Home

Ramp day

Posted By: matt

Ramp day - 03/13/24 10:59 PM

Boy is home on break this week. Wanted to go digging and get some to take back with him. Hit it for a couple hours and got way more than we needed. Cleaned them and got ready to put up. These are just the size I like them to be. Goes good with a mess of fried potatoes, couple eggs and some bacon.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
More than enough to last the summer and winter. Had enough to give about everyone who wanted some.
Posted By: Lufkin Trapper

Re: Ramp day - 03/13/24 11:07 PM

You take the tops off?

Re: Ramp day - 03/13/24 11:31 PM

No, not when they are this size. Just wash in the creek. Get most of the dirt off, cut the root off the end of the bulb. Rinse again and fix them to suit you.
Posted By: JoMiBru

Re: Ramp day - 03/14/24 12:57 AM

I miss those ramps. Spent 4 years in Morgantown. Nothing like fresh caught trout and fresh dug ramps.

WV has a lot to offer, and some of the nicest folk I ever met.

Looks good Matt
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Ramp day - 03/14/24 08:14 AM

Nice load of ramp ya got there. Looks like it took two pizzas to get them washed and packaged lol.
You got some long roots on yours. Mine have shorter roots up here. Can't wait for them to start popping up. My wife will make a ham, potato and leek soup when I bring the first batch home
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Ramp day - 03/14/24 09:14 AM

looks great ,won't have any up here for a while.
Posted By: DugK

Re: Ramp day - 03/14/24 10:20 AM

My patch is just busting through the ground.
I was hoping to bring some down to my son in NC but that may have to wait until Easter. I looked for Catheryn yesterday selling them but they weren't there.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Ramp day - 03/14/24 01:29 PM

Fiddleheads scream of spring up here

Re: Ramp day - 03/14/24 10:54 PM

Found 2 small mushrooms today. This is as early that I have found them. But it’s getting close, spring is just around the corner. Going to take a few of those ramps and put in the dehydrator, dry them out good. Crush them up and see what kind of seasoning they will make. Will be like garlic or onion powder.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums