Home

Lion attack, Cali

Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 12:25 PM

Sad story, the comments are absolutely infuriating. Prayers to the family.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/1-killed-1-injured-mountain-040203487.html
Posted By: Guss

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 12:34 PM

There's no common sense in that Stare anymore.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 12:39 PM

Yes, a very sad story. The outcome for the Lion would have been different.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 12:43 PM

They voted for it now they can live with it

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

The 21 year old killed and northern Cali as a whole didn't vote for it. Its time to accept the fact that direct democracy and voter referendums are a pretty terrible idea in general instead of acting like those who have rights stripped by the majority deserved it.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 01:36 PM

Shots were fired to scare off the aminal. After he had killed a man.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 01:49 PM

13 attacks in 20 years is not rare.

IMO, 13 is 12 too many before you declare open season on them.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 01:57 PM

1,000 times more likely to get hit by lightning.

Sure- ok...

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
13 attacks in 20 years is not rare.

IMO, 13 is 12 too many before you declare open season on them.

They kill as many now as when they had a season, only difference is its now state contractors getting paid to do it instead of hunters paying to do it. Running them with dogs puts a healthy fear into them and allows removal of Tom's while protecting the stock as a whole.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Originally Posted by danny clifton

The 21 year old killed and northern Cali as a whole didn't vote for it. Its time to accept the fact that direct democracy and voter referendums are a pretty terrible idea in general instead of acting like those who have rights stripped by the majority deserved it.

How do you know if or how they voted.

330 it may not be common for you but you would feel differently if you were taking those grand kids hunting in the same area or lived there and they were playing outside.

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Shots were fired to scare off the aminal. After he had killed a man.

That was very inconsiderate and inhumane. That should have let it finish it's meal. Infact since it would eat cover the rest and com back later that should have just left the body and told the family to bad.

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

How do you know if or how they voted.

330 it may not be common for you but you would feel differently if you were taking those grand kids hunting in the same area or lived there and they were playing outside.

Lion hunting has been banned since before their birth so I'm fairly certain they didn't vote for banning it.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
1,000 times more likely to get hit by lightning.

Sure- ok...

The statistics the animal right nuts give in this case and others are worthless. You.can't kill lightning to protect your family and others. Lightning kills quicker than a mountain lion. You can't educate lightning to stay away from people. You can't make a pretty rug out of or eat lightning. Lightning doesn't taste like yummy pork.

Keith
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 04:34 PM

Shots fired to scare It away ? Idiots
Posted By: TC1

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 04:49 PM

Hopefully they didn’t use those scary black guns or have a magazine with more than 8 rounds….. clowns
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 05:22 PM

Some comments about this are just stupid. So you are saying in states that allow hunting there are no attacks? States that allow bear hunting have no attacks or deaths. Face it if a human goes into an ANIMALS HOME confrontations will occur. How many people die from snake bite each year? BUT most states still protect venomous snakes. YES californication is weird!! But that law is not the cause of death for the young man.

Several years back guy here got killed by the neighbors bull. Cause of death? Guy walked across the field where the BULL LIVED..

As for shooting to scare it off. SO if they had tried to shoot it and hit the kid accidently then what would be the headline? You don't know if they fired a hand gun or a rifle. Plus how far away they where when scaring it off....
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 05:41 PM

Several years back guy here got killed by the neighbors bull. Cause of death? Guy walked across the field where the BULL LIVED..

That's plain ignorance , anyone that lives in farm country knows not to get in a field/pasture with a bull.
Learned as a kid the most dangerous bull was a friendly bull.
You tend to get used to them being in close proximity , and they don't know their own strength, and want to play.
One butt to the body is enough to kill.

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 05:41 PM

I had a Coyote that was brazen, he would come within 10 feet of the house at 8:30 in the morning, when I got rid of that Coyote a new pair moved in on his territory, I see their tracks, hear them howl but I never see them. Shooting the bold and easy animals is exactly what prevents attacks, maybe not all of them but when you see videos of Lions looking in someones window at their dog in Cali, you don't think that will lead to an increase likely hood of an attack?

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Some comments about this are just stupid. So you are saying in states that allow hunting there are no attacks? States that allow bear hunting have no attacks or deaths. Face it if a human goes into an ANIMALS HOME confrontations will occur. How many people die from snake bite each year? BUT most states still protect venomous snakes. YES californication is weird!! But that law is not the cause of death for the young man.

As for shooting to scare it off. SO if they had tried to shoot it and hit the kid accidently then what would be the headline? You don't know if they fired a hand gun or a rifle. Plus how far away they where when scaring it off....

Some comments about this are just stupid.

That's my opinion of your opinion.

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 06:13 PM

There are a lot of criminals and a lot of victims of crime. There are less victims of violent crime because there's less violent crime. There is more violent crime in areas where the criminals are protected and a non-criminals are prosecuted for the center themselves. They make it safe for the criminals to attack.

When the criminals are reduced by jail or death ( armed citizens) and they know the risk to them in increased there are less violent criminals and fewer willing to take the risk to themselves of those that remain. It also reduced the taught behavior to the young. Anyone disagree?

Now replace criminals with cat, wolf, ECT...
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 06:56 PM

Why aren’t the hunters and trappers in California taking care of business? You can have all the guns you want, but afraid to use them.
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 07:19 PM

For the general protection of society KNOWN PREDATORY ANIMALS NEED TO BE HUNTED DOWN and dispatched.
Fear of humans is generally an inheritable genetic trait but can also be learned. When predatory animals are not hunted, predators that are not genetically fearful of humans, or have not learned to be fearful of humans, do well on the abundance of food close to people and produce more non-fearful predators that may pose a serious threat to people, their pets and livestock. Thus, these predatory animals need to be hunted for human safety.
Predators are controlled by disease, starvation and other predators of which man is the superior one. Thus, the hunting and trapping of predators is necessary to maintain a balance for the general benefit of the human population.

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Why aren’t the hunters and trappers in California taking care of business? You can have all the guns you want, but afraid to use them.

A lot of these cats are in town, I'm sure some of them get whacked by Air Rifles, etc but in general you're not going into the woods and finding a lion on a whim. Guess it's better than BC at any rate where you can't have any gun you want and also can't kill Grizzly.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 07:59 PM

There should be charges of gross negligence to whoever shot "warning shots" to scare off that lion unless there was a fear of accidentally shooting the victim.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 08:06 PM

The statics I have seen are in the last 100 years there has been 126 lion attacks in the US and 13 deaths. If comparing them to bear there is almost 12 bear attacks each year in the US. So, lion attacks are very rare compared to bear attacks by a large volume.

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 08:09 PM

Based on the "protection being the cause " for this attack. Why does BC in Canada have the most ALLTIME mountain lion attacks but you can hunt them there ????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_cougar_attacks_in_North_America

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by snowy
The statics I have seen are in the last 100 years there has been 126 lion attacks in the US and 13 deaths. If comparing them to bear there is almost 12 bear attacks each year in the US. So, lion attacks are very rare compared to bear attacks by a large volume.

If they would just start hunting them nasty bears there would not be any attacks !!! Oh wait they do hunt bears!!! But why are there bear attacks. If California had not closed the Mt lion season they kid would still be alive.

whistle
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 08:28 PM

Probably because there are vastly more bears.

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63

If they would just start hunting them nasty bears there would not be any attacks !!! Oh wait they do hunt bears!!! But why are there bear attacks. If California had not closed the Mt lion season they kid would still be alive.

whistle

If you spray the yard for Mosquitos and still get bit by a Mosquito the spray must not of worked right?
Posted By: snowy

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Yes, that is what I would say also. So, it would be more likely to get attack by a bear than a lion. When I'm in the high-country bear are on my mind more than lion.

There was a post saying it isn't rare so according to statics it is a rare occurrence of another critter that wants to kill us.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

Don't argue. wink

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 09:43 PM

Some of y'all just need a hug. Maybe hug a lion.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 10:06 PM

I may be mistaken , but isn't almost all hunting banned in California?
I know trapping is , think even cage trapping is banned.
Correct me , as I'm not up to date on the liberal laws in that state.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/24/24 10:33 PM

Yes, trapping is totally banned. Also the sales of fur and fur made garments and accessories.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/25/24 12:12 AM

Sad for the brothers , they probably couldn't carry legally in that stupid state to protect themselves from a problem created by libtardness.

The so called authorities should have shot the cougar

Would have been much better had It been a tree hugger

Here in Oregon we have the same problem , overpopulation due to libtard ( from California ) voting practices and removing the most effective means of population control . These same people are the first to call ODFW when they see a cougar too close their house or when fido comes up missing . Of course ODFW forgets where their paychecks come from ( Hunters ) and will rush out and take care of the problem. What a sham .

Voting should have consequences
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/25/24 01:58 PM

When a cat or bear or whatever is killing you I doubt it is in any way comforting to know how rare the event is. I doubt the family finds a whole lot of comfort in it either.
Posted By: crowheart

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/25/24 03:56 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sheepdog1

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/25/24 05:23 PM

when we depart from and abandon our control and dominion over the wild creatures, as God gave us, then this is what happens. they live in our domain. not the other way around. stupid people, playing stupid games shall win stupid prizes.

If you dont believe in God, thats your right. Also, your choice, but please do not jump on the side of, well, we are encroaching upon their habitat. Negative ghost rider. We were given dominion over them.

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/25/24 05:45 PM

When I get that encroaching BS I counter with, so you're willing to surrender what's your's and confine yourself to the city?

Re: Lion attack, Cali - 03/25/24 05:45 PM

No takers yet.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums