Home

Tyson vs Paul fight

Posted By: danny clifton

Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 02:24 PM

Real or scripted?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 02:26 PM

Definitely not for real. That white boy wouldn't go 30 seconds.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 02:33 PM

Like reality shows, more about the views and $ than reality
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 02:36 PM

Tyson was a great fighter but made bad decisions and surrounded himself with the wrong people. He’d kill this guy in a real fight even at his age
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 02:48 PM

I don't know what they planned ahead of time but when that bell rings whatever was agreed to is out the window and mikes going to kill that boy. Theres no such thing as dancing around the ring with iron mike tyson that wants to be known as the greatest warrior to ever live. He literally wishes he could fight Achilles to see who the better man is.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 03:10 PM

I am wanting to see the beast that Tyson had been. Not sure he can bring that anymore, given his age. It would be something to see if he is able to close in, low, and bring the brutality that he is known for.
Not a fan of Jake Paul. If he were a true up and comer he wouldn’t have chosen to fight the opponents that he has, to date, and picked true top contenders.
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 03:11 PM

Mike Tyson is 57. Jake Paul is 27. If this is a fight and not just an exhibition the only way Tyson could pull this off would be within the first 60 seconds of the fight. At his age he can't keep up with the 27 year old.

And by the way, Mike Tyson is my favorite fighter. I can't stand Jake paul.

But an interesting fact is that Jake Paul's dad is a big outdoorsman. Avid bow hunter.

Ol dad
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 03:29 PM

Will this Jake Paul be wearing protective EAR coverings
or will Iron Mike be able to get a bite to eat during the fight ? laugh

w
Posted By: Boco

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 03:34 PM

Dont know the guy but if he has good boxing skills he wont have a problem with Tyson.
Tyson is a brawler with a hard punch but was beat by boxers with good boxing skills
The age factor is huge.
It will likely be scripted to end in a draw or split decision in order to be able to fleece the public for another go around.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Dont know the guy but if he has good boxing skills he wont have a problem with Tyson.
Tyson is a brawler with a hard punch but was beat by boxers with good boxing skills
The age factor is huge.
It will likely be scripted to end in a draw or split decision in order to be able to fleece the public for another go around.

Maybe Iron Mike will play with a new chew toy.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed

w

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 03:43 PM

Every Jake Paul fight I’ve seen so far was a scripted, exhibition bout. I just watched a boxing match between him and Nate Diaz. Had it been a real fight, Jake Paul would’ve been bleeding and unconscious within the first minute. What really happened, and I’m sure what the script called for, was that Nate Diaz left Jake Paul punch him around for certain number of rounds and Paul won the fight on the judges scorecard.

I have zero doubt that Tyson could destroy Jake Paul if it was going to be an actual boxing event. I also have zero doubt that Jake Paul will win.

Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 04:24 PM

I could never get in Mikes corner after
learning of him beating up
and stealing from little old ladies.
He was something in the ring.
Posted By: 2poor

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 04:28 PM

Jake Paul is strongly favored by Odds makers. You guys stand to make a fortune betting against the kid !
Posted By: Shakeyjake

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 05:51 PM

I'll put $ on Mike. But Paul's boxed some good fighters, like Sylva. Boxed is the key word.
Posted By: Guss

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 06:06 PM

Well it was 18 seconds for Marvis Fraiser let's see if Tyson can do it again. Tyson will make 20 million for the fight.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 06:14 PM

I'm guessing that Tyson knocks him smooth out in a round or 2. If it goes much farther than that, it should favor Paul as the older man will lose his wind and his legs.

That being said- Tyson basically mastered the art of being the under-dog, being shorter, and surviving almost anything an opponent could throw at him while waiting to throw a chin shot from below and in close. At no time would I consider him anything but dangerous.

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 06:21 PM

Only thing these two are fighting for is money and they both know they don't have to win or get hurt to make it
Posted By: Boco

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 06:26 PM

There shouldnt be a participation prize for the loser-winner takes all-thats the only way to see a real fight.
You know,like the Roman Coliseum.

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 06:28 PM

I bet the split from this fight has nothing to do with who wins
And if there is a split based of who wins I bet its so small its basically trivial just to make it possibly have the illusion of a real fight
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 06:42 PM

Interesting note about Tyson. When Tyson was younger he wanted to fight a Gorrilla, he tried to bribe a zoo keeper to let him fight a Gorrilla, the zoo keeper turned down a $10,000 offer and likely saved Tyson from being killed by a Gorilla.
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 06:57 PM

I think it’s scripted

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 08:00 PM

If it's not fake I say Tyson knocks the kid out in the 1st round.
Posted By: TC1

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 08:14 PM

Anyone that thinks that Mike Tyson in his prime was not a “skilled” boxer is just plain wrong. He was a skilled boxer with the power of Frazier, Foreman, Norton, you name em. His downfall is when his guiding light D’amato passed. This opened Mike to the demons that eventually cost him. Had he had D’amato at his side for another 10 years, god only knows what that man would’ve done. D’amato was his father, and Mike would never shame or go against him…. Even with his rapid decline, he must still be near the top as one of the greatest ever to enter the ring.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by bucksnbears

w

[Linked Image]

This is hilarious.

I would like Mike Tyson to clearly win by knockout. I've still got Mike's number in my phone, though I haven't talked to him for years.

Keith
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 08:40 PM

The secret to Tyson's success as a heavyweight was his ridiculous speed and quick reactions. Once he stopped training in any serious way after being sent to prison, he lost that speed and everyone else was able to keep up with him and he was done.
None of that matters now. This upcoming fight may as well be George The Animal Steel against Hulk Hogan.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 09:13 PM

Though I never cared for Tyson and no nothing of the other contender I would not rule out Tyson. Foreman became a heavy weight champ again I think when he was 45 beating Moore. Guys that can punch and older just wait for one good shot and its done. Tyson can punch maybe harder than anyone. Not sure he is smart enough to keep his wits though and understand the age disadvantage.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 09:32 PM

w

He only bites when he's losing.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by danvee
Though I never cared for Tyson and no nothing of the other contender I would not rule out Tyson. Foreman became a heavy weight champ again I think when he was 45 beating Moore. Guys that can punch and older just wait for one good shot and its done. Tyson can punch maybe harder than anyone. Not sure he is smart enough to keep his wits though and understand the age disadvantage.

I don't know Mike Tyson well. I have talked to him a few times, for several hours. He is much smarter than most people give him credit for. His speech impediment and the sort of character he often plays in public, mislead people on how intelligent he is.

I enjoyed talking to him and found him very knowledgeable on the subjects that interest him like pigeons and war history.

A mutual friend of ours, sent Mike many dozens of books, that Mike requested while he was in prison, on a wide variety of topics. Mike's education as a child was poor, but he has greatly improved his knowledge as an adult.

I like Mike.

Keith

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 10:01 PM

Tyson downfall was caused by his wife and Don king.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Tyson vs Paul fight - 03/19/24 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Real or scripted?

Scripted by the same people that bring you "pro" wrestling
© 2024 Trapperman Forums