Home

Another suck week!

Posted By: Law Dog

Another suck week! - 03/01/24 01:24 AM

Thinking about sitting on the recliner all next week and vegging, last week I hit my upper lip with a iron poker while wrestling with some big elm rounds today I picked up a cut round by a piece of bark that was held on by frost that came off while I lifted it up and busted my lower lip I’ll look like a Kardashian if this keeps up. LOL It missed my teeth both times luckily.

Got home around noon so I went out to split some of the bigger rounds after lunch had a huge crooked cut stump round about 3 foot across but C shaped but still hard to move to split it. Lopped off a solid piece that fell off to the side that leaning on the splitter frame the next piece sticks in the wedge drops off then taps the leaning piece on the bottom lip rocking it to the main piece hitting my pinky.

Nails black the fingers purple won’t stop weeping but that’s better than swelling up and not draining, not much throbbing not hurting like when it first happened. Hard to believe a tiny finger could hurt that much.

On top of that the boiler solenoid took a dive fixed that chainsaw sprocket wore out fixed that seems it always something the last couple of weeks good thing I’m retired.

Next week is hopefully better.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 01:29 AM

Lucky for you spring is coming and you can stop feeding the boiler for awhile. If you live that long.....
grin
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 01:30 AM

Retirement ain't for sissies. Lol.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 01:30 AM

I feel for ya! I smacked my pinkie finger with an Estwing waffle head 22 oz framing hammer once. The end of that finger was smashed to oblivion. The end of that finger is twice the size of my other one. That was over 10 years ago and seems like yesterday. sick
Posted By: newfox1

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 01:32 AM

Bad luck comes in bunches, like bananas.
Posted By: Pipeliner90

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 01:36 AM

Sorry to hijack your thread Law Dog but my left middle finger looks identical to yours right now. Yesterday for the first time in many years in my line of work. I smashed my finger between a t bolt and iron pipe fitting with the impact wrench. My whole hand was throbbing in a matter of seconds. It is still purple and swollen and slowly oozing blood as well. Good luck my friend. I literally feel your pain! [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Old pup

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 01:41 AM

Sure glad you're not someone's cardiologist. You aren't, are you?

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Old pup
Sure glad you're not someone's cardiologist. You aren't, are you?

Or bomb squad.
Posted By: Trapper5123

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 02:56 AM

I liked your Kardashian reference. I bought a pistol a few years ago and shot it into a corner post that was full of yellow jackets. After 5 stings running away my backside resembled a Kardashian's.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 03:12 AM

Use the hot paperclip to the nail to drain the blood. It will release the pressure.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 03:50 AM

Looking at them fingers wants me to pee my pants. Lol

Things come in threes, you better stay in the house next week and be careful.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 03:56 AM

Law dog....have Snowy help you get staahted on baking some sourdough bread.

You'll use less bandaids.

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Law dog....have Snowy help you get staahted on baking some sourdough bread.

You'll use less bandaids.

Burn cream I'll need then!
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 10:02 AM

it happens, hopefully next week is better
Posted By: Spike369

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 11:54 AM

They say bad things happen in threes. Your bad luck is over law dog! Blue sailing from here!
Posted By: harrison72

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 01:20 PM

Rough week for sure!
I have had my share of smashed fingers, enough that I have actually had to fight back tears,sure makes a tough guy into a wimp in a hurry!

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 01:55 PM

At least it’s not throbbing very bad and it’s not hyper sensitive but I still would not want to bump it any. Wrapped it in a bandaid to control the weeping of watery blood it would not stop but if it held pressure then it would be throbbing a lot more. That pinky had a tough life it lost that nail before and split the side of it before plus it’s been broke before at a different time.

Still have wood to split before I go beaver trapping next week so I’m glade it’s nothing hyper sensitive. I should be able to work around it with it being broken in the past the feeling in it might be less than if it wasn’t hurt before the feeling took a while to come around after it was broken before.

I went antelope archery hunting after I broke it the first time and releasing the string was painful to take a shot. My hands have had a rough life of abuse and I feel it everyday.
Posted By: Actor

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 02:41 PM

Fighting crime was much easier... wasn't it? Time to put on the uniform and go back to work where you will be safe from yourself.

Garry-
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Another suck week! - 03/01/24 05:01 PM

Bad day???,,,,,,you should see my right foot.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums