Home

Glenn’s Ferry, idaho

Posted By: wissmiss

Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/09/24 06:01 AM

Any one at the ITA fur sale in Glenn’s Ferry?? Should be set up with lots iPod fur on the tables.

Rusty and his crew put on one heck of an event. More than a fur sale - sort of a mini-rendezvous - demos, live music on Saturday night, a live auction of goods for trappers to bid on. A full weekend of fun.

Hope every one that has fur there is happy with the prices. Can’t wait to see the results.
Posted By: Mark McCary

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/09/24 01:58 PM

There is a lot of beautiful bobcats and beavers at this sale. Most of the tables were full last night.
Posted By: foxhunter52

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/09/24 06:05 PM

I'm hoping $400 plus average on western cats. Anyone who likes fur, fur handling, looking at and talking to grizzly old trappers, attending great demo's, would really enjoy a trip to Glenns Ferry. Thanks Idaho Trapper's Association and all those who put on such a great auction.
Posted By: mud

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/09/24 08:15 PM

Hope it’s a good one. I’ve got some otters and fox out there. Hope there’s an occasional update on interest, buyers etc. from someone there.
Posted By: nyrat

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/09/24 08:23 PM

i have grey fox coyotes muskrat out there first time for me
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 12:14 AM

Good luck mud. I know you got some purty otters there.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Good luck mud. I know you got some purty otters there.

Thanks BP. Hopefully they survived the trip ok. Knock on wood, so far the last few years mine were at the top or within 50 cents or so. Now I jinxed myself lol.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 12:36 AM

I think you'll be happy. There seems to be increased interest in otters, and you have them at the right venue to exploit that.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 02:52 AM

Any news out of Glenn’s Ferry? I know not on prices but how’s turnout and any hints on interest?

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 03:05 AM

mud, I had everybody spoiled on that first sale. Intel galore!

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 03:07 AM

lol yes. Was hoping someone would do a walkthrough video of just the fur. Rusty did one but he was busy and kinda all over the place

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 03:08 AM

I wonder how many beaver are on the sale? I know Rusty was hoping to get 1500 there.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 03:46 AM

I saw a few pictures. More fur than you can imagine. I don’t know exact numbers. My contact said they could have used an extra room just for parts and dressed fur.

Could be a long day tomorrow. Hope there are enough buyers with deep pockets. Craft buyers alone won’t save the sale.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 03:54 AM

899 beaver. 1028 bobcat.

Rusty just posted the numbers on FB. Just those 2. Nothing else. It will be late tomorrow afternoon before prices are available. Maybe not until Monday.
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
899 beaver. 1028 bobcat.

Rusty just posted the numbers on FB. Just those 2. Nothing else. It will be late tomorrow afternoon before prices are available. Maybe not until Monday.

More bobcat than beaver! lol That would be crazy to think in most areas around here. Can anyone send fur over for those sales? Or if you’re a member of ITA? Just curious. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 05:05 AM

Yeah Scott, a lot of fur is sent in. You have to be an ITA member which they're happy to make you one for $40.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 05:28 AM

Any ITA member can sell at their sales. A $40.00 membership is cheap for such promised results.

ITA has 2 sales each season. One in mid January and one in mid March. ITA sells more than raw fur. They offer - teeth, claws, skulls, bones, antlers, legal feathers and lots of tanned fur, you name it. Idaho is very liberal when it comes to what is legal to sell.

And any one can bid on and buy tanned fur, misc items, antlers. A license is only required to buy raw fur. Idaho is a shoppers paradise.

If you are in the eastern US or the Midwest or the south and are thinking of sending fur or other items to the Idaho sale - keep in mind - your items will sell for what ever the high bid is. It might be a high price or it might be pennies on the dollar.

If you ship goods and are not physically present at the sale, You are NOT allowed to put a reserve price or minimum bid on your items. They will sell for the high bid without any recourse on your part. Just something to keep in mind. Are you a gambler????
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 02:54 PM

Idaho continues to show us that there are people who stand with us for the right to sell our legally caught fur. Thank you Idaho! Support them if you can. If you ever get to go to an Idaho sale you will not only get to see a great country fur sale but you will also get free entertainment from George. grin
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 03:08 PM

Rusty rocks. Never sold fur there, but I am a member of ITA. They have a nice publication.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 03:59 PM

I had a great time there in the January sale. When I backed up to the doors a half dozen volunteers met me to help unload my fur. Made me feel like a vip.

Besides the fact that the January sale was good for my cash flow issues, I more than covered my gas money by being able to sell raw skulls and tails there....something that our OTC sales in Oregon no longer permit. (Because of the mess).
Posted By: Boco

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Slick Pan
Idaho continues to show us that there are people who stand with us for the right to sell our legally caught fur. Thank you Idaho! Support them if you can. If you ever get to go to an Idaho sale you will not only get to see a great country fur sale but you will also get free entertainment from George. grin

Maybe they could expand into a full scale auction house.
That would be good for the industry.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 04:58 PM

Join the ID trapper's association. The magazine is better than some trapping mags.
Posted By: teacherman

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 06:27 PM

Anyone get pics of the sale, be cool to see. When will we know the average on bobcat?
Posted By: wallfur

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 07:17 PM

Bids are in
Posted By: bob maier

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 07:26 PM

I’m at the sale, as of Saturday nite there were 1000 cats and beaver here. The building is super full. Bids won’t be read until 2 o’clock I’m guessing. There is a contest to guess the highest cat price, $25. Per chance if you win you get half the pot. Pot is currently $500. My guess is $1473. Keep you fingers crossed. Phil brown is here w his cats, talked to him for awhile.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 08:08 PM

Had a message from a friend at the sale. Bids are in. But not yet posted. Have to deal with the no sales. Then shagging starts.

Gonna be a long day for everyone. Especially those that have to be to work tomorrow morning. Drive safe everyone!!

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 09:12 PM

High bid cat was $1445.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 09:14 PM

There is a 10 minute video on FB of some one walking through the ITA sale, showing how much stuff is there. And believe me there is a LOT of stuff and not just fur.

The video is on the Idaho Trappers Association page if you want to check it out. I can’t figure out how to do a link.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by bob maier
High bid cat was $1445.

So did your $1473 guess win the pot?

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 10:54 PM

No someone bid $1444. Darn the luck. Castor prices are down abit, goin for $35. A pound.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/10/24 11:00 PM

Probably a friend of the guy who bought the top cat. LOL

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/11/24 12:17 AM

The sale is dragging on. Got thru the no sales, waiting for the master list. I’ve got a bud on some tanned coyotes. I may get out of here by 7 if I’m lucky.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/11/24 12:21 AM

Wow!! That is taking forever!! Have a safe trip home if you ever get out of there.
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/11/24 01:09 AM

Sounds like Rusty's work and energy paid off big for the Association and the members. Kudo's for all the hard work you guys have put in!!

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/11/24 08:41 AM

I finally got out of there at 8:30, they were overwhelmed to say the least. Cudos to all the hard working people that
helped put this on. I made it home at 12:45, luckily I’m retired so no worry’s about goin to work tomorrow. A side note there was at least a semi load of skulls,bones and various other items, it was all sold. I got $15. For cleaned coyote skulls and $13. For cleaned beaver skulls.sold two otter w feet for $121.34,badger w feet for$45.11, two skunks w feet got $48.17, two frozen skunk carcasses $8.05, $4. Each for nine rats. Over all pleased w the results.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/11/24 09:11 AM

On the pelts with feet, is that price per lot or per pelt on the otter and skunks? Thanks.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/11/24 02:07 PM

I’m hoping per pelt lol. Had 9 there feet on. I’m curious now too.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/11/24 02:31 PM

The prices on the skunks and otter were for the lot. I bought a lot of 25 tanned beautiful coyotes for a steel. $32. Per pelt,I bet I could have bid lower but wanted to be some what fair.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/11/24 02:32 PM

Oh well lol
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/11/24 03:02 PM

Hi Bob….

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/11/24 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by mud
Oh well lol

I hear ya mud...wanted to hear that was per otter! Will be interesting to hear how many otter were on the sale. A few years back we were getting right around $80 for otter at our OTC sales and one sale we got a whole scad of shipped in otters, more than what our crafters normally dealt with and the price dropped by almost half.

Hopefully somebody loved yours!

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/11/24 04:05 PM

Yeah I always knew that was a chance as that auction became more popular. It’s a chance you take. It will be what it will be.

The short video clips were jumpy but it looked like quite a few otter but most weren’t claws intact from what I could see.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/11/24 04:34 PM

You have those tails stretched wide don’t you? That will help a bunch!

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/11/24 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by mud
.....if you know your lot number pm me i look it up

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/11/24 04:46 PM

It would be 9 otters in one lot on the master sheet I suspect. Probably torwards the beginning since the were shipped to Rusty.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/11/24 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by wallfur
Originally Posted by mud
.....if you know your lot number pm me i look it up

I don’t Bob they were shipped in. The two 45” ones were together and the other 7 were in one other lot. That’s all I onow

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/11/24 04:53 PM

looks like most of the otter where around 60 dollars average.. looks like they were anywhere from 55 to 65

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/11/24 07:21 PM

TTT

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/12/24 12:28 AM

There was one lot of 60 otter taken by a guy trapping in Missouri I think. Said he caught them trapping beaver! Beautiful clean put up.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/12/24 10:57 AM

Very Nice to hear
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/12/24 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by bob maier
There was one lot of 60 otter taken by a guy trapping in Missouri I think. Said he caught them trapping beaver! Beautiful clean put up.

wonder if that would be Jerry's otter? I know Catheryn was looking for a market.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/13/24 02:46 AM

Hopefully somebody will post results when they're available?

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/14/24 10:53 PM

TTT
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/15/24 01:31 AM

Check the thread Idaho Fur Sales averages a little further down the page. Rusty posted all the results.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/19/24 08:47 PM

Have most received a check yet? I’m way east but I’m curious. Don’t want to bother those guys unless I appear to be odd man out on getting theirs. Thanks.
Posted By: That.darn.coon

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/20/24 12:44 AM

I haven’t got mine yet

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/20/24 12:57 AM

i would think by the end of this week normally checks are mailed monday or tuesday following the week of the sale

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/20/24 12:59 AM

Thank you guys.
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/20/24 02:44 AM

The assoc needs to wait for the buyers checks to clear. It seems like their secretary was working back east also. I am not an officer in the ITA so don't know for sure what is going on. This was a big sale and they need more time to work through it all.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/20/24 03:10 AM

I got my check today.
Posted By: Idahotrapguy

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/20/24 01:51 PM

All checks have been mailed. Had to hold two large checks for a couple extra days.
Rusty
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/20/24 02:30 PM

Got mine Monday. I was surprised, wasn't expecting it this fast with as much fur as was there and as many buyers. Plus how much clean up was involved after the sale.

Re: Glenn’s Ferry, idaho - 03/20/24 10:29 PM

Received today.

Just want to say THANK You to the leadership and membership who helped put on another sale. I’m determined one day to get out west again and attend one.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums