

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 03:14 AM

It's very obvious he's seeking attention.

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 03:15 AM

I doubt anyone paid him.

Look people do that to other people on a regular basis.

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 03:23 AM

I doubt anyone paid him.

Look people do that to other people on a regular basis.

Good point , still hard to believe we as people have degraded that far.

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 03:35 AM

^that is the tip of the iceberg for how far society has degraded

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by warrior
My only beef is that he made it a public spectacle. As for how, well that's his business no mater how stupid I think he is. Ultimately dead is dead.

Just kill it and be done with it. Only a sick freak plays with it.

Well said, it appears he was seeking attention.

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 04:23 AM

^that is the tip of the iceberg for how far society has degraded

Nero had such a hate for Christians he would poor hot oil over them and light them for torches for his parties.
Nothing new under the sun.
Of course the example of the wolf incident doesn't compare to the atrocities of Evils past.
It still doesn't make it right.
Evil is evil weather it's animal cruelty or half a million lives lost in present conflicts of the world.
Posted By: keets

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 11:32 AM

This article is from the Daily Mail in UK.I think they like to exaggerate and sensationalize for attention, and it's working
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Oakey

All true

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 12:06 PM

Daniel wy is a city of less than 200 people. I don’t know how pictures got on the internet. Trying to keep AR people happy is a complete waste of time. They would be whining if he called it in and just shot it. I don’t think he should be made out a villain
Posted By: Idahotrapguy

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 01:05 PM

First of all extremely unethical and something no responsible hunter or trapper would do. Second off all, when will be realize that their pictures and actions reflect on all of us. Our IDFG director just got done speaking of this at our banquet. We just spent over 50 grand on the grizzly lawsuit and folks do stupid things like this that instantly make millions of dollars of fundraising for the antis
Posted By: wytex

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine

BS I don't and can't believe any hunter or trapper , would disrespect an animal like that!

What is BS, he did it and yes all of the story is true.
And yes folks been running down coyotes in snow machines for years.
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 02:03 PM

Why would anyone on here hate wolves? They are just the tool extremists are using to destroy one hundred and twenty five years of successful wildlife management in North America. Direct your Ire toward those PEOPLE who deserve it instead of wildlife that is just doing what the species does naturally.

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by wy.wolfer
Why would anyone on here hate wolves? They are just the tool extremists are using to destroy one hundred and twenty five years of successful wildlife management in North America. Direct your Ire toward those PEOPLE who deserve it instead of wildlife that is just doing what the species does naturally.

True

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 03:22 PM

If wolves knew better, they would hate the people allowing them to destroy their food source. Get's tough when they run out of the sick, young, and old and have to kill the adult, healthy, and mean. smile
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt

If wolves knew better, they would hate the people allowing them to destroy their food source. Get's tough when they run out of the sick, young, and old and have to kill the adult, healthy, and mean. smile

Kill the wolves to protect the adult, healthy and mean. Problem solved.

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 08:16 PM

If you kill off all the wolves you wont have a very healthy trapground.
Wolves like beaver,are a keystone species.Lots of other wildlife depend on them.

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 10:02 PM

No wolves here Boco, and my trapground is just fine. whistle

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1

How many species in the monoculture?

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 11:25 PM

I dont know what monoculture means but except for wolves grizzly and buffalo I dont believe there are any species missing from 300 years ago. Too many cattle for wild buffalo herds and too much livestock to allow wolves and grizzlies

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/09/24 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Originally Posted by trapdog1

How many species in the monoculture?

There are domestic cattle, horses, pigs, chickens, turkeys (butterballs), road kill, corn, alfalfa, soy beans, etc. Plenty of alien species. Not really a North American ecosystem.

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/10/24 12:27 AM

That may be true, but there are still plenty of critters to trap. Good enough for me.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/10/24 01:23 AM

There always has been and always will be a small percentage of people like that in society. And they reproduce. As a matter of fact they seem to be reproducing at a much fast rate than those of a higher intellect. I know people and we probly all do that enjoy killing housecats for no reason. They just do it. I remember about 20 yrs ago a pack of wolves near Daniel was destroyed for killing cattle for a producer. There's more now.
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/10/24 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine

He's not a trapper or much of a hunter. He's a ranch hand.

Re: Anyone near Daniel, WY? Go slap this guy silly….. - 04/10/24 05:59 PM

When a grown man does something like that to 'impress' the bar buddies you know why I am prepared to defend myself daily/everywhere I go.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums