Home

oak island

Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

oak island - 03/02/24 10:46 AM

anyone watch it, so the main guys are from, the u p of Michigan, rick and Marty, so if you watch the show each week rick has a different hat on this coming week im told that he will be wearing a u p trappers hat.
Posted By: ToTheWoods

Re: oak inland - 03/02/24 11:20 AM

Larry the Cable Guy's wife is from northern Wisconsin and does the same thing with shirts and hats from the surrounding area
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: oak inland - 03/02/24 11:33 AM

I lost hope in their " buried treasure "
Posted By: Squash

Re: oak inland - 03/02/24 11:56 AM

They are getting close, they found some wood and a button. LOL , the show is a joke, they have a better chance of finding Bigfoot.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: oak inland - 03/02/24 12:48 PM

I have watched it a few times

If the network wasn't financing that circus it would have long left town wink

They have spent more money than was ever buried (if it even ever was) there
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: oak inland - 03/02/24 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

I kid the wife about the “wood hunters”, if they ever found treasure I think they would all pass out it reminds me of those ghost shows so close but no bananas. They find some trinkets but you wonder how much of that is planted or is found like the gold shows.
Posted By: Animals Only

Re: oak inland - 03/02/24 01:34 PM

Looks like a place they built to dry docked ships to be repaired or have the barnicales removed. A testament the engineering abilities of the times. The relics give a time stamp to the era of operation. Don't believe they will find a treasure. The site is a treasure itself.
Posted By: Jingles

Re: oak inland - 03/02/24 02:12 PM

Oak Island reminds me of the guys that had the show about setting up a gold recovery program in AK and didn't even have mats in their sluice boxes to recover the gold, total amateurs that made more money from the network than they did from the gold. GPAA ( Gold Propectors Association of American ) made their money from mining the miners
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: oak inland - 03/02/24 02:53 PM

The mother load is actually the network funding the show is what I think.
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: oak inland - 03/02/24 02:55 PM

I watched the show several times, until I grew tired of Marty acting like the big boss. He also seems to be more of an observer, whereas his brother Rick is more inclined to jump in and get dirty.

I would have thought treasure would have been found by now. The brothers are using heavy equipment and modern day, sophisticated techniques and still can't find the treasure trove that would have been dug and buried by hand all those years ago.
Posted By: wytex

Re: oak inland - 03/02/24 03:12 PM

Spouse is a big fan, I do find it interesting.
Pretty sure no treasure will ever be found but the story is intriguing.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: oak inland - 03/02/24 03:32 PM

I used to watch it until this year. I haven't watched it at all. I think it's ridiculous to think there would have been buried treasure 170 deep. They wouldn't have the equipment back then and what would be the purpose of burying it so deep? Didn't they plan to ever recover it?

I think the black man who lived on the island years ago (I don't recall his name anymore) found whatever treasure there actually was. He did suddenly seem to come into some money.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: oak inland - 03/02/24 03:33 PM

I'd rather set my TV on fire than to watch another 5 minutes of that show. Useless, his kale garden, and his starving horses are better watching that.
Posted By: Yooper1978

Re: oak inland - 03/02/24 05:23 PM

Oh look, another piece of wood!

Re: oak inland - 03/05/24 08:34 PM

I think you all miss the point. A major show is going to wear a trapper hat !!!!
Posted By: Mark K

Re: oak inland - 03/05/24 11:20 PM

There is a reason they call it the money pit and have for at least 40 years.
Posted By: charles

Re: oak inland - 03/06/24 12:07 AM

Made for TV.
Posted By: Jeg

Re: oak inland - 03/06/24 01:42 AM

Talked with a fella that did some of their "research". He said he doesn't believe the treasure is the and if it was it is long gone. He did say that they did find one treasure. They are totally booked for Oak Island tours. He said they pull down 1 Million $ a year. Most of their customers are from England. Plus they get paid by the History channel per episode. Some time count how many times you hear " could it be, is this possibly and every statement ending in a question. These boys are milking this for all they can, and laughing all the way to the bank
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: oak inland - 03/06/24 01:45 AM

The most retardest show on tv. Made for low watt individuals.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: oak inland - 03/06/24 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
I think you all miss the point. A major show is going to wear a trapper hat !!!!

Roy they'd rather slam the show than think of the positive aspect of what you pointed out.

Re: oak inland - 03/06/24 04:47 AM

Was that tonight I could not see the emblem to know what it all said?

Re: oak inland - 03/06/24 10:29 AM

spot on Paul.
Posted By: RonH

Re: oak inland - 03/06/24 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

Roy they'd rather slam the show than think of the positive aspect of what you pointed out.

Totally agree, Thanks Dahlgren and Mr Paul for seeing the positive !
Posted By: Rusty Axe Camp

Re: oak inland - 03/06/24 01:03 PM

whistle It's an angry bunch on here lately.

I always get a kick out of seeing local stuff, let alone trapping related on something like that.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: oak inland - 03/06/24 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

LOL,,same here.Their not going to find treasure any more than them Bigfoot guys are going to catch one of those.Glad hes gonna wear a Trapper hat though.

Re: oak inland - 03/06/24 02:38 PM

We tape the show every week and yes we joke about never finding the treasure but I find many aspects of the show interesting. The artifacts being found and dated is interesting the building of the new shaft they are building is some great work. We are looking for answers to many questions not related to the treasure itself. Being a history buff there’s a lot for me to see.

If you ever lived in the UP you will pick up on the shape of it pretty quickly when you see it and yes I look for anything MI related mostly because of the distance between the 2 locations and having lived there.

I find it odd that 110 feet above ground seems like nothing but it seems like a lot underground and it’s a place I will never go willing underground it’s not my thing. Some folks are skeptical of reality TV that’s from past histories of other shows the show has way less drama than other shows.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: oak inland - 03/06/24 04:27 PM

I think the most interesting part of the show is Gary and his metal detecting. He does sometimes find some interesting artifacts. For me, that's about all that keeps the show interesting.

Re: oak inland - 03/06/24 11:03 PM

well, he had the trappers hat on in the last 15 minutes of the show, the science in dating the wood and the gold and silver in the water, plus the stonework, keeps me watching, I'm a history guy!
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: oak inland - 03/07/24 12:27 AM

After 11 years, its getting a bit much. I only hope they do realize some historical things.

The different coins that are found are interesting. But I have a theory about those also.

Please hurry and find something significant, their boring me crazy!
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: oak inland - 03/07/24 03:44 AM

I still watch the show. It ignites feelings I have had since I was a kid reading the same Readers Digest article that Rick did. I remember thinking "I bet I could find that!"

I have always been interested in treasure hunting. That interest still drives me to always keeping my eyes open for the unusual. That drive has taken me on a wild ride of a life. Have never really found what some would define as treasure but my memories of my adventures are treasure enough for me.

One high point of my life was participating in a dig on Chugachik Island in Kachemak Bay Alaska. It was a 2000 year old Aleut hunting site. Somehow I got hooked up in the dig which was done by the University of Alaska-Fairbanks by Bill and Karen Workman. Made some exceptional finds.

Lots of "What ifs..." and "Just maybes..." have added a lot of living to my life.

Moosetrot

Posted By: Golf ball

Re: oak inland - 03/07/24 04:46 AM

It amazes me how people knock the show saying they couldn’t have dug that deep with no tools. Man has been digging tunnels for thousands of years and did so with stone tools.
Posted By: Muskratwalt

Re: oak inland - 03/07/24 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetrot
I still watch the show. It ignites feelings I have had since I was a kid reading the same Readers Digest article that Rick did. I remember thinking "I bet I could find that!"

I have always been interested in treasure hunting. That interest still drives me to always keeping my eyes open for the unusual. That drive has taken me on a wild ride of a life. Have never really found what some would define as treasure but my memories of my adventures are treasure enough for me.

One high point of my life was participating in a dig on Chugachik Island in Kachemak Bay Alaska. It was a 2000 year old Aleut hunting site. Somehow I got hooked up in the dig which was done by the University of Alaska-Fairbanks by Bill and Karen Workman. Made some exceptional finds.

Lots of "What ifs..." and "Just maybes..." have added a lot of living to my life.

Moosetrot

Well said Moose. Are you going to be at the gun show this weekend?

Re: oak inland - 03/07/24 12:54 PM

Yep!

Moosetrot
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: oak inland - 03/07/24 01:14 PM

My guess is considering the $ they are making it would be plausible that their " finds" are planted
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: oak inland - 03/07/24 01:56 PM

Hey Moose
Did you check out the one show where the guy was a astronaut orbiting earth and was supposed to be looking at russian sites as he went by or some such war type thing through the scope but as he was buzzing by over the ocean water he marked a personal map with other things he saw surmising they must be ship wrecks. Then he died and his kid inherited his maps and his treasure hunting was him finding these ship wrecks and their haul. i.e. gold coins. Im not sure if it came out to be totally false or what but it was interesting none the less.

p.s. - I hope the trapper hat was a good one. I don't see that show around anymore on my channels.

Moosetrot

Re: oak inland - 03/07/24 02:55 PM

Ohio Boy-I did not see nor hear of that one. If you could get some specifics on it I might try to dig it up.

Moosetrot
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: oak inland - 03/07/24 03:26 PM

It was on Discovery and called "Coopers Treasure". Looks like that second link even takes you to an episode.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappen...ked-a-hunt-for-lost-shipwrecks-1.4078295

https://go.discovery.com/show/coopers-treasure-discovery-atve-us

Ohio Boy-I did not see nor hear of that one. If you could get some specifics on it I might try to dig it up.

Moosetrot

Re: oak inland - 03/07/24 04:07 PM

Thanks, OhioBoy! I am getting ready to head out to a gun show for the weekend but when I get back I am going to watch for sure. Love that kind of stuff.

Moosetrot
Posted By: SJA

Re: oak inland - 03/07/24 04:28 PM

This show is a hoax / joke. Any REAL treasure hunter would know this within minutes. These guys are nothing more than "adventurers and investors" into a TV show for ratings etc. How many of you trappers knew that Johnny Thorpe was a TH'er? . . . ever here of any of his finds? No. The REAL TH'er's will never post or talk about their finds or searches unless they're fools or there are tragedies involved that the media discovers.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: oak inland - 03/07/24 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by OhioBoy
It was on Discovery and called "Coopers Treasure". Looks like that second link even takes you to an episode.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappen...ked-a-hunt-for-lost-shipwrecks-1.4078295

https://go.discovery.com/show/coopers-treasure-discovery-atve-us

Moosetrot

Awesome
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: oak inland - 03/07/24 09:26 PM

My wife watches it.

She gets all excited when a new episode comes on.

She lays on the couch with the dog and a blanket ....then 10 minutes in ...she's passed out.

Thats when my son yells to me ....Dad can you believe they found the treasure...

She wakes up ...in a fog...and we tell her she missed Marty finding the Gold !

When she comes to ...she's pizzed....lol
Posted By: KeithC

Re: oak inland - 03/07/24 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
My wife watches it.

She gets all excited when a new episode comes on.

She lays on the couch with the dog and a blanket ....then 10 minutes in ...she's passed out.

Thats when my son yells to me ....Dad can you believe they found the treasure...

She wakes up ...in a fog...and we tell her she missed Marty finding the Gold !

When she comes to ...she's pizzed....lol

That's funny!

Keith
Posted By: Actor

Re: oak inland - 03/08/24 12:49 AM

The Black Guy someone was trying to think of, that lived on Oak Island and got rich was Samuel Ball...

Garry-
© 2024 Trapperman Forums