Home

Going to the cardiologist (up date)

Posted By: salemtrapper

Going to the cardiologist (up date) - 03/28/24 09:35 AM

My daughter finally gets to see one today, wish us luck and say a little prayer for her. Hopefully we go and they don't find a thing.. that's what I'm hoping and God himself can make that happen.

First and for most I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers. We went to children's in st Louis, they did an ekg and did confirm she had wpw. He explained to us what this actually was and how it's fixed. They asked how often episodes were happening and what were the symptoms. After hearing how long it was he didn't seem to worried. He placed a heart monitor on her for a month in trying to catch the events with how often and what is actually happening so him and his team can come up with a plan of action.. the doctor did ease some concerns with genes I could pass down, since my father has passed them down to me in a blood clotting gene and factors. So we didn't get the news I would have liked but also we got some ease and comfort on the matter of what was Unknown for us and as parents that is enough.
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Going to the cardiologist - 03/28/24 09:50 AM

Salemteapper. Prayers for you and your daughter.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Going to the cardiologist - 03/28/24 09:59 AM

sending prayers
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Going to the cardiologist - 03/28/24 03:21 PM

Prayers for both of you.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Going to the cardiologist - 03/28/24 03:23 PM

I hope it goes well- as a heart patient I can tell you that there are some awfully good cardiologists out there.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Going to the cardiologist - 03/28/24 03:30 PM

Prayers sent
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Going to the cardiologist - 03/28/24 03:34 PM

Prayers sent
Posted By: Boco

Re: Going to the cardiologist - 03/28/24 03:40 PM

God bless.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Going to the cardiologist - 03/28/24 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by salemtrapper
My daughter finally gets to see one today, wish us luck and say a little prayer for her. Hopefully we go and they don't find a thing.. that's what I'm hoping and God himself can make that happen.

Good luck & prayers sent.

I've been there several Times, myself.

You will be in good hands.

walleyed
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Going to the cardiologist - 03/28/24 04:20 PM

Prayers sent.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Going to the cardiologist - 03/29/24 11:50 AM

salem, I hope it all works perfectly...can I ask what wpw stands for?
Posted By: salemtrapper

Re: Going to the cardiologist - 03/29/24 03:01 PM

Wolf Parkinson white syndrome. So, in a earlier post I posted about kendell having high heart rate felling dizzy, jello legs, and short of breath. How the doctor explained it to us, the heart beat top of the heart pause in middle and beats at the bottom of the heart from a chemical induce shock. Kendell was born with a piece of tissue in the middle of her heart where you should have a pause, and every now and then the circuit will catch on that piece and cause the shock to beat the upper more so because the shock just spins in a circle from middle to upper instead of going down to the bottom of the heart causing rapid heart beat and irregular beating. The fix is to go in and way I take it burn that piece of tissue to make it disappear.. the way he talked its a simple procedure, and they do 1000 a year. Scary as a parent them being in your kids heart though. And also may be multiple times doing so because our body likes to repair its self and as it's healing that piece can grow back I guess.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Going to the cardiologist - 03/29/24 03:16 PM

I had an atrial flutter in my right atrium. I had two choices to correct it. One, was to stop my heart and restart it. Problem with that procedure was it would probably come back in 6 months or maybe in 10 years. But, the percentage was high that it would come back.

The other option was an ablation where they would go into the right atrium and burn an area of the atrium. That procedure was about 95% certain that the flutter would be corrected and never come back. I chose the ablation. it went well and I've never had a problem since. I went into the hospital early morning and was back home later afternoon. You just have to take it easy for a few days afterwards. Believe them when they say it's a simple procedure. Will continue to pray for your daughter. I'm sure she will do fine. Kids heal much quicker than an old coot like me does.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums