Home

Pickling time again.

Posted By: Bob Jameson

Pickling time again. - 03/17/24 02:20 PM

Got a few gallon of Pickled Eggs, beats and onions done and a few gallon of Pickled fish started soaking in the first stage.

6 Doz. eggs, some fresh red and Vadalia onions with some good brine.

The fish this year are Trout, Walleye and fresh Tuna. A big thank you to my buddies John for the walleye and tuna and Tim for the Trout.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The pickled fish is about ready to rinse and chill tomorrow. I just have to make the brine and layer in the onions with the fish into the final brine tomorrow. Let them sit for a few more days then its snacking good for a few weeks.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Pickling time again. - 03/17/24 02:37 PM

Looks good but if I eat some of that stuff it better be s mild day because we will need to drive with the windows down. Probably all of them.

Re: Pickling time again. - 03/17/24 02:44 PM

We can sit outside and let nature take it away. Are you saying you may be contributing to the ozone decay?
Posted By: Raghorn67

Re: Pickling time again. - 03/17/24 03:37 PM

Dang, I don't know if I could bring myself to pickle walleye.

But I could pickle some trouts. Great idea, I will have to do that this year
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Pickling time again. - 03/17/24 03:42 PM

Looks great, I love pickled eggs and fish too. I pickled some perch last week. My wife loves the pickled beets out of the eggs I make.
Posted By: cable guy

Re: Pickling time again. - 03/17/24 04:11 PM

I still have a few days to what this is my first try [Linked Image]

Re: Pickling time again. - 03/17/24 04:42 PM

If you get your final pickle brine worked out it will be outstanding in flavor. Kind of like lure and bait making. Some formulas need some work over time to get things suited just right to suit your taste and results.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Pickling time again. - 03/17/24 05:40 PM

We are still trying to master the pickled quail eggs.
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Pickling time again. - 03/24/24 06:32 PM

Excellent tasting batch this time , thanks again Bob for your hospitality and generosity!!!!!

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums