Home

E-Bay , Who is right ?

Posted By: Dillrod

E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/02/24 10:49 PM

Short story is I purchased an item and the tracking shows delivered , But obviously not my house .
Contacted seller 2-3 days in a row and he responded .
This is are conversation.

Me : I did not receive these items ? Tracking shows delivered ? Please respond .

Seller : I understand that but it’s something you have to get ahold of the post office abt. If they delivered it I can’t see where it may have ended up.

Me : Wait a minute . I paid you to ship me 2 of these.
And it's my fault that your delivery system failed ?
I need to fix it ?
Send me the items I bought or refund me ?
You deal with your delivery issues.

Seller ; New tracking number sent with this reply; It’s your delivery issues because it’s your post office by post office shipped it just fine !

For the record , I'm arguing about $ 34 , Spent more than that on lunch today .
But this is a thorn in me right now..
Posted By: white17

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/02/24 10:51 PM

Credit card purchase ??
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/02/24 10:52 PM

Need to contact your post office. Went through the same thing a while back. If you don't receive it put in a claim with eBay for a full refund.
Posted By: Guss

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/02/24 10:53 PM

Just learn from it and walk away . A lawyer would cost more then 34.00.
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/02/24 10:53 PM

Post Office will not do anything!!!
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/02/24 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by randall brannon
Post Office will not do anything!!!

Its their job to follow the tracking and find out where it was delivered. I am in a small town so I am sure it is easier to do.
Posted By: corky

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/02/24 10:56 PM

I had a similar issue recently. My small local post office told me it was delivered to someone else in my Town. I asked who so I could go get it. The postmaster said that info is confidential and all inquiries had to be made by the original shipper. I told the seller and he shipped a new item that day. I don't know how he resolved it with the post office. Your seller needs to make it right.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/02/24 10:58 PM

You have to continue with steps provided by EBAY. And you can't skip to the last step . They feed you crumbs at first . Eventually , they should make it right

Post office is a worthless government joke
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/02/24 11:04 PM

UPS delivered $18 worth of gloves to the wrong address and they kept them. I'm out $18

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/02/24 11:05 PM

Pay - pal purchase and he has resent another shipment.

My question is who pays for the non delivery to me ?

Seller or the Buyer ?

He indicated it was my responsibility .
He can prove he sent it and its my problem after that is his argument.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/02/24 11:06 PM

The seller is the one who gets screwed the most on ebay

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/02/24 11:14 PM

I don't want to screw anyone.

I just feel a seller is responsible for any errors in there chosen delivery method.
I wasn't offered options.
I just paid shipping costs.

Not My Problem "I did my part isn't setting well with me".

If I'm wrong I will correct any losses to him immediately.

Any thoughts on it ??
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/02/24 11:31 PM

Another USPS "perfect" delivery......
Posted By: Spike369

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/02/24 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

This is why I quit selling on eBay, that and the post office. Post office won't do anything but you do need to file a claim with them. If it shows delivered ask your postal worker who they delivered it too? Sometimes they can get it back for you.
Posted By: white17

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/02/24 11:40 PM

As long as you receive what you paid for.........you are out of the equation. It would be up to the seller to try to recoup his loss.
Posted By: Tommyran

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/03/24 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by backroadsarcher
Need to contact your post office. Went through the same thing a while back. If you don't receive it put in a claim with eBay for a full refund.

^^^^THIS^^^
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/03/24 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by corky
I had a similar issue recently. My small local post office told me it was delivered to someone else in my Town. I asked who so I could go get it. The postmaster said that info is confidential and all inquiries had to be made by the original shipper. I told the seller and he shipped a new item that day. I don't know how he resolved it with the post office. Your seller needs to make it right.

Had that happen to me, and the post office said the same thing, but that tracking number was delivered two days before I even ordered.
Credit card took care of it.
It was a scam , how they even got a tracking number for their scam , ?????????????????
Posted By: MJM

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/03/24 01:18 AM

From what I have seen the shipper has to file the claim. Good luck to him there.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/03/24 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Dillrod

I just feel a seller is responsible for any errors in there chosen delivery method.

Any thoughts on it ??

My biggest gripe about buying online, is the shipper. Some are better than others.
I wish I could chose the shipper , most times you cannot.
Even if it costs a bit more , I would chose the shipper that does the best job.
Posted By: newtoga

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/03/24 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Dillrod

Any thoughts on it ??

Once it’s shipped and scanned in by your mail delivery “person” lol it’s the post office’s problem. The seller shipped it on time post office screwed it up. I ship a couple thousand packages a year thru the bay. Might have one lost package a year. Hope I didn’t jinx it.:)
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/03/24 02:57 AM

Contact the post office and give them the tracking #. When it is scanned as delivered the scanner they use stores the gps location the item was scanned. They should be able to tell you exactly where the delivery driver was when it was scanned. As for Ebay, there isnt much you can do as the post office shows the item as delivered.
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/03/24 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by MJM
From what I have seen the shipper has to file the claim. Good luck to him there.

Good luck filing a claim on an item with a delivered scan.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/03/24 03:04 AM

Complain to EBay directly forget the seller.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/03/24 05:12 AM

I used to sell on ebay. Its amazing how many buyers try to scam you.
Posted By: AJE

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/03/24 05:21 AM

I've never had a problem buying on eBay.

Your situation is a tough 1. I don't know what to say.

I know generally trying to get any help from the Postmaster is tough.
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/03/24 08:16 PM

Insure all packages when you ship anything. USPS, FedEx, and UPS have all become unreliable. If you don't ask for insurance you're risking your money.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/03/24 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dirty D

I've been selling for over 20 years, thousands of sales and I can't recall a single time a buyer tried to scam me.
Posted By: Spike369

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/03/24 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
Originally Posted by Dirty D

I've been selling for over 20 years, thousands of sales and I can't recall a single time a buyer tried to scam me.

That's hard to believe. I sold arrows for over 20 years. The year I quit I must have been scammed a dz times. Tracking says they got it but they say they didn't. Ebay gives them their money back and now you the seller are out 100 bucks for the arrows plus 100 bucks for a refund plus whatever shipping was. Another scam was those carbon arrows got delivered broken. Ebay don't know so buyer gets their money back plus they get to keep the arrows. Who's right? Don't know, maybe you, maybe the seller, maybe ebay, its your choice. I won't buy or sell ever on ebay again. That's just me.
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/03/24 09:43 PM

Porch pirate perhaps? Sometimes the postal carrier/delivery guy is the pirate too. Good luck.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/03/24 09:48 PM

I've screwed up several times by sending the wrong thing to the wrong person, in every case the person cooperated and helped me make it right.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/03/24 11:54 PM

I think it's more the post office's fault than the seller's. It's easy to see where the post office might be going broke. In your case, I would contact ebay. I had a situation with something I bought on ebay that the seller claimed he had sent, but I never received it. I asked the seller for the tracking list. He claimed he didn't add tracking. I contacted ebay who looked into it and my money was refunded. I never got the item.

I sent a book to a friend who lives 15 miles from the post office I sent it from. It to 5 days until he got it.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/03/24 11:59 PM

The Post Office will spend 100s of dollars and waste days of your time to not pay you for a package that’s worth $35 they will deny payment and keep offering that can appeal the decision time and time again. They will default to it says it was delivered even if it wasn’t over and over.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/04/24 01:45 AM

The way Ebay sees it- The seller is responsible for the shipment delivery. Seller will have to reimburse the buyer and then go after USPS for insurance claim. Its a bad deal for the seller, he trusted another venue to do their job and they came up short. The buyer did nothing wrong and didnt get his item. One thing I dont know is was it sent to your house or PO?

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/04/24 01:55 PM

I used home address and the buyer is very insinuating about me being a liar and a thief.
I don't care anymore about the items or the money.
But I am not a thief.

I had 7 days to wait on seller before I can file a claim with EBay .

I'm not sure if I want to continue arguing with anyone about it.

Kind of insulting to me and my integrity.

Always good luck settling issues with other sellers until this time.
Been buying on eBay since it was a giant garage sale.
Long before companies started using them

My first eBay transactions was using a Web TV device.
Posted By: Rusty Axe Camp

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/04/24 02:23 PM

It's how she goes buying and selling online, especially Ebay or online forum auction sites.

I've been on both ends of these issues.

USPS kinda sucks these days.

Imagine ordering a few hundred bucks worth of coins and receiving a padded envelope with the end slit open and nothing inside. Did a slimeball within USPS slit it and pocket the stuff or did a shady seller just send an empty envelope with a cut end?

These are strange days we live in.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/04/24 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

Yes indeed Cant figure out why you believe its the seller's fault for the PO screwup packages are insured for at least partial value but rather then taking action on your own behalf you pass the buck to someone else
And ebay takes the buyers side cause its easier misrepresentation of item yes wrong item yes Buyers remorse No
Posted By: iayogi17

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/04/24 04:53 PM

the seller did their part, it's on the shipping company now
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/04/24 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Brian Mongeau
Porch pirate perhaps? Sometimes the postal carrier/delivery guy is the pirate too. Good luck.

True
Posted By: 30-06 Trapper

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/04/24 05:24 PM

post office wont do anything cut your losses and buy in person
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/04/24 06:00 PM

Dillrod do not back down as you said its a matter of pride
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: E-Bay , Who is right ? - 03/04/24 06:50 PM

Would it have killed you to take a minute and call your local post office with the tracking number?

One time I had a woman complain that she hadn't got her package. Tracking showed it had made it to her post office and no farther. Well I looked up the number and called them. Told them my story and gave them the womans name and tracking number. The lady at the p.o. told me she had her mail on hold and there were several packages waiting for her. I passed the info on to the buyer and the next day it was picked up. Now I don't know if she was forgetful or thought she had a plan to get some free stuff but either way it got fixed with a simple phone call.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums