Home

New MN Bills

Posted By: Trapper7

New MN Bills - 02/27/24 03:54 PM

The MN democrats have brought forth some bills. One would make MN a sanctuary state. HF 2860.

Another bill HF 3570 would make it illegal to sell or transfer semi-automatic weapons.

HF 3628 would ban possession or transfer of certain rifles, even lists them by name. Magazines of 10 rounds or more would be outlawed.

There will be a hearing on this Thursday with the Public Safety Committee.

I got this info from Rep. Isaac Schultz. He's a republican from my district and opposes all this legislation.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 04:09 PM

We cant win an election .We cant lose these guys no matter what . If you look back in posts they were full of come take em and pry my cold dead hands of them . Well its here where are you guys that were so tuff . Still shoutin I lost mine in a boat accident .. Good luck with the black guns and any other Semi Auto
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 04:15 PM

Go West men!
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 04:20 PM

Naw, stay there.lol

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Go West men!

I've said it before, if I weren't so old, I would be moving to SD. It would be great to live in a common sense state. You guys have a great governor. Quite the opposite of the moron we have.
Posted By: Spike369

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 05:15 PM

Where are the silent tuff guys? Where you least expect them. They are the smart ones! But they are still here.

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 06:00 PM

This governor has been anti-gun since his first day in office. This is just the start. The shooting in Burnsville is an excuse to get these bills started. Only a fool wouldn't realize the bad guys will be the only ones with these weapons they want to ban. Are they that stupid to think limiting magazines to 10 rounds will stop criminals from having them?

The creep in Burnsville was a convicted felon, yet he had many firearms. Where do these democrats think he got them? Bad guys will always get them. All these laws if passed, will punish legal gun owners.
Posted By: Osagan

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Go West men!

I've said it before, if I weren't so old, I would be moving to SD. It would be great to live in a common sense state. You guys have a great governor.

She's purdy too!
Posted By: 160user

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 06:36 PM

The MN democrats have brought forth some bills. One would make MN a sanctuary state. HF 2860.

Another bill HF 3570 would make it illegal to sell or transfer semi-automatic weapons.

HF 3628 would ban possession or transfer of certain rifles, even lists them by name. Magazines of 10 rounds or more would be outlawed.

There will be a hearing on this Thursday with the Public Safety Committee.

I got this info from Rep. Isaac Schultz. He's a republican from my district and opposes all this legislation.

People haven't thought this through yet. Many folks think they are talking about "assault riffles" and don't realize that their Remington 742 Woodsmaster and Ruger 10/22 also fall into this category because they are CAPABLE of holding 10 rounds.

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 07:35 PM

Go West men!

I've said it before, if I weren't so old, I would be moving to SD. It would be great to live in a common sense state. You guys have a great governor. Quite the opposite of the moron we have.

That could change after any future elections the politician sellouts are out there it looks like we need fresh horses with the current butt kissers we have in DC now. Often the politicians represent the people until they decide to quit then sell out the same people to enrich themselves.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 08:58 PM

Go West men!

Seems unfair that we get run out because they dumped Somalis here to sway elections. They'll probably dump Mexicans out west to do the same eventually
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 09:06 PM

The Somali population is roughly 1.1 percent of the total MN population. They are swaying many if any elections.

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
The Somali population is roughly 1.1 percent of the total MN population. They are swaying many if any elections.

Toss the Hmong population in there and put the fear that republicans would stop immigration and what percentage of the Twin Cities would that come to I don’t know so I’m asking. That seems to be the plan when they flooded MN with so many refugees as the cities don’t represent the culture of the State. I say the Hmong thing in there from hearing what they say about Trump that’s not true.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 09:17 PM

State leaned left but it was purple. 1% was enough to turn it hard left. Look how many states are only 1% away from a change of direction in federal elections.

MN has certainly gone hard left compared to the Ventura and Pawlenty days (2011)
Posted By: bfflobo

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 09:24 PM

Many elections are being decided by the 1% due to mail in voting fraud. IMO of course. Oregon hasn't had a Republican governor since mail in began. Odd?
Posted By: tlguy

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 09:46 PM

I also heard they want to ban lead ammo for K-12 trap shooting events and practices.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 09:48 PM

Hmong population is roughly 94,000, Somalis, 65 thousand.

Exponentially more Scandinavians vote Democrat in MN than those two groups.

There are 65 thousand Jews in MN, ironically 70 percent of Jews vote D.

As states become more urban it's going to be very difficult to keep Republican majorities.
Posted By: Mando

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 09:50 PM

Hmong population is roughly 94,000, Somalis, 65 thousand.

Exponentially more Scandinavians vote Democrat in MN than those two groups.

There are 65 thousand Jews in MN, ironically 70 percent of Jews vote D.

As states become more urban it's going to be very difficult to keep Republican majorities.

Don't forget the dead people that vote too.
Posted By: Muskeg

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Spike369
Where are the silent tuff guys? Where you least expect them. They are the smart ones! But they are still here.

The deadliest vipers don’t rattle before they strike.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 10:11 PM

With Latz as the chair,it's pretty much pre-determined to pass out of committee. Long time gun grabber!
The key to defeating probably lies with rural dems. At least those that have kept their head out of their..
Posted By: gman

Re: New MN Bills - 02/27/24 10:54 PM

The gun issue is not looking to good. But I think us trappers are in for a few surprises too. Cross your fingers.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums