Home

Clark setting more records

Posted By: jbyrd63

Clark setting more records - 02/29/24 12:52 PM

Yep couple more records last night .
Most 3 pointers ever in single season
Most points by a woman in any D-1 ever. Haters dug up some old records when she broke NCAA record. No problem she smashed that one
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Clark setting more records - 02/29/24 12:58 PM

She is something but I can't watch since Peacock bought out college women's bball.
Posted By: corky

Re: Clark setting more records - 02/29/24 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
She is something but I can't watch since Peacock bought out college women's bball.

Same deal with some of the men's B10 games. I hate Peacock for that reason and would never subscribe to it as a matter of principle.

Re: Clark setting more records - 02/29/24 01:53 PM

Haven't looked but I bet this weekends game is on National TV.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Clark setting more records - 02/29/24 02:07 PM

I'll watch if it is.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Clark setting more records - 02/29/24 02:26 PM

Got up this morning and first thing watched the game highlights on YouTube. Impressive as usual. A triple double is a weekly thing for her.

She will break Pete Maravich's record, but it's not comparable despite the numbers. We've never seen anything like her.

So many people saying she will be the savior of the WNBA but I just don't see it.
Posted By: Joe1

Re: Clark setting more records - 02/29/24 02:59 PM

their has to be a lot of presser there sold out crowds every where they go with expensive seats lot of people trying to make money on their sucess but they dont act like it bothers them seen a full cut out of clark on face book some one had for 500 dollars
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Clark setting more records - 02/29/24 03:02 PM

She is an amazing outside shooter. Big contract coming with the WNBA.

Re: Clark setting more records - 02/29/24 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
She is an amazing outside shooter. Big contract coming with the WNBA.

Salaries are set in the WNBA, they are not negotiable like other sports. She will have some mega-sponsorship deals though.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Clark setting more records - 02/29/24 05:43 PM

From what I can find, the game will be on FOX @1:00 Sunday March 3rd.
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Clark setting more records - 02/29/24 06:42 PM

It's women's basketball. Surprised they keep records for something so insignificant.

Re: Clark setting more records - 02/29/24 10:54 PM

She just announced that she is turning pro. The max WNBA salary for a rookie is $74,000.

My guess is that she had some meetings with current and potential sponsors who made her some offers she couldn't refuse. She'll be the highest paid women's basketball player ever, the moment she signs an WNBA contract with the Indiana Fever.

Re: Clark setting more records - 02/29/24 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyWrangler
It's women's basketball. Surprised they keep records for something so insignificant.

There are places outside of Arkansas where women have all their teeth and do things other than washing clothes in the creek.

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by BernieB.

There are places outside of Arkansas where women have all their teeth and do things other than washing clothes in the creek.

LOL Good one Bernie!
Posted By: Ltrman

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 12:21 AM

So insignificant you couldn't even scroll by without posting.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by BernieB.
Got up this morning and first thing watched the game highlights on YouTube. Impressive as usual. A triple double is a weekly thing for her.

She will break Pete Maravich's record, but it's not comparable despite the numbers. We've never seen anything like her.

So many people saying she will be the savior of the WNBA but I just don't see it.

Let's think about this.
She can rain threes at a high percentage from the logo and anywhere else.
She has very impressive ball handling skills to create her own space for a shot.
She has excellent court sense and great passing skills.
Share with me where her weaknesses are in a league of relatively unimpressive professional players. The WNBA is currently unwatchable to me. That league is starving for the likes of her.
I hear naysayers opine on her lack of college championships. Look at her teammates. I see a lot of corn fed Iowa girls for the most part for her entire college career.
Posted By: TurkeyWrangler

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 02:05 AM

Got a few bites. laugh
Posted By: ILcooner

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 02:08 AM

she is an amazing shooter!

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 04:39 AM

Pistol Pete was that kind of shooter , had there been a 3 point shot back then , no one would have a chance of beating his record.
At least it, would of been a lot harder to do.
Posted By: Cooncreek II

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 08:04 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^ and he only played 86 games. Best college player ever (imo)
Posted By: ufo940

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine
Pistol Pete was that kind of shooter , had there been a 3 point shot back then , no one would have a chance of beating his record.
At least it, would of been a lot harder to do.

Caitlin has 1 remaining game left on this upcoming Sunday, against Ohio State.

Obviously, this comes with the asterisk that Pete did this in 3 years. Caitlin is doing it in 4. Nobody will ever truly surpass what he accomplished. Even still, it's very impressive for her to be in a place where few have ever come close to reaching in college basketball history.

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 09:40 AM

Few as in NONE!! No man will come close because if they have that talent they will be in college one year. Then be instant millionaire the next in the NBA.
Posted By: Joe1

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 02:57 PM

so whos going to win sunday im betting it will be one of the biggest watched spports games watched college and pro both
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 02:58 PM

It will be a fun game to watch Joe, that's for sure! Go Hawks!
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 04:10 PM

Iowa has a pretty decent team even without her. But, she's an amazing shooter. She would be eligible for one more season with her Iowa team, but has elected to go with the WNBA instead. Good luck to her!
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 05:07 PM

She will probably take a pay cut to play in the WNBA.

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion

The way I understand it, she will get 70+ THOUSAND to play pro.
She will still have her NIT money plus even more endorsements , so she'll be well into the 7 figure market.

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion

Her pay will at least triple.

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 06:13 PM

Minimum is 63,000 SHE won't be making minimum
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 06:49 PM

I'm thinking I saw some place where the maximum rookie salary is 74,000.
Posted By: ou812

Re: Clark setting more records - 03/01/24 08:57 PM

She has already done more for women's basketball and sports in general in getting young ladies excited about sports and participating. She has done more for the Indiana team ticket sales, than any previous player, and she isn't even drafted yet. She impacts on the court, but bigger impacts off the court.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums