Home

Best knee high insulated rubber boots

Posted By: patrapper1989

Best knee high insulated rubber boots - 02/25/24 05:22 PM

I'm in the market for some new rubber boots, what do y'all like that lasts? Always liked muck with how comfy they are but they don't seem to last like they once did. I been eyeing up lacrosse, just looking for any input of boots that served you well or ones to stay away from. Thanks
Posted By: That.darn.coon

Re: Best knee high insulated rubber boots - 02/25/24 05:24 PM

Ya stay away from the muck boots

Get the Dryshod Men's Dungho Barnyard Tough Mid Waterproof Pull On Boots

https://www.sportsmans.com/footwear...8tIHHhAMVxAOtBh1_TwLmEAQYASABEgLAi_D_BwE
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Best knee high insulated rubber boots - 02/25/24 05:54 PM

Dryshod, only rubber boots I'll buy anymore. Love them.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Best knee high insulated rubber boots - 02/25/24 06:52 PM

I like the Cabela’s Octane boots I wait for a sale and they are way cheaper than LaCross boots and better built all around.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Best knee high insulated rubber boots - 02/25/24 07:04 PM

I wear Kamik Foresters as they are one of the only ones I can find in a 15

and I can walk in them well

not quite a knee boot but close

bought my first pair after getting the recommendation asking nearly this same question here a few years ago.
Posted By: Yellowstone

Re: Best knee high insulated rubber boots - 02/25/24 08:15 PM

DryShod Haymaker High is what I’ve been wearing almost everyday for 3 years. Only rubber that will last anymore. I even had the same boot made into dans hip boot cause I like them so much
Posted By: cathryn

Re: Best knee high insulated rubber boots - 02/25/24 08:26 PM

Dryshods by far.

Jerrys had all kinds of them and he said he's never had a better more.comfortanle pair of boots than the dryshods. That's all he'll buy now.

They're a little pricey but are worth it
Posted By: charles

Re: Best knee high insulated rubber boots - 02/25/24 08:30 PM

Many brands do not offer wide widths. I need 10W.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Best knee high insulated rubber boots - 02/25/24 09:03 PM

I had the dryshod 6" slip ons, the rubber in the bottom sections cracked in under a year, I have another pair, Hogwash 12" that's over 2 years and going strong, of course they don't seem to make that model anymore.
I've also had good luck with Kamiks. LaCrosse went bad when the Chinese started making them.
Posted By: patrapper1989

Re: Best knee high insulated rubber boots - 02/25/24 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
I like the Cabela’s Octane boots I wait for a sale and they are way cheaper than LaCross boots and better built all around.

I haven't had good luck with these. Tried 2 pair and both started leaking in about 3 months. Heavier than most and uncomfortable after minimal use. Maybe I got bad ones.
Posted By: Twisted metal

Re: Best knee high insulated rubber boots - 02/26/24 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
Dryshod, only rubber boots I'll buy anymore. Love them.

X2 best rubber boot I have ever owned and I have own a lot of them. Not big and bulky and rated to -50
Posted By: blackoak

Re: Best knee high insulated rubber boots - 02/26/24 12:47 AM

I agree about the China LaCrfoss boots. I had a pair of green USA LaCross Burley boots that lasted 10 years when they finally wore out. I bought another pair that I thought were just like them, but they were not. The new ones were China made and fell apart the first year I had them.
Posted By: wamp

Re: Best knee high insulated rubber boots - 02/26/24 02:41 AM

Dry shod are what I like. My feet sweat bad when walking around these boots breathe and me feet don't sweat and get cold after I stop for awhile
Posted By: JSell

Re: Best knee high insulated rubber boots - 02/27/24 04:09 PM

Check out Quatros - https://www.quatrooutdoors.com/ I used to wear them when I walked cows everyday and so did a lot of the dairy producers I worked with. I have a pair matched up with a set of Wicked Chaps that I have been using for going on 10 years. In the winter I add 5 screw in Grip Studs to each boot.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums