Home

Walmart is going to charge for self checkout.

Posted By: run

Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 09:44 AM

$98 per year. I find this hilarious.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 09:51 AM

The few cashiers they have in each store are fixin to really earn their money
Posted By: Bigbuck

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by run
$98 per year. I find this hilarious.

What's your source? I think this is for their War-Mart + program membership offering free shipping. Just like Amazon charges for their prime membership
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 10:10 AM

I doubt this HIGHLY! Makes no sense.

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 10:23 AM

Walmart+ memberships, which cost $98 per year or $12.95 per month, may require access to self-checkout lanes at some Walmart stores. Walmart+ members can use the "Shop and Go" feature to pay for items while shopping, and they also get early access to sales and free deliveries. Walmart+ members can also use the mobile Scan & Go feature to scan items as they shop and pay at the self-checkout.
Posted By: run

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by west river rogue
Walmart+ memberships, which cost $98 per year or $12.95 per month, may require access to self-checkout lanes at some Walmart stores. Walmart+ members can use the "Shop and Go" feature to pay for items while shopping, and they also get early access to sales and free deliveries. Walmart+ members can also use the mobile Scan & Go feature to scan items as they shop and pay at the self-checkout.

Thank you, West River Rouge.

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by run
Originally Posted by west river rogue

Thank you, West River Rouge.

Welcome grin
Posted By: bass10

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 11:35 AM

I was in Home Depot yesterday and went through an actual cashier as I will always do when available and she told me they are eliminating their self checkouts? I can't imagine the amount of
money companies lose through this. Can't imagine how many people "accidentally" miss scanning items?
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 11:41 AM

Never understood the logic of self checkout. There would have to be a loss factor figured in.
I do sorta like them at restaurants, I have no one to blame if my order is wrong. Even went to one with “cash” machines. Most I’ve seen were credit/debit only.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by bass10
I was in Home Depot yesterday and went through an actual cashier as I will always do when available and she told me they are eliminating their self checkouts? I can't imagine the amount of
money companies lose through this. Can't imagine how many people "accidentally" miss scanning items?

Wouldn't that be caught by the security scanner thing at the door?
Posted By: jk

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 12:16 PM

I have not been in a walmart in a few years......jk
Posted By: bowhunter27295

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1

Probably but once the thief is in the parking lot, they are free and will not be tackled and bulldogged like the scum they are.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 12:56 PM

I don't go there ... I don't like that ornery old guy at the self check out
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1

Not if they are scanning a pile of lumber on the cart and skip a few boards

But I get agervated when I get out to that car at the grocery and see a case or two of drinks that didn't get scanned. Then it's a trip back inside to customer service and pay for them. It's a sad world we live in with stealing and heck just littering. The amount of litter along the roads in my area is very high.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by jk

you don't get extra credit points
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 01:40 PM

Stores can always block off self checkouts, its up to the store manager. If youre walmart is one that locks up everything, they are probably blocking the checkouts. If you have walmart+ you can scan whatever your buying and pay for it from your phone without going through the checkouts
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 03:15 PM

Part of all this "self-check out" is to help create a cashless society. Remember that, it's not just convenience. In time they will all go to credit/debit only
As far as any "+" plans they should be free anyway in my opinion
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
I don't go there ... I don't like that ornery old guy at the self check out

The mean one or the grumpy one?
Sarge
Posted By: Kre

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 04:00 PM

When I need garbage from Walmart, I order it online and they deliver it for free.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Kre
When I need garbage from Walmart, I order it online and they deliver it for free.

Order groceries online ,pay with the card, and pick up order, they load it in the car/truck.

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by patrapperbuster
Part of all this "self-check out" is to help create a cashless society. Remember that, it's not just convenience. In time they will all go to credit/debit only
As far as any "+" plans they should be free anyway in my opinion

Some what true.
Cashless society is the goal, total control over everything you have or ever will have.
Posted By: canebrake

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 05:48 PM

Not sure I believe this. Self checkouts eliminate the need to pay cashiers. And nobody can find decent help as it is.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 05:58 PM

Love the self check outs. I don't have to watch if Fatima is charging me twice for some items (This happens more than people think). I've not been to a store where you don't have the option, however. To each their own.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 06:59 PM

iF YOU'RE GONNA DO THE WORK, YOU WANT THAT EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT!
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine
Originally Posted by Kre

Order groceries online ,pay with the card, and pick up order, they load it in the car/truck.

Not just groceries either. I order anything I have to buy there and pick it up or have it shipped free if it's not in stock. I can count on one hand the number of times I've actally entered the store in years.
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 07:40 PM

How they going too collect the 98 , if I was told this I’d upend them cart on the floor and walk out, I have my doubts on this information
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine
Originally Posted by Kre

No quality control that way. I'm pretty particular when I pick out my produce. I don't want bruised fruit either. And when you pick out meat maybe they'll just toss in the gristlely one instead of the well marbled one. No thanks I'll do my own shopping
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 07:59 PM

TD - I don't order that stuff at WalMart. We have a couple local grocery stores and lockers that have way better meat and produce than WalMart.

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 08:00 PM

That's true , and sometimes it's taking a chance.
But if you can be specific, like thick pork chops or thick steak , it works better.
Most pickers are young and think a two pound steak is awesome , while being in my 70's , can only go about 1/4 of that.
So it's portion time, putting 3 packs repacked in the freezer.
Vegetables , lol they pick the smallest bunch of broccoli they can find.

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 08:48 PM

I could see the 98 bucks for the people who order and pick it up in the parking lot it is expense on the company but then again we should get a 5 % discount for self check out
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by jk

AND IM VEGAN!!!!!!!!

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/15/24 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by jalstat
I could see the 98 bucks for the people who order and pick it up in the parking lot it is expense on the company but then again we should get a 5 % discount for self check out

AH you have a point there, which reminds me. the credit card gives you 5% credit for every purchase @ Walmart , weather you have it shipped or pick it up. Not sure about COSTCO , not a member of it.
Posted By: Lufkin Trapper

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/16/24 05:09 AM

How they going too collect the 98 , if I was told this I’d upend them cart on the floor and walk out, I have my doubts on this information

You are definitely a tough hombre on the computer. How many times have you actually done this?
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/16/24 05:12 AM

So for $100 a year , no awkward small talk, being able to bag my stuff exactly how I want , no lines, most of the time and I can buy a flat screen for the price of a mango ?....nice
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/16/24 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lufkin Trapper

You are definitely a tough hombre on the computer. How many times have you actually done this?

I have never upended a cart, but I have started a group of people leaving full carts in the mile long line to 2 open checkouts before. Employees all over the place and 2 lines open with nobody moving. I had enough and said "To heck with this nonsense." confused
And I left a full cart right there and walked out. Other people seemed to agree and began to follow me out the door.
Posted By: wytex

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/16/24 03:44 PM

Some of you musty live in miserable places.
Our Walmart is clean, organized and has friendly and competent folks working there- well other than the lazy college kids.
They have folks over looking the self check out too.
Most checkers are folks we see around town and get to know by name.

Re: Walmart is going to charge for self checkout. - 03/16/24 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lufkin Trapper

Never at Walmart once in local ace hardware
© 2024 Trapperman Forums