Home

Caitlin Clark

Posted By: Trapper7

Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 12:55 AM

Watched most of the game today between Iowa and Nebraska. That lady is amazing! She makes shots from 3 point range like she was shooting a lay up. She is going to be a rich lady. Good for her!
Posted By: fieldsy

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 12:59 AM

I seldom watch woman's basketball, but havent missed an Iowa game since the beginning of the year. She sure makes it look easy...
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 01:36 AM

She is 1 of the best that's ever bounced a ball.
Posted By: aknome

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 01:38 AM

She's going to take a pay cut going pro.
Posted By: Btoutdoors

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 02:17 AM

I have a 14 year old daughter that plays for our little school in Texas. We watched some youtube of Caitlin, she is amazing!
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by aknome

She'll more than make up for it in endorsement deals.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 02:26 AM

Maybe she will take a pay cut, maybe she won't but her moving to the WNBA may raise all boats there and that is a testimony of her impact potential. Her circle of influence at this time is vary large. She is one heckova ball player to boot.

Bryce
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 03:01 AM

She had a lot of help winning that game. There are a lot of amazing young ladies on that team.
Posted By: ou812

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 03:15 AM

Gabby Marshall saved the game today with that blocked shot. The whole team is a class act.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 03:52 AM

Yes and the haters say pistol Pete only played 3 years and didn’t have the 3 point line. Yes but he averaged 38 shots and 14 free throws per game. (Ball hog). Catlin is averaging 16 shots per game
Posted By: marathonman

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Yes and the haters say pistol Pete only played 3 years and didn’t have the 3 point line. Yes but he averaged 38 shots and 14 free throws per game. (Ball hog). Catlin is averaging 16 shots per game

That is an amazing stat for Caitlyn!!
Posted By: kinley31

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 10:38 AM

She is the NCAA all time leading scorer and fourth all time in assists for women. LeBron James is the NBA all time leading scorer and fourth all time in assists. I see a parallel. She has made the girls around her much better because of how she shares the ball, and she'll do the same in the WNBA. When you're on the floor with her, you better have your head on a swivel.
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 10:42 AM

She is a great player, but she has averaged way more than 16 shots per game. (36 this year and 30 for her career)

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by 8117 Steve R

She is a great player, but she has averaged way more than 16 shots per game. (36 this year and 30 for her career)

Don’t know where you got your stats yes I was wrong. Typo but her career average is 19 shots per game HALF what Pete shot. So based on shots per season he set his record in six seasons. By shot comparison.
[Linked Image]

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 11:29 AM

You want to see something amazing is Google her first made 3 and look how many people are in the stands. Then look how many are there no matter where they play. No kidding there are more people on the 2 benches than in the stands

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 11:34 AM

https://herhoopstats.com/stats/ncaa/player/caitlin-clark-stats-11eb2f34-a838-c400-aa81-12df17ae4e1e/

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 11:36 AM

What do you mean added in ? She only took on average of 7 free throws per game Once again half of Pete’s
The second link shows EVERYTHING. How many assists did Pete have LOL LOL LOL? Don’t get many assist when your only one shooting. If you think she’s shooting 36 shots per game you are not watching her games. Do the math. Take her field goal percentage and plug in 36 shots per game. Girl would be averaging 60 per game if you add in free throws!!!

Your numbers don’t work out
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 11:40 AM

Best part she's coming to Indiana
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 11:41 AM

My bad, you are correct. I was adding the 3 point attempts in with the total shots. She only averaged 19.9 attempts per game.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

That is her pay !!!! University of Iowa is just giving her free classes......
Posted By: Joe1

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 01:37 PM

this team has put a new meaning to girles basketball there smiles and good attitudes is a big plus for the sport they work great together
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 01:40 PM

She's already making 6 figures just on NIT !
Last I checked , right around $800,000.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 01:45 PM

She's a big part of the team , but as said the whole team is very talented .
She couldn't hit a basket in the first half, and the team carried the game.
She had most of her assists in the first half.
Both those teams are very good!
Posted By: LDW

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 02:26 PM

Very proud of our Huskers. Gave the Hawkeyes everything they wanted. Few people outside of Nebraska gave them a chance, but took the fight right to them. Was a great game and would.like to congratulate Iowa. Both teams will make some noise in the tournament.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 02:33 PM

Amazing natural 3 point shooter. Sloppy ball handler from what Ive seen. Maybe I only turn their games on during her turnovers. I think shes nuts to not stay for her 5th year of eligibility. It’s the wnba. People arent gonna pay attention to it.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 02:37 PM

You want to see something amazing is Google her first made 3 and look how many people are in the stands. Then look how many are there no matter where they play. No kidding there are more people on the 2 benches than in the stands

That was during the CIVID scam season , mostly cardboard cut outs in the stands.
That's the reason she could play college ball one more year, if she wanted to.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by DWC
Amazing natural 3 point shooter. Sloppy ball handler from what Ive seen. Maybe I only turn their games on during her turnovers. I think shes nuts to not stay for her 5th year of eligibility. It’s the wnba. People arent gonna pay attention to it.

Her room mate is gone after this year plus her record would have an asterisk by it for 5 seasons. Plus now is time to get paid. She’s a hot topic.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/11/24 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

She's already doing some commercials and endorsements will come next.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by DWC

You need to watch the whole games Hoss. She handles the ball very well. She goes behind the back and between the legs with exact purpose, without being a showboat about it. She makes her entire game look effortless. That is why some do not recognize her greatness.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 12:40 AM

I think if you weren’t looking when she threw the ball I think it’d take your head off.
Posted By: fieldsy

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 01:15 AM

Im betting the WNBA was hoping she'd come and not stay at Iowa another year. The fan base that follows her will definitely increase the WNBA $$$...
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 01:34 AM

Not for Nuthin', but that chick looks like a dude !!! laugh

Might be a straight chooter but that woman is butt ugly !!! shocked

w

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by walleyed

w

LOL She isn't a dude, and looks like most women without makeup!
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 02:11 AM

w

Whats wrong in your head that made you think this was an appropriate thing to say? Why would it need said at all? I can’t imagine going through life with so little charactor that I felt the need to make fun of how someone looks.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 02:38 AM

It's basketball, not Miss America contest. And I've seen alot worse.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 04:36 AM

w

That's just wrong.
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 10:24 AM

What an idiotic comment by walleyed. She has a boyfriend so she's straight. She's probably done more for women's college basketball than anyone in history. She and her family should be very proud of her accomplishments.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 11:11 AM

Yeah LDW I thought we would beat them again this year, ended up a really good game for both teams.
Always good to see a real female player making great stats for women’s sports.
Jim
Posted By: Kong

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 11:49 AM

That was totally classless thing to say . Do you have a daughter or any kids at all? How would you feel if bottom feeders called your family names just to see who laughed or so they could giggle like a child? She dates the Iowa men’s coaches son.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Kong
That was totally classless thing to say . Do you have a daughter or any kids at all? How would you feel if bottom feeders called your family names just to see who laughed or so they could giggle like a child? She dates the Iowa men’s coaches son.

Keep in mind he IS from N'Yolk and has a crush on Tom Brady!

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 01:37 PM

maybe walleye should post a picture of him self see how that flies
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 01:46 PM

Them dern NYers! Somebody needs to bengay their shorts.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 01:55 PM

Girls were perter when i lived in IA,,,,,,,,evaluation
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Them dern NYers! Somebody needs to bengay their shorts.
[Linked Image]

grin wink
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 02:25 PM

And he voted for Biden. sick

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Joe1
maybe walleye should post a picture of him self see how that flies

Being a ugly & fat guy my whole life, I have been the subject of jokes & ridicule
due to my appearance throughout my time on this planet so I know the drill so bring it on.

My dad told me a long time ago that:

"Sticks & stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me".

I recall not too long ago when WNBA player Brittany Griner was the
subject of many unsavory comments about her sexuality and appearance
on here when she was jailed in Russia for the hash oil vaping charge
from quite a few on this forum but I guess that was a different scenario
because she wasn't the NCAA scoring darling like miss Caitlin Clark.

I'm sure that Catlin Clark is a great person & fantastic b-ball player
but it's very good that she has these qualities since she will never
compete for the Miss America Pagent with her mugshot.

Nothing wrong with ugly girls; I've dated a lot of them
and we appreciated each other every time I did.

I never said or implied anything about her sexual preference
so I don't know where that came from.

And no, ("straight chooter") is not implying anything other than
she can really "choot" the basketball.

I stand by the observation that she is in need of a pork chop
tied around her neck so the dog will play with her. laugh

Carry On.

walleyed
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 06:37 PM

Caitlin Clark is no Kathy Hochul, that's for sure. Thank goodness.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 06:40 PM

Walleyed I think you are missing the point. This thread is about her TALENT !!! Most of the comebacks aimed at you are you went to appearance. Brit griner REALLY . ???

With that said Catlin is not the prettiest girl on the team . That goes to Gabby Marshall !!!! WOW But sometime a person can be attractive other than appearance.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 07:05 PM

[s][/s]But....can she clean and cook critters?

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/12/24 07:29 PM

Walleyed I think you are missing the point. This thread is about her TALENT !!!

Yes jayburd,

There is no doubt she is very talented with a basketball.

There is no argument there.

My point was simply to address her other attribute. laugh

w

Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by hippie

Not sure about that but Gabbie is becoming a physical therapist which in the waning years thats a big bonus.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by LDW
Very proud of our Huskers. Gave the Hawkeyes everything they wanted. Few people outside of Nebraska gave them a chance, but took the fight right to them. Was a great game and would.like to congratulate Iowa. Both teams will make some noise in the tournament.

I was totally convinced the Huskers were going to hand Iowa another loss, but they managed to pull it off.
How many seniors are on that Nebraska team? I think they are going to be tough in the years to come.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 01:39 AM

Why do people say she is going to take a pay cut, that is so ridiculous! She is not being paid a salary in College but she has over $1 million in sponsorships. Those current sponsorships will be even bigger in the WNBA, and she just signed a huge deal with an investment company out of Indianapolis and she hasn't even been drafted by the Indiana Fever yet!!!!!

She will be the highest paid women's basketball player in history before she even sets foot on a WNBA court!!!
Posted By: Sledgehammer

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by hippie

......or, make a great sammich?

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 02:05 AM

Walleyed,
So you seem to want to "keep it real."
I think I can understand your knee jerk reaction to disparage some young gal who may not be a beauty queen in your eyes.
It can be expected of someone who has spent their entire life as fat, ugly, and stupid, and possibly drunk to be like that.
It saddens me that you feel so miserable about yourself that you feel that you need to take that out on someone you don't even know.
Do you think the words doled out to you your entire life may have actually hurt you as much as any thrown sticks or stones?

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 02:09 AM

She is already with Nike and State Farm insurance with endorsement deals. She will sell out arenas in WNBA. They are counting on her to be the great hope to right that ship.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Kong
She is already with Nike and State Farm insurance with endorsement deals. She will sell out arenas in WNBA. They are counting on her to be the great hope to right that ship.

I think they will be disappointed. She will provide a surge, she already is, but the WNBA is a failed business model and will soon be back to losing money.

Fame is a fickle thing.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 03:20 AM

Don’t matter NBA pays the bills. If WNBA is losing money it’s a tax right off anyway

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
Walleyed,

It can be expected of someone who has spent their entire life as
fat, ugly, and stupid, and possibly drunk to be like that.

Faber College Dean Wormer made that observation about
fraternity pledge "Flounder" in the Animal House movie.

Sorry Carl, but I don't drink
so your amateur psycho-analytical
profile is off the mark somewhat.

It still doesn't change the fact that Butt ugly is Butt ugly. laugh

w

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
Walleyed,

It can be expected of someone who has spent their entire life as
fat, ugly, and stupid, and possibly drunk to be like that.

Faber College Dean Wormer made that observation about
fraternity pledge "Flounder" in the Animal House movie.

Sorry Carl, but I don't drink
so your amateur psycho-analytical
profile is off the mark somewhat.

It still doesn't change the fact that Butt ugly is Butt ugly. laugh

w

So says your mirror. Not your physical reflection, but the one that illuminates your dark soul.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 10:03 AM

You definitely are an ignorant idiot
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 10:07 AM

It just amazes me that half of the fans of women's basketball are all on one trapping forum....

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 10:40 AM

All women's sports are getting more popular as women keep improving and getting stronger. Look at college volleyball lately.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 10:41 AM

I think that Stuelke gal forIowaiscute.
Posted By: riverbank

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton
It just amazes me that half of the fans of women's basketball are all on one trapping forum....

Surprises me too. Doesn't matter how good one female basketball player is, it's still not fun watching women's sports.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 11:39 AM

If you don’t like to watch women basketball just from the shooting talent alone you’re not a fan of good basketball. Men are to centered in one on one get out of my way play.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton

Yet there has been sell-out crowds at games lately. Most of the fans here on Tman must be silent observers.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 01:03 PM

[Linked Image]
Anyone who thinks this gal is butt ugly might be gay.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 01:22 PM

so who do you think will win this thing will there be a lot more talk about girls basketball next year there has been a lot more money made than what she is making sold out crowds a lot of people are trying to make money off her theres been millions of dollars spent this year because of this iowa team

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
[Linked Image]

She looks like a Tammy Faye Baker wanna-be
who is a basketball player & has to put her
war paint on with a trowel !!! laugh
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 02:45 PM

I think Caitlin Clark is great. AND....she is extremely far from being ugly.

I'd say walleyed has gotten the attention he is starving for, so it's time to move on.
Posted By: Ltrman

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
[Linked Image]

She looks like a Tammy Faye Baker wanna-be
who is a basketball player & has to put her
war paint on with a trowel !!! laugh

So you're gay? Not surprising.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 04:25 PM

I don't watch a lot of women's basketball, but she is a great all around shooter, especially from 3 point land. Better than a lot of male players I've seen.
Posted By: bass10

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 07:07 PM

Walleyed, I'd venture to go on a limb and say you slept with much worse looking! Dolled up she can be a bit cute, not a great body. I'd take her over the players that hit the floor with 5" eyebrow
extensions, long fake fingernails all polished and hair done up. But thats just me.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by bass10
Walleyed, I'd venture to go on a limb and say you slept with much worse looking! Dolled up she can be a bit cute, not a great body. I'd take her over the players that hit the floor with 5" eyebrow
extensions, long fake fingernails all polished and hair done up. But thats just me.

I've really got nothing against Iowa's hardwood sweetheart.

In my initial post, I just stated she was an ugly one !!!

Always said, Ugly girls need love too !!! laugh

Posted By: Ltrman

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/13/24 10:16 PM

Do you wake up every morning in a puddle of your own estrogen?

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/14/24 12:59 PM

Walleyed, you better lay off or we'll make you buy the magazine. grin

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/14/24 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by teepee2

walleyed would have left it alone with his original ugly post observation
but all you Iowa cheerleaders continued to escalate it from there.

What is this magazine that you speak of ? laugh

w
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/14/24 02:03 PM

Walleyed
You say you don't drink.
You should.
It certainly would help your disposition.
just

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/14/24 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by teepee2

walleyed would have left it alone with his original ugly post observation
but all you Iowa cheerleaders continued to escalate it from there.

What is this magazine that you speak of ? laugh

w

How To Be A Decent Person.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/14/24 02:46 PM

As far as her Basketball ability
"maybe the best ever" Charles Barkley
Posted By: goldy

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/14/24 04:12 PM

She would have been Homecoming queen in my school. Heck, a guy with shoulder length hair won when I was a senior.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/14/24 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by AKAjust
As far as her Basketball ability
"maybe the best ever" Charles Barkley

That is pretty impressive.

Re: Caitlin Clark - 03/14/24 11:39 PM

LOL This post brough out the best and the worst of this site!
Think some of you just can't except a girl can play basketball better than you could!
What are you going to do now that girls are wrestling in high school , in their own league!
Just saw where it's the fastest growing sport for girls today.
Going to be different than it was in the back seat of the 60's . LOL
© 2024 Trapperman Forums