Home

Being an angry person

Posted By: PAskinner

Being an angry person - 03/13/24 05:47 PM

Why is anger a source of pride with so many people? You can even buy t shirts on the internet stating what an angry you are. What is up with that? Why would anyone want to live that way? Just a little advice if that's you: Anger is just a slow form of suicide. Most stress is based on anger and fear. There's a lot of good reasons that scripture tells us to be peace makers and to fear not.
And stress kills.
Peace, brothers and sisters.
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 05:56 PM

I work with a few guys that are mad all the time. I cant even talk to them. They never smile or joke around.

Life must me (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) to act that way all day everyday.

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by 1lessdog
I work with a few guys that are mad all the time. I cant even talk to them. They never smile or joke around.

Life must me (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) to act that way all day everyday.

Yep. And even if a person is going through hades, it is still possible to find something good. Life is mostly about perspective and we choose that, it doesn't just happen.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 07:01 PM

Its a manifestation of insecurity.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

I think so. It's a self-defense mechanism some use to avoid making themselves vulnerable.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 07:20 PM

It only makes sense to think positive & enjoy life.

Negativity breeds bad things
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 07:25 PM

Power and control move for some the fact that folks don’t want to talk to these guys proves that point they have the power. What’s the first thing when some person goes off that the rest of the room will do?

They shut up and give the guy room and only the angry guy controls the room then unless somebody intervenes. Many ignore (pretend to) some leave the area some are too scared to move from fear some think about calling 911. Others get ready to step up if needed each personality gets to it basic mode of dealing with a threat.

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 07:29 PM

Yes. Most anger is just fear trying to look strong.
Posted By: newfox1

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 08:01 PM

PA. Im with ya, I’m just happy I woke up, I get out of bed singing. I agree life is what you make it.

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 08:12 PM

I always like this meme its all about what you make it in life. I admit I see people with depression and I just don't understand how they let that impacts their daily lives, but it does and I just can't get a grip on why they would do that. I've seen people that I thought they had more than others that felt like they had nothing, but they thought differently then I did.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 08:21 PM

All those freaks at the pride parades walk around smiling, waving flags, handing out stickers, and seem happy. I’d stay the heck away from them.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
All those freaks at the pride parades walk around smiling, waving flags, handing out stickers, and seem happy. I’d stay the heck away from them.

Same here
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 08:32 PM

I was mad today.

30 out of 40 traps I had set at the park on Tuesday were sprung. At least they only sprung them. But I did catch 5 rats. I was still mad when I re set not sure If It's going to happen again. Oh well I can be mad again tomorrow. LOL
Posted By: WhiteCliffs

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 08:32 PM

I have a business partner who is an angry person. It all started during a period of time he just couldnt get his life together. He started MMA training, claiming he was doing it to increase mental strength. He has mistaken mental strength for verbal abuse. He cant control is mouth and knows it. Ruined our forty year friendship.

As a game warden acquaintance of mine once told me - “I have been discussed out of a lot of tickets, I have never been cussed out of a ticket”
Posted By: corky

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 08:41 PM

Under today's circumstances if you are not angry then you are uninformed.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by patrapperbuster
It only makes sense to think positive & enjoy life.

Negativity breeds bad things

Also physical illnesses.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 09:05 PM

Can you be angry and happy at the same time?

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 09:09 PM

Bought an over the counter Turkey tag in WY a few years ago the clerk just moved back from Cali. He said people there are crazy all the do is yell at each other if you don’t agree withe them 100%.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 10:05 PM

Once one realizes how little any one of us or even we as a species really matter in the big picture of things. Its hard to be serious let along angry about things. Our planet is just a grain of sand on the big beach that is this universe. Most all of us thing that we matter a lot more than we actually do. For myself, I don't like myself when I am angry. So I try to keep it to a minimum.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 11:20 PM

It's okay to get angry at times, and it doesn't mean your insecure, or that you even fear what makes you angry...

The last presidential election was stolen and I'm darn sure angry about it...Doesn't mean I'm insecure or fear who stole it...Quite to the contrary. I have no fear of them, and we'll work out who is truly insecure in the future.

Re: Being an angry person - 03/13/24 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
I was mad today.

30 out of 40 traps I had set at the park on Tuesday were sprung. At least they only sprung them. But I did catch 5 rats. I was still mad when I re set not sure If It's going to happen again. Oh well I can be mad again tomorrow. LOL

Id be mad too beave losing $4g.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 01:12 AM

I start out happy each day but it never takes long for some idiot to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) me off.

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
It's okay to get angry at times, and it doesn't mean your insecure, or that you even fear what makes you angry...

The last presidential election was stolen and I'm darn sure angry about it...Doesn't mean I'm insecure or fear who stole it...Quite to the contrary. I have no fear of them, and we'll work out who is truly insecure in the future.

I think it’s what you do with the anger that makes the difference. Being angry motivates me, always has.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 01:32 AM

I might be considered an angry person. But I am a very helpful person. I get angry quick when I deal with people at work that are supervisors that keep coming down on me for not doing my job fast enough or good enough. But never have done my job or even witnessed me doing my job. So I hand them my wrench and tell them to do it and the wrench gets set down and they walk away. Maybe its time for a new job.....

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 01:38 AM

An angry person would coldcock him with the wrench.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 01:51 AM

I used to be an angry fella.
Then I quit watching the " news".
smile
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 01:59 AM

grin

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by corky
Under today's circumstances if you are not angry then you are uninformed.

It's one thing to be disgusted at injustice and the lies of the media, it's another to dwell on the bad and let it take over your life.

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
I start out happy each day but it never takes long for some idiot to (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) me off.

See that's the problem. No one else actually has the power to ruin your day. You can decide to just get mad for a moment when someone cuts you off or whatever and then let it go.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 02:05 AM

Excellent thread. Thanks for the positivity.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 02:49 AM

People who are insecure talk badly about successful people to make themselves feel better.
If you let another person make you angry, they have beat you

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 03:59 AM

One of my favorite shows-Anger management with Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson.LOL
Posted By: foxhunter52

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 05:03 AM

Worked with a guy for 25 years. Not a bad guy, but each time you spoke to him, and I'm dead serious, the first thing that came out of his mouth was. "You know what really pizzes me off" Sure as the sun rises, that's the way he started every conversation. Funny thing is, he usually had a legitimate beef.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 05:13 AM

There is a difference between anger and no self control.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 06:10 AM

I’m good until someone peees in my Cheerios…..
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 10:44 AM

I'm afraid that once the sun goes down on our wrath then we have married her and the honeymoon is miserable. Too bad we can't be like the chickens and when we go to roost during an eclipse its only for a short season and then its a brand new day !
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 11:03 AM

What sets you off? I don't get angry driving really... at all... until someone does something stupid and then acts like I'm the one that is in the wrong and proceeds to road rage me b/c they were an idiot. Golly that get me going.

i.e. i was pulling into a gas station one day in my 3/4 ton and some BMW leaves the pump and must have hit 50mph to get to the exit of the station to pull out and almost hit me as I was pulling in. Then he looks up at me and starts waiving his arms and cussing me b/c I'm in his way. That guy got an ear full and anyone at the gas station got a pretty good show.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by OhioBoy
What sets you off? I don't get angry driving really... at all... until someone does something stupid and then acts like I'm the one that is in the wrong and proceeds to road rage me b/c they were an idiot. Golly that get me going.

i.e. i was pulling into a gas station one day in my 3/4 ton and some BMW leaves the pump and must have hit 50mph to get to the exit of the station to pull out and almost hit me as I was pulling in. Then he looks up at me and starts waiving his arms and cussing me b/c I'm in his way. That guy got an ear full and anyone at the gas station got a pretty good show.

Try having had someone screw up and kill your son as a result of said screw up. Then see how you react when you see stupid on the road. There have been some not very pretty times in my past. Nothing like sitting in a cort room after changing the shape of a guys face that ran youoff the road then took a swing at you to get you to slow down on your reactions after that. I figured I wouldn't get lucky and everything get dropped a 2nd time.
Posted By: bowhunter27295

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 12:14 PM

Usually angry people are negative people. When dealing with people of this sort I point out the simple positives.

One of my favorite ways is to ask them, "Isn't it great to live in a country with air conditioning, hot water, sewage disposal, and food everywhere you go?"

If everyone had two choices out of high school this nation would be much more patriotic. Two years in the military or six months in a third world country. I think the six months would be more effective. First choice of country would be Haiti. I worked with a guy from Haiti and suggested this to him. He laughed and said it would only take one month in Haiti. He was the most relaxed and down to earth guy I have met in a long time. Nothing bothered him.

Anger is concentrated frustration about something that, when looked back on, is usually embarrassing. I speak while pointing at myself.
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 12:26 PM

I have a female friend who is mad at the world all the time successful yes but relationships never and it’s always been her fault for the downhill slides in relationships. She’s a control and clean freak that’s the problem I always told her but it’s a terrible way to go through life
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by jalstat
I have a female friend who is mad at the world all the time successful yes but relationships never and it’s always been her fault for the downhill slides in relationships. She’s a control and clean freak that’s the problem I always told her but it’s a terrible way to go through life

Does she have red hair and look good in a little denim skirt? She sounds like 1 or 2 Ive dated.
Posted By: spjones

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 02:10 PM

It’s been proven angry people emit distinct pheromones

Angry trappers catch less critters

Angry fishermen catch less fish

Angry hunters harvest less game

Angry people live shorter lives

Angry people are no fun

Avoid angry people!!!!!

Avoid anger!!!!!!!
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
When dealing with people of this sort I point out the simple positives.

One of my favorite ways is to ask them, "Isn't it great to live in a country with air conditioning, hot water, sewage disposal, and food everywhere you go?"

I bet they straighten right up when you say that. lol

I do similar when someone chews me for trapping in certain places in the ROW. Totally legal here, but they still get ticked. I keep calm and talk in a super sickeningly, friendly manner while explaining they are SOL. Nothing makes them madder. LOL
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Originally Posted by jalstat

Does she have red hair and look good in a little denim skirt? She sounds like 1 or 2 Ive dated.

Blonde and no skirts just stupid workout clothes lol
Posted By: Posco

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 06:09 PM

There's always someone out there trying to wipe the smile off your face. Refuse to be manipulated by them.
[Linked Image]

Re: Being an angry person - 03/14/24 06:22 PM

I confess I got a bit mad today when I found out a chicken had crapped in my shoe. Can't keep the dumb birds out of my shop. But it's pretty funny too.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Being an angry person - 03/15/24 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

I think it’s what you do with the anger that makes the difference. Being angry motivates me, always has.

Yep.
I got angry as all get out the other day at work. It had to do with required training not getting done which is critical for my new coworkers to do their job. A lot of balls were dropped by management, so I made a few phone calls and plainly made my case and dropped some vulgar sentence enhancers in the mix, but made sure that this was not directed at the manager specifically, but something needed to get done ASAP before we start losing employees due the lack of getting this training done.
Guess what? the training got scheduled for next week.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Being an angry person - 03/15/24 09:01 AM

Re: Being an angry person - 03/15/24 10:17 AM

Never made it past the whole synth thing. lol
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Being an angry person - 03/15/24 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by PAskinner

Yes. Most anger is just fear trying to look strong.

not necessarily.

I spent most of my 30's being angry, and not really knowing why.

later, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea, and started using a CPAP machine. My wife says that made me a lot easier to live with.

About the same time, I turned back to God.
Posted By: Mando

Re: Being an angry person - 03/15/24 12:09 PM

Bruce Banner turned green when he got angry.

Re: Being an angry person - 03/15/24 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
When dealing with people of this sort I point out the simple positives.

I bet they straighten right up when you say that. lol

I do similar when someone chews me for trapping in certain places in the ROW. Totally legal here, but they still get ticked. I keep calm and talk in a super sickeningly, friendly manner while explaining they are SOL. Nothing makes them madder. LOL

They usually slump down in shame and agree with shame.

I do the same as you anywhere I trap. I look at them and try to give them the "doesn't everyone know this" look.

I love people.

crazy

Re: Being an angry person - 03/15/24 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mando
Bruce Banner turned green when he got angry.

I usually turn purple.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums