Home

Chamber vacuum packers

Posted By: wws

Chamber vacuum packers - 03/25/24 03:08 AM

Seen this topic on here before, anyone have the Vevor brand chamber vacuum packer? I see they are down to $330.00, seems pretty cheap compared to other brands. How long have you had one ? How much do you use it ? How’s it holding up? Would be my questions I guess. I’m thinking for home use not commercial. Thanks for any reviews

wws
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Chamber vacuum packers - 03/25/24 02:51 PM

I'm not familiar with that brand, but I sure am not impressed with Food Savers. I think I've gone through 5 of them so far. They don't stand up to a lot of use. There's got to be some better brands out there.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Chamber vacuum packers - 03/25/24 02:57 PM

Foodsavers aren't chamber vacs.

OP I can not comment on the Vevor brand, I have a vacmaster. It's an awesome machine, only comment I could make towards the ones you are looking at is I"d recommend getting as big of one as you can afford. I wish I would have went one size up.

Re: Chamber vacuum packers - 03/25/24 03:34 PM

Steven 49er, what size do you use? I’m looking at two, the larger has a 12 “ seal bar. The chamber is 14”x13.4”x2.76” it’s about a third the cost of the brand you have. They have all great reviews so I’m sure they pick thru them. YouTube has reviews and they all seem good but none are after owning for several years. They have been around long enough.

wws

Re: Chamber vacuum packers - 03/25/24 03:43 PM

Mine has a nine inch seal bar. I should have got one the size you are looking at.

Probably I'll give mine to my daughter and get a bigger one someday.
Posted By: 70sdiver

Re: Chamber vacuum packers - 03/25/24 03:45 PM

I have the 260a model for about 6 months.It's the one with the red face plate. It's worked very well for us.I have packaged around 500 pounds of meat thru it and probably 50 lbs of vegetables , we don't lose any left over food anymore! The shipping was fast and free plus no sales tax, it came with enough oil to fill it and so far hasn't used any other oil.I went thru about 4 different foodsaver type sealers and this chamber vac blows them all away and the bags are cheaper also.I bought bags on webstaurant by the thousand lot.My brother has there number 32 head grinder and he says it's a really good grinder except the pan is to small , he is a meat cutter by trade for 50 years so I trust it's good also.I would have got the bigger model if it was available when I ordered but this model I have works for me.The biggest size I can get in mine would be a 1/2 a pork butt , the size your looking at you would have a taller center so you could probably do a whole pork but or 8-9 lb roast.

Re: Chamber vacuum packers - 03/25/24 04:40 PM

Ok great, guess I should make the dive. I drew a spring bear tag so wanting to make a bunch of kielbasa sausage, snack sticks and summer sausage. I’m sure I’ll find many other uses for it too. Just me and the wife so would be nice to buy in bulk and repackage, seems all the sales are in bulk. Thanks

Western Wildlife Services
Posted By: 70sdiver

Re: Chamber vacuum packers - 03/25/24 05:14 PM

We always buy bulk, it works great on fried rice , we make a big batch and divide it for 3 meals and freeze abd then just throw it in a pan of boiling water to reheat.we started feeding our bull dog raw food we make as he had a lot of skin problems eventually after seeing how healthy he became we put our 2 standard poodles on a raw diet,we chamber seal 90 lbs a month now.
Posted By: Dana I

Re: Chamber vacuum packers - 03/25/24 06:33 PM

I also have a Vacmaster, I highly recommend them. Mine is a VP230 it has a 12.5 inch seal bar. I have had it for about 5 years and have packaged probably about 60 hogs, 10 beef, 30 deer, and probably 100 chickens. Plus a variety of other things that need packing. Have never had one hiccup. Thousands of packages. It has paid for itself just in the difference in the cost of the bags.
Posted By: Yellowbelly

Re: Chamber vacuum packers - 03/25/24 09:56 PM

Vac master here as well I have no complaints
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Chamber vacuum packers - 03/25/24 10:03 PM

Ditto, think I have the same size as 49er and wish I had a tad larger as was mentioned! I know, first world problems right?! You won’t regret the purchase! Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Chamber vacuum packers - 03/25/24 10:11 PM

For sure Scott.

I love a chamber vac, never go back to a pump system.

I'll make a large kettle of soup and freeze left over portions in bags. When I want to reheat it, throw the whole back in hot/boiling water. I do strawberries, blueberries and other fruit without crushing them. I do freezer corn or anything wet one can imagine with not mess or bags that don't seal. We fish? Piece of cake and using bags that are much cheaper than foodsaver type bags/

You won't regret it WWS.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums