Home

If you had 5 minutes with JESUS

Posted By: foxkidd44

If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 03:21 AM

I saw this posted elsewhere I thought this an interesting question,

If you had 5 minutes with JESUS what would you say to him?
Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 03:22 AM

Thank you.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 03:30 AM

how to best serve? nothing I can tell him he wouldn't already know , only what I can ask to make best use of the minutes.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 03:35 AM

I'd ask him why he's a liberal , and why the good lord allows so much suffering in innocent children
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 03:39 AM

I reckon I'd ask when he plans to take us worn out sinners home.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 04:00 AM

I probably wouldn't say anything.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 04:09 AM

Much as I do today and every day, listen I may find ways to be a better human on this Earth.

Bryce
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 04:15 AM

I’d ask for forgiveness of all the things I’ve done and failed to do like always
Posted By: waggler

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Pawnee
I’d ask for forgiveness of all the things I’ve done and failed to do like always

You can do that right now.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 09:31 AM

Take us with you
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 09:43 AM

I talk to him everyday now. He's with me 24/7
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Turtledale

x2
Posted By: white marlin

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 11:42 AM

I'd ask Him to fill my soul with His Holy Spirit!

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin

Ask him he WILL!!!
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 11:49 AM

He's already done that...

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 11:54 AM

I struggle mightily with living the Christian Life.

if I was truly filled with the Holy Spirit, my behaviors would better reflect that fact.
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 12:09 PM

why do bad things happen to good people?
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 12:09 PM

when are you coming back?

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by ILcooner

Rev. Josh McPherson from Grace City Church in eastern Washington state said a better question is: 'why does God allow anything good to happen to sinners?'

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 12:23 PM

I struggle mightily with living the Christian Life.

if I was truly filled with the Holy Spirit, my behaviors would better reflect that fact.

Most of us do. I find the more I study and seek him the more I"m filled with the holy spirits joy.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
Posted By: Shakeyjake

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 12:42 PM

Why would anyone who doesn’t believe in you burn in (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) for eternity? Like the Indians hundreds or thousands of years ago who’ve never heard of God or Jesus. Why would you create us for the soul reason only to worship you, or burn in (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) if you don’t?

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Shakeyjake
Why would anyone who doesn’t believe in you burn in (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) for eternity? Like the Indians hundreds or thousands of years ago who’ve never heard of God or Jesus. Why would you create us for the soul reason only to worship you, or burn in (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) if you don’t?

Are you sure those Indians never heard of God or Jesus?
Posted By: corky

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 12:51 PM

I'd ask Him to explain the 3 person 1 God concept, specifically the Holy Spirit, so I could understand it.
Posted By: Jkme

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 12:55 PM

Thankyou and praise
Posted By: Tommyran

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 12:59 PM

I'll let Stephen Fry answer this one for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-suvkwNYSQo

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

1000 years ago? Plus, they had their own. Or isolated tribes that never seen a white man.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

1000 years ago? Plus, they had their own. Or isolated tribes that never seen a white man.

Only white men knew Jesus?

Are you sure there is isolation from God?
Posted By: Guss

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 01:06 PM

Forgive me I'm a sinner Lord make me stronger.
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 01:41 PM

I'd ask him why as a carpenter he thought he could create a woman?...Because there aren't wired right.

Ol dad

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tommyran
I'll let Stephen Fry answer this one for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-suvkwNYSQo

LOL at Tommyran!!

if those Greek gods (that Mr. Fry respects) were so wonderful, why did THEY allow the eye-bugs that he abhors?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 01:59 PM

Thank you from saving me from self distruction.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 02:25 PM

I used to ask the same.
I've come to realize man is the one creation of God that does not naturally praise our creator.
We were created in God image, therfore we have been given a conscience to do good or do evil.
If we were with out knowledge of sin then there would be no condemnation. A coyote does what's natural.
Without a conscience. Only for survival. Therefore there would be no condemnation for it.
We have been given Dominion, and free will.
This is a liberty with responsibility.
To praise God is to be thankful for every thing good we have been blessed with.
From each breath we take to every child we are blessed with.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 05:54 PM

Some really good replies here.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 05:59 PM

We have free will… there are those who have made the choice to not want to be with GOD.. he doesn’t send anyone into the eternal darkness… they send themselves there,,, they have chosen not to spend eternity in the light with GOD. So , he gives them what they desire.
Posted By: Mando

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 06:04 PM

Free will.
Posted By: Mando

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
I'd ask him why he's a liberal , and why the good lord allows so much suffering in innocent children

He gave us free will.
Posted By: patrapperbuster

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by ol' dad
I'd ask him why as a carpenter he thought he could create a woman?...Because there aren't wired right.

Ol dad

I thought that was hilarious. Lisa disagrees

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mando

Free will.

There is a difference between being a liberal and being liberating.
A liberal has Robin Hood mentality, to steal from the rich " THAT DONT AGREE WITH THERE AGRNDA"
To buy votes through give away programs.
Liberty is giving freely. Free will.
So why do bad things happen to good peaple.
First of all it depend on what glass you are looking through.
If it's one of understanding God's nature . This is how i understand.
When God created Adam he breathed the breath of life in to him.
Not only life, but Adam became a living soul.
This is an eternal gift of God breathing the life giving Holy spirit in to his creation made in his image.
Along with that comes liberty = free will .
Unfortunately man has a sinful lature. Fortunately By God's good grace and mercy. We have hope in eternal peace without that sinful nature if we become new in Christ Jesus.
Posted By: Ed Patrick

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 07:15 PM

Believe, trust, ask for forgiveness and truly repent. Then read the bible and pray everyday and go to church.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/02/24 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by foxkidd44
I saw this posted elsewhere I thought this an interesting question,

If you had 5 minutes with JESUS what would you say to him?

What would say foxkidd44
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 12:05 AM

I'd ask him why he didn't tell everyone that the World wasn't flat like everyone believed at the time. Tell them, "Have Faith in Me when I tell you that."
If he had, I believe that everyone would be a Christian now.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
I'd ask him why he didn't tell everyone that the World wasn't flat like everyone believed at the time. Tell them, "Have Faith in Me when I tell you that."
If he had, I believe that everyone would be a Christian now.

Exept for those that believe it actually is flat. grin

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Giant Sage

I used to ask the same.
I've come to realize man is the one creation of God that does not naturally praise our creator.
We were created in God image, therfore we have been given a conscience to do good or do evil.
If we were with out knowledge of sin then there would be no condemnation. A coyote does what's natural.
Without a conscience. Only for survival. Therefore there would be no condemnation for it.
We have been given Dominion, and free will.
This is a liberty with responsibility.
To praise God is to be thankful for every thing good we have been blessed with.
From each breath we take to every child we are blessed with.

So would natives of ages ago be considered wildlife cuz they didn’t realize they were made in Gods image? Unless God considers their gods close enough and they’re nice, that can walk through the pearly gates?
I was raised Mennonite (it’s actually a religion not a person) and my dad was heavily involved in the church as a deacon. They all had trouble with that question.
I read a Navy Seals biography years ago, I’m not sure if it was Chris Kyle’s or a different one but he had the best answer I’ve ever heard for 5hat one……I even folded the page over to show my dad but he left this place before I remembered to. I’ll see if I can find it.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 01:13 AM

Shakey
I don't believe so.
If they are created in God image.
What they think would not matter.
Some peaple may think they are a puppy or what ever, but they are still a person, right.
If a Pearson has a conscience and decides to do wrong or evil. There conscience would surely convict them.
Some peaple will decide to do evil and what they know in wrong and eventually they become so heardened nothing short of rock bottom or maybee Devine intervention will help.
This I one reason we are encouraged to love our enemies, to edify.
Like refining precious metal.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 11:30 AM

So you are saying if Jesus himself came to you and you had opportunity to question him, you would give him a link to this Stephen Fry fellow.
Interesting.
Even one of Jesus's apostles, doubted him. His name was Tom or something like that.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 12:04 PM

So you are saying if Jesus himself came to you and you had opportunity to question him, you would give him a link to this Stephen Fry fellow.
Interesting.
Even one of Jesus's apostles, doubted him. His name was Tom or something like that.

Thomas did not doubt Jesus, he doubted the other disciples when they said they saw Jesus alive days after the crucifixion. It wasn't until he saw Jesus in person that those doubts were put aside.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 12:27 PM

Thank you for the correction Bernie.
Then Jesus went on to say ( blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. ) John 20:29

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 12:33 PM

I think tommyran said he doesn't believe in God/Jesus, so I figure he'll say something like " Oh &%^$! He is real " when he meets Him.
Posted By: Tommyran

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 12:36 PM

Interesting.

Awww that was cute. Read your WHOLE Bible. The "God" you worship is a mass murderer. IF you read your whole Bible you would know that. And don't give me that "metaphor" nonsense because if you do
you don't know what a metaphor is. He also condoned slavery as well. Plenty of other stuff in there as well, some that would really upset the ladies.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by J Staton
I think tommyran said he doesn't believe in God/Jesus, so I figure he'll say something like " Oh &%^$! He is real " when he meets Him.

that's what's so funny about the Stephen Fry clip. when confronted with the actual existence of the CREATOR of the Universe (the premise of the question he is answering); he proceeds to browbeat God over a bug he dislikes...absolute lunacy, all to show how "important" Fry is.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 12:51 PM

Thomas did not doubt Jesus, he doubted the other disciples when they said they saw Jesus alive days after the crucifixion. It wasn't until he saw Jesus in person that those doubts were put aside.
Very good point B! grin

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 01:02 PM

Tommyran
This is good.
It seems you have an opinion of the Bible.
So you would have an opportunity to ask Jesus Questions if the opportunity arrived.
I'm speaking metaphorically of course.
What you believe and understand is your choice and you're liberty to do and believe as you will.
Not trying to convince you of anything.
Just responding to your interesting response to the titled post.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 01:04 PM

Tommyran
This is good.
It seems you have an opinion of the Bible.
So you would have an opportunity to ask Jesus Questions if the opportunity arrived.
I'm speaking metaphorically of course.
What you believe and understand is your choice and you're liberty to do and believe as you will.
Not trying to convince you of anything.
Just responding to your interesting response to the titled post.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 01:05 PM

If I had 5 Minutes with Jesus, I hope he speaks to me for 5 minutes straight....I have never learned anything while talking, I have learned volumes listening.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
If I had 5 Minutes with Jesus, I hope he speaks to me for 5 minutes straight....I have never learned anything while talking, I have learned volumes listening.

Amen to that!
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 01:37 PM

Perfect!

I'll be spending eternity with him so I am not worried about 5 minutes.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by BernieB.

Perfect!

I'll be spending eternity with him so I am not worried about 5 minutes.

But to me I need the 5 minutes to be a better person on earth and a better dad. Theres my faults that I just cant shake here.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 01:49 PM

I would show love and fall down at his feet and that him for life and salvation.
Posted By: jalstat

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 01:55 PM

X2 I’m with you

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by jalstat

X2 I’m with you

And yet the wicked thrive and prevail.
We're is the justice in that.
Unless you believe in unconditional love and patience.
If God was created in our image then we could take away free will. Then it would be a perfect world with no liberty.
Can we have our cake and eat it to.

Re: If you had 5 minutes with JESUS - 03/03/24 02:50 PM

When Jesus comes back he will make everything new and dry every tear. No one will die of old age anymore. But before that happens he will come back as JUDGE to judge all sinners.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums