Home

Trap-line Transportation

Posted By: Gurdy

Trap-line Transportation - 03/09/24 08:23 PM

Hey ya'll, I've been searching around for a easy means of transportation on my trap lines. Currently I have a 3-6 mile hike, with gear, and or fur, when it's too wet for my truck. Luckily I had my truck when I caught my 83 lb beaver the other day. That would have been a long hike with a sled. I was looking at e-bikes, they're about a grand and up. Been also looking at ATV's, but don't really want to lug a trailer around. Anyone rock a mini bike? What's your mode of transportation? Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Trap-line Transportation - 03/09/24 08:46 PM

83 pounder. Holy Crow that's big!! Congratulations.
I use a 4 wheeler
Posted By: turkn8rtrapper

Re: Trap-line Transportation - 03/09/24 09:07 PM

No experience as am adult with a mini bike. E-bikes are heavy and even the fat tire ones are squirrely on wet ground trust me. I use a 4 wheeler also but am seriously considering a side by side. In the mean time I have a hawk crawler deer cart that is real easy to deal with and may be a big help to you.
Posted By: proratman

Re: Trap-line Transportation - 03/09/24 10:02 PM

Bring a knife and skin at catch site.
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Trap-line Transportation - 03/09/24 10:05 PM

I've aeen a few 4 wheelers around for under 2 grand. They're older but a lot cheaper than a side by side. Those are ridiculous on price to me.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Trap-line Transportation - 03/09/24 11:28 PM

A trailer is not a big deal. made mine from an old boat trailer. can load or unload in less than five minutes. build a box to bolt on the rear rack. when grandson is along i toss dead stuff on the front and he holds it on till we get back to the pickup
Posted By: John-Chagnon

Re: Trap-line Transportation - 03/09/24 11:48 PM

Wow! You could make a lot of stew out of that beaver! Nice Job
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Trap-line Transportation - 03/10/24 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
A trailer is not a big deal. made mine from an old boat trailer. can load or unload in less than five minutes. build a box to bolt on the rear rack. when grandson is along i toss dead stuff on the front and he holds it on till we get back to the pickup

I'm purdy sure Big Shane was going to rig up like that before I left Kansas and that guy could fill the extra room a couple times a week. He can all but quote anything Johb Graham has ever said and his #s spoke for themselves.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums