Home

yesterday trap check

Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 10:22 AM

cold weather moved back in and very low water is making it hard spring beaver trapping [Linked Image]
Posted By: Klemke

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 10:24 AM

Great job! Now the hard work begins.
Posted By: jalstat

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 10:54 AM

Nice pile
Posted By: BigJoe.

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 11:03 AM

Good catch Roy.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 11:29 AM

Looks like plenty to keep you busy for a while laugh

Nice otter
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 11:57 AM

Very nice
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 12:01 PM

Really nice
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 12:40 PM

Do you use one of Lees fleshing knifes ?
Posted By: newfox1

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 12:43 PM

Nice catch Roy, now the fun begins.
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 12:57 PM

Most trappers understand trapping is hard work or else they don't remain trappers very long But a season worth of hard work including fur put up always gives me a feeling of contentment and the satisfaction oof a job well done Regardless of how much my fur check ended up being the selling of my fur always came with a sense of sadness due to getting rid something that had become a part of me Hard work but a sense of pride that just does not happen very often You know what you are in for and you also know how it is worth measured in a way that is not about dollars and cents Thanks for the pictures
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 01:05 PM

Nice haul. Hope it don't take too long for those 330's to thaw. We don't seem to have that problem down here, Howerver having to deal with Mr. Noshoulders adds it's own degree of difficulty.
Posted By: Boco

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 03:12 PM

Get the knife!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 03:27 PM

Good Job
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 03:27 PM

Nice goin Roy
Posted By: k snow

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 03:31 PM

Great catch. Any details? Length of check? Type of sets?
Posted By: Lance Squires

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 04:41 PM

From w side rd 151Most trappers understand trapping is hard work or else they don't remain trappers very long But a season worth of hard work including fur put up always gives me a feeling of contentment and the satisfaction oof a job well done Regardless of how much my fur check ended up being the selling of my fur always came with a sense of sadness due to getting rid something that had become a part of me Hard work but a sense of pride that just does not happen very often You know what you are in for and you also know how it is worth measured in a way that is not about dollars and cents Thanks for the pictures.

[u][/u]

Very well put. I think most of us lifelong trappers feel the same way.

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 08:20 PM

YES!! w side rd 151, very well said, all were 330 set , all foot holds were frozen up with ice, I have a younger man name Adam, trapping with me this year it is great!!!, we have over 50 set out but they have been frozen up for 3-4 days we like to do a 4-5 day check, Have a lot more places to trap, but water is really low, this trap check we had a bank president and his son with , its great public relations ,

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 08:23 PM

most of the catches were in moving water, channels, and cross overs.

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/22/24 08:25 PM

we used some of Paul lures and some of bob stemizman and some green beaver lures
Posted By: billy

Re: yesterday trap check - 03/24/24 08:38 PM

you are doing good for the conditions roy, and its good you have a partner and sharing the fun... skinnin and grinin.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums