Home

Ford maverick

Posted By: trapjunkie

Ford maverick - 02/19/24 10:47 PM

Anybody own one? Spotted a 2022 with 18,000 miles and the 2.0 turbo. Are they any good? Their asking 30,000.
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Ford maverick - 02/19/24 10:52 PM

Don’t know but I see a lot of them around
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Ford maverick - 02/19/24 10:53 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Ford maverick - 02/19/24 10:55 PM

I worked with a guy that has a Ford Maverick Grabber. He owned it from new. It has a 302 and a four speed. He will be buried in it.
Posted By: PineDoggin

Re: Ford maverick - 02/19/24 11:10 PM

I thought they were supposed to be reasonably priced, for what there asking I'd rather buy a tacoma.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 12:43 AM

Ordered one in August 2023 and just got a confirmation build date scheduled for first week in April. I know a few people that have them and they love um. Some of them have the gas/electric and are getting in the 40 MPG range.

The one I'm getting will be in the upper 20's MPG. Mine is a plain jane except for the 4K tow package everything is beefed up with trany cooler, large radiator etc.. Mine is <27K.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by randall brannon
I worked with a guy that has a Ford Maverick Grabber. He owned it from new. It has a 302 and a four speed. He will be buried in it.

I had a chance years ago to take one for a spin. Nice ride , no problem merging with traffic on the highway. Little car , big engine grin
Posted By: trapjunkie

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 01:31 AM

The pickup. lol.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 01:33 AM

We have several at work, they seem like a decent little truck-like vehicle.Theyre a Ford Escape with a different body, and escapes are good vehicles. For what most people use a truck for, they'll work just fine.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 01:46 AM

I need to buy another vehicle and looked hard at the Mavericks online and on YouTube. None of the dealers near me had any Mavericks available to look at in person. I am not going to order a truck I can't test drive one of first

The wait to get a Maverick can be very long apparently.

Keith
Posted By: waggler

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov
[Linked Image]

That's what I was picturing, kind of a low point for Ford.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 01:51 AM

Yep. Not sure why they would want to resurrect that name ....lol

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by waggler
Originally Posted by AntiGov
[Linked Image]

That's what I was picturing, kind of a low point for Ford.

His is the Grabber. It is red with Black stripes has the 302 4 speed and a Black wing on the back all factory. It also only has 87,000 miles on it. His mother co-signed it for him when he got his first job underground. He made the payments. It is his treasure.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 02:56 AM

The new ford Maverick "truck" is not a truck.
It is unibody with no real frame like the Honda ridgeline.
If you want a good little truck try the new ranger.
Got a 22 model,and love it.Use it on the trapline,skidoo and bike fits in the box,and its great in the city too and with the ecoboost engine its great on the highway.
Its good on gas as long as you dont have a heavy foot,only drawback is the small gas tank.
Posted By: uplandpointer

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
The new ford Maverick "truck" is not a truck.
It is unibody with no real frame like the Honda ridgeline.
If you want a good little truck try the new ranger.
Got a 22 model,and love it.Use it on the trapline,skidoo and bike fits in the box,and its great in the city too and with the ecoboost engine its great on the highway.
Its good on gas as long as you dont have a heavy foot,only drawback is the small gas tank.

How good is good on gas?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 04:47 AM

Does around 10-11 ltrs per 100km
Posted By: EdP

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 12:33 PM

My thought exactly. I worked for Ohio Edison in the late `70s and had to drive the original Mavericks on business occasionally. Between the poor company maintenance (bald tires) and inherent poor design of the vehicle, I felt lucky to survive each trip in one. I guess the target market is young enough they don't remember the original.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 01:00 PM

We have 4 rangers on the farm. I really like them. 16-17 miles per gallon stop and start and around 23 on the highway. Looked at the maverick but thought farm work was way to heavy for them.
Posted By: midlander

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 01:07 PM

The old Mavericks were definitely not Ford's best creation

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by EdP

My thought exactly. I worked for Ohio Edison in the late `70s and had to drive the original Mavericks on business occasionally. Between the poor company maintenance (bald tires) and inherent poor design of the vehicle, I felt lucky to survive each trip in one. I guess the target market is young enough they don't remember the original.

Because the Maverick Grabbers were known to grab your pocketbook
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 04:51 PM

Bought a 1970 Maverick, off the show room floor, for $1600. Got hit four different times by CARELESS WOMEN drivers.

The fourth time was a doozy. The old bag made a left turn from the far lane at an intersection, and T Boned me in the far lane headed the other way.

Replaced it with a 72 Mustang off the show room floor for $3200.

Wish I still had the Mustang.

The Maverick, not so much. No frame, unibody construction, folded like a beer can. sick

Charlie
Posted By: Machias

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 05:11 PM

I had a bright yellow 1972, 4 dr, Ford Maverick that was my trapping vehicle in High School. smile
Posted By: learch

Re: Ford maverick - 02/20/24 07:17 PM

When I was a kid we had an early seventies model. I could almost beat it in a 40 yard dash.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums