Home

200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 12:31 AM

The Biden Administration said they are speeding up the time line on the release date.The Administration said the release of the bears is a good idea to increase the “social tolerance” of the species. The ranchers in the area are ticked.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 12:38 AM

Where they getting the 200 grizzlies from ?
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

Exactly where my mind went.?
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 12:40 AM

Seattle would be a interesting start.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 12:42 AM

Social tolerance is pretty easy when the bear is dead.
Posted By: midlander

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 12:43 AM

The article i read said releasing 5-7 bears each year for 10 years. In 60-100 years, they expect those bears to number about 200. Either way, I would not like it if it were in my state because you know they arent going to let the state manage them...aka no hunting season.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 12:46 AM

Sorry, gotta call b.s. on this " news".
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bob_Iowa

I just hope that the grizzlies take out a dozen or so filthy hippies before those geniuses wake up to the fact how stupid this idea is.
Posted By: 160user

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
Originally Posted by Bob_Iowa

I just hope that the grizzlies take out a dozen or so filthy hippies before those geniuses wake up to the fact how stupid this idea is.

The poor bears will need to lip their backside for a long time to get the Hippie taste out of their mouth.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 12:55 AM

More information- https://www.fox13seattle.com/news/p...on-has-people-drawing-a-line-in-the-sand
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by trapperkeck

Exactly where my mind went.?

China?
Posted By: charles

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 01:02 AM

How many grizzlies will it take to clear out a small homeless camp? Washington May be on to something.
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 01:12 AM

What I have read 5 to 7 bear per year until they have 25 resident bear. 60 to 100 years to reach population of 200. This will be an experimental population which will allow more options for managing them. None of the bear brought in will have any human conflict problems. They are coming from the Yellowstone ecosystem.

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by SundanceMtnMan
What I have read 5 to 7 bear per year until they have 25 resident bear. 60 to 100 years to reach population of 200. This will be an experimental population which will allow more options for managing them. None of the bear brought in will have any human conflict problems. They are coming from the Yellowstone ecosystem.

They already have a human conflict problem in Yellowstone. I wish they would remove them all and place them in the Liberals back yard wherever they live.
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 01:53 AM

Not all bear cause problems. The only reason I am against them is they are a tool for the antis.

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by midlander

The article i read said releasing 5-7 bears each year for 10 years. In 60-100 years, they expect those bears to number about 200. Either way, I would not like it if it were in my state because you know they arent going to let the state manage them...aka no hunting season.

I read this also. However, on the local news today they said they wanted to greatly speed all this up.
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 02:27 AM

Since that Administration cannot even find a Border I bet they release them in NY City to curb the Illegals.
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Seattle would be a interesting start.

X2 (Metro) and add Spokane and Olympia too!
Posted By: Jakeland

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 03:00 AM

Living here we already have a huge predator problem, we have more lions, bobcats, coyotes then you can count plus a huge black bear population on top of that we have a huge wolf problem now they want to add Grizz to that 😡 very bad idea as our ungulates are getting hammered oh ya our lowland caribou are gone completely not one left
Posted By: Idahotrapguy

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 03:09 AM

I'm all for animals being reintroduced IF there is room for them (no room for more grizzlies or wolves in lower 48) and they can't be used as a weapon to keep us off public lands. I just can't get over how the grizzlies have been used to shut down wolf trapping in Idaho.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 03:31 AM

LOL Anything to distract from the real issues that are going down.

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine
LOL Anything to distract from the real issues that are going down.

I don’t understand. Please explain.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 04:00 AM

I don't want either, but 200 grizzly bears is a lot less dangerous than 20 million illegal aliens.

Keith
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 10:20 AM

you wont get life for killing a grizzly in your barn
Posted By: DaveP

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 10:53 AM

Amazon
Posted By: Shakeyjake

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 11:31 AM

Probably checked the Wilderness forum here. Heck, I bought a polar bear off this site!…lol

You’d think they’d be wandering south from BC since they shut the hunting down there years ago.
Posted By: Jingles

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 12:44 PM

As Midlander stated this will just be a tool to further shut down hunting, especially with the tree hugging anti's on the Wildlife Commission, they are already looking at restricting Beaver trapping to select relocating groups, reducing deer hunting to by permit only and selecting which side of the State you will hunt on, East or West
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 12:49 PM

I read there's 900-1000 grizzly in Jellystone not to mention the ones that spread outside the park. My boys talked to ranchers while elk hunting east of Jellystone. They manage the grizz themselves.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 12:51 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dragger

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 01:44 PM

People who actually know spit about grizzlies know you can't graze cattle in areas with them around.

This is designed to stop all grazing on public lands.

The end goal is destroy "toxic masculinity" as they see it

Hunting, steaks, guns and the combustion engines all are enjoyed by men and represent the American male

A vote for any Democrat is a vote for destruction of manliness. They want you to be a feminine little wuss whose easily controlled and a slave to the system.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 01:47 PM

I would much rather see them released in Washington DC !
Posted By: Dirt

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 02:30 PM

Females can only produce 3 to 4 cubs ( two would be most common ) not every year. They raise cubs for two years and i believe get knocked up again the spring following after the second year denning with cubs?
Posted By: Elkguy

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 02:32 PM

I hope they take them from here. We have way too many.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Females can only produce 3 to 4 cubs ( two would be most common ) not every year. They raise cubs for two years and i believe get knocked up again the spring following after the second year denning with cubs?

I would wonder what the survival to maturity rate of triplets/quads would be. I doubt it would be high without a really easy, concentrated food sourse
Posted By: Dirt

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB

I would wonder what the survival to maturity rate of triplets/quads would be. I doubt it would be high without a really easy, concentrated food sourse

Maybe somebody should explained to the FEDs that trophy hunting boars tends to grow populations faster.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB

To compound that, the boars will kill the cubs to hasten the sow coming into estrous.
Posted By: Spike369

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 09:03 PM

I think they should release a few in Seattle, Tacoma, Yakima and Vancouver. That should make all those animal lovers happy. They can go out and pet those cute little creatures whenever they want. I read where they eat mostly berries and leaves ans grasses. While I was in Alaska they ate a lot of salmon too. Saw one up on the north slope dig out a marmot or something and ate it on the spot. Guess the ones in Washington won't eat meat.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/26/24 09:18 PM

Excellent, California needs about 400 plus also huh
Posted By: Scout1

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/27/24 12:53 AM

I'll go with S,....,S. Too big of a hole to dig.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/27/24 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jingles
As Midlander stated this will just be a tool to further shut down hunting, especially with the tree hugging anti's on the Wildlife Commission, they are already looking at restricting Beaver trapping to select relocating groups, reducing deer hunting to by permit only and selecting which side of the State you will hunt on, East or West

I work with a guy who moved here from your state. The way he describes the Wildlife Commission it sounds like there needs to be a season on them. lol

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 03/27/24 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton

I work with a guy who moved here from your state. The way he describes the Wildlife Commission it sounds like there needs to be a season on them. lol

Amen

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 05/08/24 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Spike369
I think they should release a few in Seattle, Tacoma, Yakima and Vancouver. That should make all those animal lovers happy. They can go out and pet those cute little creatures whenever they want. I read where they eat mostly berries and leaves ans grasses. While I was in Alaska they ate a lot of salmon too. Saw one up on the north slope dig out a marmot or something and ate it on the spot. Guess the ones in Washington won't eat meat.

Yakima is redneck country. Very predator unfriendly place.
Posted By: Osky

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 05/08/24 12:12 PM

I thought the Fish and Game brought this subject up at meetings with the people who would be forced to live with these apex predators, and from all reports I saw the idea was roundly rejected?

That part of the government which also lives off of our taxes no longer works for nor answers to us either?

Osky

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 05/08/24 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton

If you read the leftist reporters articles on the shed hunters who killed a grizzly in Montana they all push the same talking point. They should have left the area after seeing a print in the snow. Pushing the narrative that they caused the problem and bears have priority over humans on public land. Basically pushing the narrative they should be charged.

One lbgtqwyxz bimbo from a Idaho paper stated the agenda clearly. I will be writing this confused little bimbo stating my position/policy on any creature who attacks me and on freedom of travel. I'm sure her low IQ Nazi/Commie brain will short circut.

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 05/08/24 02:11 PM

I hope they take them from here. We have way more than we need.
Posted By: Maddog47

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 05/08/24 11:29 PM

Great place to restock them, downtown Minneapolis, MN.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 05/09/24 04:25 PM

First cassulty

Killed a biker already.
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 05/09/24 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by randall brannon
Since that Administration cannot even find a Border I bet they release them in NY City to curb the Illegals.

Wishful thinking.

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 05/10/24 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Drifter
First cassulty

Killed a biker already.

It's rare according to the "authorities" is their goto line.

Not so rare for her..
Posted By: Osky

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 05/10/24 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dragger
Originally Posted by Drifter
First cassulty

Killed a biker already.

It's rare according to the "authorities" is their goto line.

Not so rare for her..

Come on now, everyone knows the best way to provoke a bear attack is to ride a bike in bear country. It was her fault.
How mad do YOU get when there’s a bunch of bikes on the road?

Osky

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 05/10/24 01:28 PM

Killed a forest service employee that was riding his bike down a trail near Glacier a couple years back too. Don’t surprise the grizzlies!
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 05/10/24 05:56 PM

30×30

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 05/11/24 04:39 AM

Osky[/quote]

Come on now, everyone knows the best way to provoke a bear attack is to ride a bike in bear country. It was her fault.
How mad do YOU get when there’s a bunch of bikes on the road?

Osky[/quote]

I don't get mad unless they are all over the road. Maybe a little jealous that I'm not riding.

In the mountains I carry when riding as it can trigger an attack. So far I haven't been lucky enough to be attacked. When I'm carrying the right tag during hunting season I pray for an attack. lol

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 05/11/24 12:47 PM

Supposedly the researchers could not locate any grizzly in the N. Cascades, have to say then they are poor researchers as I have observed 3 on 3 different occasions, and being on horseback 2 of the times turned into real rodeos between the horse and mules I was leading. The habitat is NOT there without out closing the wilderness to human entry, (which is probably their ultimate goal) the ungulate population can not support the grizzly now they have let the wolf population decimate the deer and elk herds, guess next food source will be the granola eating, flower sniffing, buggy loving, prius driving spandex wearing, pedal pushing tree hugging west siders. One can only hope right

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 05/12/24 12:24 AM

I know for a fact there have been a few grizzlies north of Snoqualmie Pass since the early 90s. If the land could support a population there would be a population and they wouldn't have to relocate one.
Hard to deny it when USFWS has grizzly warning signs just north of Interstate 90.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: 200 Grizzly’s to be released in Washington State - 05/13/24 05:02 PM

Supposedly the researchers could not locate any grizzly in the N. Cascades, have to say then they are poor researchers as I have observed 3 on 3 different occasions, and being on horseback 2 of the times turned into real rodeos between the horse and mules I was leading. The habitat is NOT there without out closing the wilderness to human entry, (which is probably their ultimate goal) the ungulate population can not support the grizzly now they have let the wolf population decimate the deer and elk herds, guess next food source will be the granola eating, flower sniffing, buggy loving, prius driving spandex wearing, pedal pushing tree hugging west siders. One can only hope right

Where is the like button when you need it! lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums