Home

why are all the good churches in the south

Posted By: west river rogue

why are all the good churches in the south - 03/28/24 11:13 PM

Atlanta area especially and n.c.
Posted By: Guss

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 12:40 AM

Not all are down South .there a good one by me.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 01:04 AM

Show me the video where you start passing the Rattle Snakes around.I like them ones.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 01:26 AM

C'mon down upstateNY for a lively spiritual experience, and some faith testing. laugh
Posted By: Scout1

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 01:29 AM

Bible Belt!
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 01:33 AM

Never so many radical/ brainwashed people when it comes to " The Words of Christ" then those from the far south.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 02:39 AM

A lot can depend on what one may call "what is a good church" My ideas may be much different than others. Probably why there are several hundred denominations, sects etc. just in the US.

Bryce
Posted By: waggler

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 04:29 AM

There are a couple of rather whacky ones in Atlanta too.

It requires discernment whenever you are listening to man; especially when they purport to be speaking on God's behalf. Some are, many are not.
Posted By: warrior

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by waggler
There are a couple of rather whacky ones in Atlanta too.

It requires discernment whenever you are listening to man; especially when they purport to be speaking on God's behalf. Some are, many are not.

Just a couple?
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 05:00 AM

Most of the ones I've been around end up pretty cult-y . Preacher has a following of women folk . Lotta pageantry and show boating. At least with most of the small black churches. And I guess up with a dad what was in the church inner workings so I got to see and hear a lot more then what most do.
Preachers getting extra money for their massive houses
Older women bullying the younger ones our because they don't want to loose there chance with any off the men.
Parents beating their kids because they couldn't say a Easter speech or whatever as good as the other kids.
Renovations that should only cost XYZ costing 3x and no one can show receipts.
List goes on
Posted By: KeithC

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
Show me the video where you start passing the Rattle Snakes around.I like them ones.

Keith
Posted By: DWC

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 05:52 AM

Our little church I grew up in is still running, barely. It’s unlocked right this minute, never even been a phone in it. Middle of nowhere. I moved away 17 years ago but I still get back once a year or so. Same people, just getting old. Maybe 20 people per Sunday. When Im back, Ive never felt more at home. I never joined one since. Church for me is the people.

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Scout1
Bible Belt!

so true!

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 09:18 AM

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 09:46 AM

DWC said it right, the church are the believers/people no matter the location.
Posted By: learch

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 11:36 AM

Church is what you make it. I struggle sometimes in the big church I go to. I’ve been there for about 15 years and only once has there been a controversy and it was dealt with. I struggle with the pageantry and the way young people dress and such but that is my issue not theirs. Who the heck am I to point fingers
Posted By: BandB

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by bucksnbears
Never so many radical/ brainwashed people when it comes to " The Words of Christ" then those from the far south.

By radical,do you mean people who actually believe the Bible or something else?
Posted By: Shakeyjake

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 12:09 PM

When I was 13, down in Florida for a winter trip we went to one. My dad being a deacon in a Mennonite church, he looked in the phone book and found one. Was surprised to see it was almost the same as the one we went to up here. Met a girl there, but we were both too shy. Dang! That was my ticket to the USA.
Steinbach has a several church on every other street now. When members don’t like something, they split and start their own. I remember when the pastor was a bus driver, truck driver, concrete guy etc and drove an old car or 1/2 ton. Now they’re in Cadillacs or BMWs and never held a job…..zero life experience.
Some of the pastors would give you a whooping if you misbehaved too…then you’d get it again when dad found out!…..lol
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 12:24 PM

I am part of the church - are you? I dont care what the building says outside or what it looks like inside. I praise God with those forgiven sinners who have called out to the Lord and been redeemed. Romans 10:13
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 01:01 PM

A lot of churches nowadays are just too loud. Sound systems blasting music, and there are several around here that even have bands. Too much for me.
Posted By: run

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 01:13 PM

Thankfully my church is not too loud. I have been in loud churches though.
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 02:04 PM

Tens of thousands can gather and scream and make fools of themselves as grown men fall over or throw a ball and millions of dollars are wasted - but 100 folks praising God is too loud......... blush
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 02:08 PM

I guess it depends what makes a good church.

I would guess you may think that because they have big churches with large media offerings. great music.

I figure it has a lot to do with the density of churches , for every nice big church with a media presence 25 small churches without a media presence or talented praise band. they are not bad just small
there are 9 tiny churches in a strip mall or renting Sunday space and 5 of them have some silver tonged crook at the pulpit.

so because there are just a lot more , there are more good and bad
Posted By: bblwi

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 02:58 PM

Probably a cultural thing we are going through these last decades. We don't want or care about spiritual growth unless we are entertained in the process. We all take different side roads on our spiritual growth journey.

Bryce
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by TreedaBlackdog
Tens of thousands can gather and scream and make fools of themselves as grown men fall over or throw a ball and millions of dollars are wasted - but 100 folks praising God is too loud......... blush

You do it your way, I'll do it mine. Same result in the end.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 03:46 PM

I get the feeling from the church I go that we are a "come as you are church". I can't ever remember seeing anyone wearing a suit and tie. Not a hotel for saints, but a hospital for sinners.
Posted By: jht

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
I guess it depends what makes a good church...

I was thinking along these same lines. I'll pose it as a question though. What makes a church good?
Posted By: charles

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 04:53 PM

A church I once belonged to became divided over a racial issue. I expect recent political issues are now a problem as well.

Re: why are all the good churches in the south - 03/29/24 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
Probably a cultural thing we are going through these last decades. We don't want or care about spiritual growth unless we are entertained in the process. We all take different side roads on our spiritual growth journey.

Bryce

exactly...many dont understand this.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums