Home

Man size clothes not fat size?

Posted By: Providence Farm

Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 02:15 AM

Ok so I'm 5' 8" 206lb can get a pinch at the middle now I'm in my 40s but don't think I'm fat just a little out of shape for sure. I have wide shoulders and thick chest and back. So I need XL jackets so I don't feel like il going to rip the back out when I move. The problem is there is so much extra material in the middle around the stomach it bunched up when sitting. I could remove 12" of material and still have extra.

So does anyone make durable outdoor wear that is made in man size shoulder size but not also for those with an extra 40lb in the middle? My jacket is getting rough and today the zipper stopped working so it's time to replace it. But I would like to find something that fits my shoulders without room for a basket ball in the belly.

Any suggestions on brands to look at?
Posted By: uplandpointer

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 02:24 AM

Try tall size. Sometimes tall sizes have little extra all
around.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 02:28 AM

Ummmmm
Drink more beer?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 02:28 AM

Just get your local seamstress to take it in a bit at the middle.

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Just get your local seamstress to take it in a bit at the middle.

I asked her and she was not sure how it would turn out with the elastic around the wast and liner with this one when it was new. Guess now that it's time to trash it would be good for her to practice on. Can't get any more local than my wife after all.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 02:49 AM

Duluth used to have (maybe still do) a Trim Fit size in their flannels. Pretty much what you are looking for. Fit good through chest and shoulders, but not an extra yard to try to tuck into pants. Not sure if their jackets are that way or not.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 03:35 AM

6' 2" 275
xxl glove
15 EE boot

need a 3XL , sometimes a 3XLT
I even have a few 4X shirts especially if anyone calls it sport cut to get my shoulders and chest in to not be like "fat guy in a little coat"

and yes you end up with a tent around your middle

which I guess if you have a 45 in your belt isn't all bad other than it is so loose it blows around or the bigger issue is it is big but just makes the belt thus the need for 3XLT

Dickies have to be about the worst their 3xl is cut for a 5' guy with a 55 inch waist.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 04:33 AM

Im 6’00 225 and the loose fit cut (not regular or relaxed) carhartt stuff fits me well in a size large. The xl is exactly like you say in that cut-huge through the gut. I wear xl in nearly every other brand, but some are even tight through the shoulders and arm pit. Some call carhartt woke for several reasons, but their stuff fits and lasts.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 04:50 AM

The average man wears a 42'' coat and pants with a 38" waist and a 33" inseam. I wear a 64" coat and pants with a 40" waist and 27" inseam. If I had normal length legs for my torso length, I would be 6' 5". I have to turn slightly sideways to go through most doorways. I have a hard time finding clothes that fit well too.

I wear 7 1/2 quadruple to quintuple E shoes and 2XL gloves, but the fingers are way to long. My head is enormous. I have a hard time finding a ball cap that will fit.

I basically got Sicilian legs stuck on a mostly Scandinavian torso.

Keith
Posted By: iayogi17

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 02:39 PM

dude, your fat

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
The average man wears a 42'' coat and pants with a 38" waist and a 33" inseam. I wear a 64" coat and pants with a 40" waist and 27" inseam. If I had normal length legs for my torso length, I would be 6' 5". I have to turn slightly sideways to go through most doorways. I have a hard time finding clothes that fit well too.

I wear 7 1/2 quadruple to quintuple E shoes and 2XL gloves, but the fingers are way to long. My head is enormous. I have a hard time finding a ball cap that will fit.

I basically got Sicilian legs stuck on a mostly Scandinavian torso.

Keith

a 7 1/2 4E its almost as wide as it it long

was going to tell you about 4E hats then I looked and most anything over 2x is out of stock

another place to look https://bighatstore.com/

I need right about an 8 for hat size

thankfully after years of knit winter hats ridding up no matter what I did , my wife knits me perfectly sized for me winter hats.
she has to adjust basically every pattern when doing so none of them go big enough so she will knit the band then have me try it on and then she pulls it out and adds the number of extra needed at cast-on to make it right
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 02:59 PM

Lots of oddly shaped individuals…….
Posted By: gcs

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 03:00 PM

Seeing how most clothes are made overseas it's become a crap shoot if anything fits right.
Apparently sizing standards are just a suggestion now.
frown
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by uplandpointer
Try tall size. Sometimes tall sizes have little extra all
around.

What I do ^

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Vinke

I am just glad my feet are close enough to the same size
I was at the shoe box a couple weeks ago and the lady was telling me how many people go there because they will have one foot that is a 10 and the other a 12 so they have to buy 2 pair every time just to toss out half of each pair.

I was thinking I had it bad looking for 15EE
buying 2 pair every time would suck

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

I am just glad my feet are close enough to the same size
I was at the shoe box a couple weeks ago and the lady was telling me how many people go there because they will have one foot that is a 10 and the other a 12 so they have to buy 2 pair every time just to toss out half of each pair.

I was thinking I had it bad looking for 15EE
buying 2 pair every time would suck

Girl at work has 15 on one side and a 10 or 11 on the other
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Ok so I'm 5' 8" 206lb can get a pinch at the middle now I'm in my 40s but don't think I'm fat just a little out of shape for sure. I have wide shoulders and thick chest and back. So I need XL jackets so I don't feel like il going to rip the back out when I move. The problem is there is so much extra material in the middle around the stomach it bunched up when sitting. I could remove 12" of material and still have extra.

So does anyone make durable outdoor wear that is made in man size shoulder size but not also for those with an extra 40lb in the middle? My jacket is getting rough and today the zipper stopped working so it's time to replace it. But I would like to find something that fits my shoulders without room for a basket ball in the belly.

Huntworth clothing has super good quality clothing and a generous cut for people like you. www.huntworthgear.com
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

It's called a jogging suit laugh
Posted By: MJM

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 03:52 PM

I wonder if they ever thought about joining the circus.
Posted By: ceelmo.trap

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 03:53 PM

Get the King size catalog they shpuld be of help.
Posted By: Rusty Axe Camp

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 04:31 PM

I'm interested to see what you find. I'm in the same boat.

6' 220# with 48 chest and 36" waist.

Dress clothes I can get slim or "fitted" cut stuff.

Everything else I have to get XL or XXl to fit my shoulders and chest but then the waist is way too big.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 05:55 PM

I went to tall sizes so i don't look like a inexperienced plumber at work. Nobody needs to see that.
Posted By: farmnhunt

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rusty Axe Camp
I'm interested to see what you find. I'm in the same boat.

6' 220# with 48 chest and 36" waist.

Dress clothes I can get slim or "fitted" cut stuff.

Everything else I have to get XL or XXl to fit my shoulders and chest but then the waist is way too big.

Same here except I dropped down to 205 following my Doctors diet plan. And 60 acres of timber stand improvement. Best I can find is western stores that have large talls. I'm not the cowboy hat type but the clothes fit better.
Posted By: Rusty Axe Camp

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/20/24 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by farmnhunt
Same here except I dropped down to 205 following my Doctors diet plan. And 60 acres of timber stand improvement. Best I can find is western stores that have large talls. I'm not the cowboy hat type but the clothes fit better.

I'm a huge fan of Large Tall shirts. Jump to XL and its like 3' wide. Stuff's cut for the KoolAid man
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/22/24 12:40 AM

Learn to sew!

Twenty years ago I picked up a decent home sewing machine and now everything fits perfectly.

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/22/24 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by T-Rex
Learn to sew!

Twenty years ago I picked up a decent home sewing machine and now everything fits perfectly.

I have from cheep entry level sewing machines up to muti thousands of dollar swiss machines I have bought my wife. But she has things she loves kes to make and others she has never tried. Her time is limited and she had not fired them up for more than a quick fix in 7 years or so.

Being I will have 24 hrs off maybe only 20hr if I come in early so 19 to 15 hrs for the week at home after drive time since I travel for work and will be cut some wood and trying to get things I'm behind on in all my spare time I don't see me taking up sewing. But if I had time I could help my wife finish here sewing room so maybe she might get back to it sometime. She never messed with men's clothing mostly custom kids stuff when my daughter was small.

It's a the best idea yet just hard to get pulled off. Every time I think I'm close to cutting back hours something comes up.

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/23/24 02:34 PM

I didn't mean to imply that I make anything from scratch,

I still try to buy stuff close to my size and take it in just enough enhance my gorgeous body.

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/23/24 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by T-Rex
I didn't mean to imply that I make anything from scratch,

I still try to buy stuff close to my size and take it in just enough enhance my gorgeous body.

I completely understand. That's probably why my wife has not fixed my jackets. Does not want me to have to deal with turning down all the ladies that would be making passes at me.

Re: Man size clothes not fat size? - 02/24/24 03:22 AM

Turning down?

Dang. that's something I never thought of.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums