Home

What are some stupid things you heard about guns

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 02:34 AM

I heard many of them but at the top of the list a Dem California Politician held up an AR15 to the television cameras and said it can fire 30 bullets in one second. The sad part people will believe this kind of nonsense
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 02:36 AM

Blow the lungs out guess who said that
Posted By: ceelmo.trap

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 02:42 AM

The civilian AR is an full auto weapon
Posted By: jalstat

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 02:44 AM

AR15 most powerful rifle there is lol cap gun at best in my opinion
Posted By: KeithC

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 02:46 AM

A friend of mines girlfriend brought her beautiful cousin to an event we were at. I think she wanted her cousin to meet me. In an amazingly short period of time, the girl talked way more than she should of about pointless stuff and liberal crap. At one point she proudly stated "I don't believe in guns." I replied "And yet they still exist." and walked off and ignored her after that.

Keith
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Blow the lungs out guess who said that

Yep, Sniffy.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 03:14 AM

Countries that outlawed guns don't have any more crime
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 03:21 AM

people dont hunt deer with them as they cause to much damage talking about ar's

sign at the VA hospital that said "for your safety no firearms knives or other weapons allowed"
Posted By: clintp1971

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 03:30 AM

Grandpa trapper , I saw the same thing. I believe there was a woman who said we had heat seeking “incendiary “ bullets!! The real travesty is that nobody in the room either knew the truth or had the guts to call her out!!!!
Posted By: KYBOY

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 03:58 AM

Unloaded guns have shot people.... Ive told every hunters ed class Ive taught.. Unloaded guns never shot anyone, that's why we unload guns for safety, and for that matter no gun has ever shot anyone. The person holding it does that..
Posted By: Vinke

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 04:36 AM

What do you need another one for…..
Posted By: 20scout

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 05:50 AM

You'll shoot your eye out!
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 09:24 AM

They kill people.
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 12:21 PM

I will respectfully disagree with "unloaded guns don't kill people". Many accidents are with presumed to be unloaded firearms. The problem is, thinking it's unloaded, people think it's safe and forget the rules of gun safety.

Dumbest thing I can remember hearing? ... I'm going to switch it to fully semi automatic. Said by some high ranking military guy on live TV
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 12:48 PM

Not a particular saying just many people assume if you're knowledgeable on guns you must have been in the military. While the Truth is a very small amount of people in the military know very much about guns other than what they are given and even then outside snipers, special operations and country born people it's very limited.
Posted By: Guss

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 01:17 PM

They load themselves
They go thru armor
I can't remember all the stupid this said
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 01:42 PM

" you're equipping people to be criminals"

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 02:02 PM

Yep we are all human. Treat every gun like its loaded is good advice. My dad taught me and I taught my kids, when cleaning first check to be sure its unloaded. Then take it apart while pointing it in a safe direction. Lock the bolt back on semis or remove it on bolt guns. On semi's be aware of where its pointing while its disassembled for cleaning.
Posted By: Yooper1978

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 02:05 PM

“Guns Kill”
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by USMC47 🦫
They kill people.

X2
Posted By: canebrake

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 02:17 PM

Jesse Jackson said an AR-15 can take down an airplane.

Shelia Jackson Lee said an AR-15 is as heavy as ten boxes you might be moving and shoots a 50 cal bullet.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Trap Setter
I will respectfully disagree with "unloaded guns don't kill people". Many accidents are with presumed to be unloaded firearms. The problem is, thinking it's unloaded, people think it's safe and forget the rules of gun safety.

Dumbest thing I can remember hearing? ... I'm going to switch it to fully semi automatic. Said by some high ranking military guy on live TV

Unloaded means just that , No ammo in the chamber or in the mag. try and shoot yourself with that .
Posted By: Philip Stancel

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 02:53 PM

My favorite was a newscaster talking about a 45 mm handgun.
Posted By: Knappett

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 03:06 PM

"Turkish shotguns are top notch quality" lol!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 03:18 PM

fully semi Auto
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by canebrake

so does a goose sucked into a jet engine on take off. setting a low standard there.

I am sure if you tossed a 30 inch pipe in a jet engine it would also bring down the plane.

maybe we should use guns to clear geese from runways it seems a lot more likely that geese fly into jet engines than expensive AR-15 rifles.

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Knappett
"Turkish shotguns are top notch quality" lol!

did they start a brand named top notch quality?
Posted By: KYBOY

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Snowpa
Originally Posted by Trap Setter

Unloaded means just that , No ammo in the chamber or in the mag. try and shoot yourself with that .

exactly, thats the point. Its not possible...If it discharged it was loaded.. Now I understand why folks use the anology, its just not a good one because it often confuses new shooters.. We as old shooters understand it, new ones often dont and I mean that literally.... Instead of saying "people have been shot with unloaded gun" say " folks have been shot with guns they thought were unloaded".... Just my opinion anyway
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by canebrake

so does a goose sucked into a jet engine on take off. setting a low standard there.

I am sure if you tossed a 30 inch pipe in a jet engine it would also bring down the plane.

maybe we should use guns to clear geese from runways it seems a lot more likely that geese fly into jet engines than expensive AR-15 rifles.

Jesse Jackson is one of the biggest morons to ever draw a breath.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by trapdog1

Nope,

AL Sharpton is head & shoulders above Jessie on the Moron Meter !!! laugh

w
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed
Originally Posted by trapdog1

Nope,

AL Sharpton is head & shoulders above Jessie on the Moron Meter !!! laugh

w

Can't argue with you there!

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by KYBOY
Unloaded guns have shot people.... Ive told every hunters ed class Ive taught.. Unloaded guns never shot anyone, that's why we unload guns for safety, and for that matter no gun has ever shot anyone. The person holding it does that..

several ways to approach that with students
Unloaded guns don't shoot people. But guns people though were unloaded fired and that happens way to often for a number of reasons.
Level of training be darned because a lot of cops have had NDs some even in public places on film for us to see what they did wrong.

class , what do they call it when you point a loaded gun at someone head and pull the trigger? answer: Murder

class , What do you call it when you point a gun you think is unloaded at someone and pull the trigger and it wasn't unloaded?
answer : it can have a few different names but negligent homicide or something to that effect.
the only difference is intent the person is still just as dead.

Everyone gets tired everyone makes mistakes , everyone.
So all of our safety rules are layered so that you have to break multiple safety rules.

Treat every gun as loaded.
Alwasy keep the muzzle in a safe direction.
Be sure of your target and what is beyond.
Keep your finger out of the trigger guard until your sights are on the target

then we unpack what each of those mean beyond saying them.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by KYBOY

I've told that to the firearms classes I've taught as well. But, it's to remind people that it's not OK to expect a firearm to be unloaded because people have been shot by a gun they "thought" was unloaded. That's why you need to check every firearm to make sure it's unloaded.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 05:23 PM

Nancy Pelosi when referring to an AR15 once said, "These are the same weapons soldiers take into battle."

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 05:28 PM

I wonder who told Nancy it was bad if civilians had access to any firearm they wanted?
Posted By: harrison72

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 06:43 PM

Sleepy Joe said " nobody needs a gun that holds 30 rounds in the chamber".
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 09:47 PM

More than 600 people die everyday as a result of firearms violence, which is driven by easy access to firearms. "Amnesty International". They neglect to say that the vast majority of these deaths are in countries where gun ownership is already banned. Google FBI crime statistics in the U.S. and way more people are killed by hands and feet than "assault" weapons, or all guns.

Re: What are some stupid things you heard about guns - 02/25/24 10:32 PM

you will hear numbers like 40K people die to gun violence in the US as a reason to ban semi auto rifles.
they are using 36K suicides to get that 40K number for the number killed

meaning 90% only needed a single shot to do their deed and it was self inflicted and intentional.

of all 40K only 600 used a rifle of any type single shot , semi , bolt , pump , lever so 1.5% of deaths in the US involve a rifle including suicides
© 2024 Trapperman Forums