Home

NCAA wrestling

Posted By: hickoryridge

NCAA wrestling - 03/25/24 02:33 PM

anybody watch the tournament over the weekend? man I love wrestling . . a sport like no other
Posted By: imiller

Re: NCAA wrestling - 03/25/24 04:46 PM

just finished watching it this morning
seems to get better and better every year
Posted By: wrestlecoach

Re: NCAA wrestling - 03/25/24 04:51 PM

All 6 sessions were great. Missed not being there this year
Posted By: Kong

Re: NCAA wrestling - 03/25/24 04:59 PM

It will be interesting to see how NIL and transfer portal continue to change college wrestling. Some top wrestlers are already getting 6 figures, wrestlers reaching out to wrestlers with offers to leave their current school and join a new team etc. I will be glad when all the extra Covid year stuff plays out also.
Posted By: uplandpointer

Re: NCAA wrestling - 03/25/24 10:02 PM

I watched it. I watch a lot of wrestling. Unfortunately I found this years D1 championship stale.
Posted By: Kong

Re: NCAA wrestling - 03/25/24 10:20 PM

They could ratchet up the activity and scoring if you scored a point by pushing the opponent out of bounds like freestyle
Posted By: imiller

Re: NCAA wrestling - 03/25/24 10:43 PM

quarters and semis are always the best matches in my opinion.
Posted By: ozark trapper ia

Re: NCAA wrestling - 03/25/24 11:31 PM

I missed the first round but watched all the rest. Have not been to the tournament since 2000. Made it to seven of them, good times. I agree quarters and semis are the best. I think the refs are just as bad for the sport as NIL. There is not enough consistency with stalling calls from match to match. Its still the greatest collage sport in my opinion.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: NCAA wrestling - 03/26/24 03:23 AM

I was able to watch about half the matches. Penn State did very well as a team.

Bryce
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: NCAA wrestling - 03/26/24 04:24 AM

I like watching a good boxing match , wrestling makes no sense to me
Posted By: wrestlecoach

Re: NCAA wrestling - 03/26/24 04:54 PM

Hats off to Cornell for taking second. Ivy League school, no scholarships, do not allow transfers, no redshirts. Actually lost a lot of wrestlers a few years ago when coach went to Stanford.
Posted By: hickoryridge

Re: NCAA wrestling - 03/26/24 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kong
They could ratchet up the activity and scoring if you scored a point by pushing the opponent out of bounds like freestyle

I agree, too many guys wrestling near the edge and then just scoot out of bounds when they get in trouble
© 2024 Trapperman Forums