Home

The bass are headed for the beds!

Posted By: Leftlane

The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 01:58 AM

The pasture ponds are prime ppl! My best wouldn't have been much over 3 pounds but they took spinners and soft grub type lures well. Water was stained nice enough to make them aggressive so Susan caught a few too.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 02:03 AM

Looks like a good day to me!
Posted By: la4wd54

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 02:12 AM

Yep, biting here too

[Linked Image]

Posted By: SGT. C

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 02:19 AM

OK. Time to rip some lips. Have access to two private lakes. The St. Croix rods will be given a workout soon. Maybe this week.
Sarge

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 02:21 AM

Nice! Who was the great philosopher who said his worst day fishin was better than his best day workin? He knew what he was talkin about!
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 02:35 AM

Looks like you two had a grand day fishing!

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 03:01 AM

Thanks we had a blast. Even started restocking a smaller pond who lost its dam a few years back. Next trip I might harvest a few 15 inch males. I doubt the cycle of life will miss them much.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 04:13 AM

When we want a fish fry we keep everything under 14”. Or keep enough until we have enough for the fish fry. Our should be bedding on this upcoming full moon.
Here’s a few pics from last week.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 04:17 AM

Nice fish! I'm always surprised by ppl who don't think bass are good enough to eat.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Nice fish! I'm always surprised by ppl who don't think bass are good enough to eat.

Bass are really good grilled over mulberry, after being scaled, gutted, scored and covered with olive oil mixed with Tony Chachere’s.

Keith
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 10:39 AM

nice can't wait, normally around end of May here.
Posted By: run

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 11:03 AM

Great pictures, left lane!
Posted By: Vinke

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 01:41 PM

I like the new look,,,,,, the glasses bring out your feminine side……
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 01:50 PM

Ways off here. Tried some thid week while going around fence. Ponds pretty cloudy here
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 02:08 PM

Looks like a fun relaxing day, congrats.
I like catching those big mouth carp but ya'll can eat them. They rank towards the bottom of my edible fish list.
Posted By: Raghorn67

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 03:44 PM

Nice fish. Perfect eating size. I've been hitting the bass pretty regularly the last 2 weeks in the strip pits.
Been catching the heck out of 13-15 inch fish. Caught an egg heavy 19 inch and a 21 inch last weekend.
I returned them to the water unharmed
Posted By: trapperbless

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 04:17 PM

Went after work Wednesday and Caught around 30 in 2 hours from 10-15”. Tossed em back to save for the kids this summer.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 05:27 PM

This morning, caught 7 or 8 like this one & released em while the wife captured a mess of big bluegill for supper tonight.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jalstat

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 05:35 PM

To early up here but eat them all they are great to eat
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 05:52 PM

Nice fish

i skip the bass and eat the gills
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 06:12 PM

Do y’all not fry anything up north??? Grills are for meat…oil is for fish!! We will take some fillets and cut into chunks and soak in hot sauce, then fry. Or we’ll just batter them and fry like they are. Seasoning comes “spiced” up. Bass, fries, hush puppies, coleslaw, and baked beans can’t be beat. And yeah, coleslaw/baked beans/fries, work with the grilled meat also, lol!

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Do y’all not fry anything up north??? Grills are for meat…oil is for fish!! We will take some fillets and cut into chunks and soak in hot sauce, then fry. Or we’ll just batter them and fry like they are. Seasoning comes “spiced” up. Bass, fries, hush puppies, coleslaw, and baked beans can’t be beat. And yeah, coleslaw/baked beans/fries, work with the grilled meat also, lol!

Yessir!! ^^^ that's how we roll^^^^

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 09:37 PM

I've probably eaten fried fish with 100 different batters and I think I liked them all. A well made starter sauce is a must.

SW I am glad she likes to fish too. Good for you.

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
I've probably eaten fried fish with 100 different batters and I think I liked them all. A well made starter sauce is a must.

SW I am glad she likes to fish too. Good for you.

She'll clean em too...but I cleaned those we caught today. My man card missed getting punched by that baby beaver a few days ago....lol

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 10:33 PM

LOL- I do all the cleaning but she provides a few sections of pasture all needin the waterin holes checked regularly.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: The bass are headed for the beds! - 03/17/24 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be

I like yellow perch, walleye, saugeye, bluegill, crappie, and other small sunfish fried. I like bass grilled. I like catfish both ways. I'm not as fond of white bass, but eat it fried.

Keith
© 2024 Trapperman Forums