Home

Trap shed rules

Posted By: duck45

Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 03:54 PM

Just wondering if anybody even reads the rules on trap shed any more? Seeing more and more people posting non allowed replys. Also numerous posts over the 3 post limit. And its not just new people that don't read the rules but long time members who should be aware of the rules. Not looking for any arguments just posting an observation.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 04:25 PM

Breakin the law breakin the law !!!!!!
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 04:40 PM

Yeah, I mentioned that a couple times to responders last week.

Rule Number 8.
Posted By: CTRAPS

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 04:46 PM

I'm sure a moderator would take care of the issue if they were made aware of it.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 05:41 PM

We are a lawless bunch
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 05:42 PM

I think there is also an unwritten rule about:

NO WHINING !!! laugh

w
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed
I think there is also an unwritten rule about:

NO WHINING !!! laugh

w

And no tattling! grin
Posted By: foxhunter52

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 05:47 PM

Agreed, we don't need monitor monitors.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 05:47 PM

Posted By: walleyed

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 06:02 PM

Darn shiftless, naughty trap peddlers !!! laugh

Somebody should launch an investigation !!! whistle

w
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed
Darn shiftless, naughty trap peddlers !!! laugh

Somebody should launch an investigation !!! whistle

w

I agree..... I've seen more than a few over value their property on there.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 06:48 PM

Snitches get stitches! grin
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 06:51 PM

Bad, Bad sellers! - Bring this up with one of the Mods - They will fill you in how they go about it
Posted By: JEckman

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 07:05 PM

People with stitches are female dogs
Posted By: white17

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by duck45
Just wondering if anybody even reads the rules on trap shed any more? Seeing more and more people posting non allowed replys. Also numerous posts over the 3 post limit. And its not just new people that don't read the rules but long time members who should be aware of the rules. Not looking for any arguments just posting an observation.

Rule 8 seems to be the one that trips a lot of folks. Newbies especially but old members too because they are used to just replying to a thread on this forum...............and they fail to read the rules.

Oftentimes some poster will APPEAR to have more than three threads going but if you look closely you will see that a couple will be locked. The locked threads still show on the page but do not count against the three post limit.

Wheelers is on top of this stuff at all times.
Posted By: Hanger

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 07:38 PM

It’s hard to gauge what traps are going for, I looked in previous posts for the price of #1 stoploss and there is a wide range. I figured mine ($5 per trap) was reasonable, but it’s difficult to guess a fair price.
Is there a website out there that has a price range for used traps?
I looked at eBay and there prices are way higher then the ones I found in the trap shed.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 08:03 PM

It's ironic that crusty ol white guys who idolize the founders of the fur industry in North America, would be such slaves to "The Rules".

The reason mountain men were even a thing, is because they were as averse to "the rules", as cats are to a bath.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by gcs
Snitches get stitches! grin

And turn into ?.

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 09:31 PM

Dang that girl KAREN is everywhere
Posted By: 160user

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by duck45

Whiskey often plays a key role in breaking the rules.
Posted By: Crowfoot

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 10:12 PM

Never understood why ? Just clutters up the listings I recon ? However, it does actually make it very easy to navigate the ads, I really DO like that aspect of it.
A different forum demands the exact opposite.
I will comply ... no problem. I don't make rules, I follow them (married w/children) smile
Posted By: dustytinner

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 10:45 PM

Why can't they make it so ONLY the poster can post their for sale stuff? Then there would be no #8 rule breaking and the mods could get a break too@
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 10:49 PM

Ain't that big of a deal...

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Seem it just might be.
Was threatened to be banned for life for a second infringement as a new bee.
Appeared somewhat draconian ... at the time.

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Crowfoot

Seem it just might be.
Was threatened to be banned for life for a second infringement as a new bee.
Appeared somewhat draconian ... at the time.

Did you learn from it? And being banned from posting on the trap shed forum is different than being banned from Trapperman all together.

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by dustytinner
Why can't they make it so ONLY the poster can post their for sale stuff? Then there would be no #8 rule breaking and the mods could get a break too@

That isn't an option for administrators. Plus, it seems simple enough to just read and follow the rules. lol
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 11:17 PM

I have done it a few times. Usually over all the excitement)))))))!!!!! This site is great. Easy to use. Thanks Paul and moderators for a great site. Much appreciated!!!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 11:17 PM

That isn't an option for administrators. Plus, it seems simple enough to just read and follow the rules. lol

Did you forget this is tman we're talking about? LOL Bunch of danged ol outlaws on here.

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 11:21 PM

Angela, I figure most of them can read though... Wheelers will deal with the scofflaws. laugh All I do is lock threads with the three replies, marked sold, or older than 30 days.
Posted By: patrapper1989

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 11:28 PM

Sounds like a liberal. More rules and laws fixes everything! Who cares, does it really bother you that much?

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by patrapper1989

Sounds like a liberal. More rules and laws fixes everything! Who cares, does it really bother you that much?

YOU'RE A DANDY!
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Crowfoot
Never understood why ? Just clutters up the listings I recon ? However, it does actually make it very easy to navigate the ads, I really DO like that aspect of it.
A different forum demands the exact opposite.
I will comply ... no problem. I don't make rules, I follow them (married w/children) smile

Same here . I buy and sell truck parts on another site . ALL deals are done on the open forum for all to see except for private payment information is done through PM

This has helped prevent scams , shady deals , and has exposed crooks , non - payers , non- shippers , maggots , etc

Also keeps first in line .....first in line

But that's another site , NOT this site .......I'm thinking I'll get ban for life if I buy/ sell something here
Posted By: wheelers

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 11:42 PM

Because it doesn't leave an option for bumping his own post

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/20/24 11:45 PM

Thanks Wheelers for the explanation!
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 12:00 AM

Well here this will give you something to talk about. When I first joined I did not read the rules close enough for the crowd that watches the trap shed like a hawk wanting to swoop in on it's pray if they make a mistake. I though that since buyers could put items on the shed that they want to buy without a price they pay then a seller could list an item for sale without a price also.
WOW BIG MISTAKE! I was banded for life not even given a warning. Like I told the mod. that's ok I just a had a couple extra tanned furs to sell but I sure do not need trapperman to sell them. Well I been in jail like for 4 years now without parole. I guess it's ok that there are people who sell things on there for a profit on a regular basis but do not contribute to any other forum on trapperman just use it to make money . And by the way I don't care if I ever sell anything there so put that in your pipe and smoke it. If they do reinstate me I will NEVER sell one thing on there without an apology for being treated like crap.

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 12:04 AM

So much hostility on this thread lol.

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 12:05 AM

laugh

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

You probably can relate to the banning for life thing.
Posted By: patrapper1989

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Slick Pan
Well here this will give you something to talk about. When I first joined I did not read the rules close enough for the crowd that watches the trap shed like a hawk wanting to swoop in on it's pray if they make a mistake. I though that since buyers could put items on the shed that they want to buy without a price they pay then a seller could list an item for sale without a price also.
WOW BIG MISTAKE! I was banded for life not even given a warning. Like I told the mod. that's ok I just a had a couple extra tanned furs to sell but I sure do not need trapperman to sell them. Well I been in jail like for 4 years now without parole. I guess it's ok that there are people who sell things on there for a profit on a regular basis but do not contribute to any other forum on trapperman just use it to make money . And by the way I don't care if I ever sell anything there so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Oh good so I'm not the only one😁

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

You probably can relate to the banning for life thing.

LOL. I know a little about it.

I know if someone gets banned in the shed, PMs wheelers, and says they didn't notice the rule, he usually lets them back on. But PMing him and saying I don't need your stinkin' trap shed probably doesn't have the same result lol.

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 12:11 AM

grin

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 12:13 AM

Never talked to Wheelers .It was another moderator whose name I shall not disclose because I may end up being banned here also.
Posted By: elsmasho82

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 12:23 AM

I keep thinking about Cider House Rules when I read this post. Please do not eat your lunch on the roof!

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 04:32 AM

Wheelers is the guy you need to talk to. And if you go at him with attitude vs. asking kindly, it just may not work for you. I don't have the powers to ban anyone here, not sure how many of the moderators do, and I don't care either.
Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 09:03 AM

Before #8 the shed was a mess imho.

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 11:02 AM

I wouldn’t think the trap shed forum would be so complicated. Treat it like a newspaper ad. You list something in paper you don’t take out an ad to ask seller questions. You send message via listed communication or a phone call.

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
I wouldn’t think the trap shed forum would be so complicated. Treat it like a newspaper ad. You list something in paper you don’t take out an ad to ask seller questions. You send message via listed communication or a phone call.

Good point !
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 01:02 PM

I thought this was about rules in your own trap shed lol

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 01:16 PM

Never talked to Wheelers .It was another moderator whose name I shall not disclose because I may end up being banned here also.

I fixed it for you
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 01:51 PM

I was banned once, the very first time I used the trap shed, I posted on the shed site, I believe, didn't understand the private message thing, not great at computer stuff. I messaged Wheelers, and he explained and cleared it up. I am nervous still every time I send someone a message. LOL
Posted By: Crappiekiller

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 01:56 PM

If my wife saw this thread, she would break every rule just to get me banned. The Trap Shed has cost me some $$$. But I have been introduced to some fine folks and gotten some good gear.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 02:13 PM

I belong to a mini truck site that won’t allow you to even edit your listings that’s a pain when trying to manage your listings after selling items. If you have multiple listing it’s really a pain managing the older listing that could have been closed or marked sold.
Posted By: jk

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 02:19 PM

We need to get funding to start a committee to look into this flagrant violation of the rules. Elect a chairman at a salary with full benefits and a retirement plan eyes dental etc perks. and then get a board of examiners to work under his command. We need to get to the bottom of this......jk
Posted By: Maddog47

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 02:32 PM

To the best of my knowledge only Paul and Wheelers can ban anyone so to blame another moderator just aint right.

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Maddog47
To the best of my knowledge only Paul and Wheelers can ban anyone so to blame another moderator just aint right.

White17

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Maddog47

wheelers explained it

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 05:55 PM

The thing is it was not White17 who initiated the banning but some others hawks who name shall remain euonymus but I do remember who they are and one for sure is still on Trapperman. One being a prominent user that everyone would know. I mean if that's all you got to do is sit on the computer trying to find fault with something or someone just so you can rat on the person that made a mistake well -----. I will leave it there.

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Broomchaser
Before #8 the shed was a mess imho.

X2 Some may not remember what a zoo it was before #8

People would reply to the OP by asking for pictures, dimensions shipping methods and costs. Then someone would make a low-ball offer. Next, someone would make an offer in between the ask and the bid. Then there would be arguments about who made the best offer first.

All that ended when all communications went to PM only. If you look at your PM's you will see they are each time-stamped. No more arguments about who was first and it saves a lot of back & forth bickering in the original thread. It also puts a responsibility on the original poster to respond to PM's in a timely manner

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 07:09 PM

The thing is it was not White17 who initiated the banning but some others hawks who name shall remain euonymus but I do remember who they are and one for sure is still on Trapperman. One being a prominent user that everyone would know. I mean if that's all you got to do is sit on the computer trying to find fault with something or someone just so you can rat on the person that made a mistake well -----. I will leave it there.

So it wasn't me, wheelers, or white17. That narrows it down ...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Maddog47

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 07:13 PM

Well it wasn't Maddog47 I assure you
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 07:55 PM

No idea here either. Seems fairly easy to follow the few rules and when you get out of bounds admit it and live with the consequences. Don't like the ruled then don't use the feature. BTW wasn't me. I can't ban but I can recommend. Witch I have sometimes.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 09:55 PM

No offense intended to any who have replied but the words of a Beatles song come to mind:

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

Chris grin

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 10:03 PM

I agree Hodag.

No big deal here. The OP was just mentioning a valid observation. No harm no foul.

And a few misfits even got to inject an attempt at humor. laugh

And Slick Pan got his Trap Shed permissions back.

The world is spinning in greased grooves.
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Trap shed rules - 02/21/24 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by white17
I agree Hodag.

No big deal here. The OP was just mentioning a valid observation. No harm no foul.

And a few misfits even got to inject an attempt at humor. laugh

And Slick Pan got his Trap Shed permissions back.

The world is spinning in greased grooves.

Sounds like a good outcome!

Chris
© 2024 Trapperman Forums