Home

Burnsville, MN Cop Shooting

Posted By: corky

Burnsville, MN Cop Shooting - 02/18/24 05:11 PM

Apparently near twin cities. 2 officers and a paramedic killed

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesota-police-officers-paramedic-killed-responding-domestic-incident
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/18/24 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by corky

Never ending
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/18/24 11:17 PM

Young guys, too. if someone smarter than I could post their pics that would be great.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/18/24 11:29 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: snowy

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/18/24 11:32 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesot...ding-burnsville-domestic-call-identified
Posted By: Law Dog

Godspeed men.

Now for the Tman cop haters to justify the shooting..

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson

Don’t waste your time on them.
Posted By: dogdown

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 12:19 AM

Domestic situations is one of the most deadlest encounters for law enforcement. The last Cedar Rapids, Iowa officer killed in the line of duty was 1984 while responding to a domestic dispute. 3 years on the force, killed by a 12 guage shotgun.
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 12:52 AM

Unreal!!
When is the tipping point coming?

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 01:06 AM

I think we are tipping already
Posted By: Reaperman

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 01:26 AM

Now our Minnesota senators are crying outrage over the shootings. A couple years ago, they were all for defunding the police. I'm embarrassed for the state I live in. I wish this POS shooter would get the chair and fast. If he wanted to shoot someone today, he should have started with himself !!
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 01:50 AM

I had to read it on a different website. I dont want to give fox my email.

Article I read said the murderer did kill himself. Didn't say anything about family members he held hostage except to say thats why they were called.

Real tragedy those cops and the medic died.

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 01:51 AM

Any " color/ ethnicity of the shooter.?

the dang Dems are doing a fine job uniting this country ain't they?
Posted By: thgreenwing

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 01:52 AM

Cop haters are law breakers

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Reaperman
Now our Minnesota senators are crying outrage over the shootings. A couple years ago, they were all for defunding the police. I'm embarrassed for the state I live in. I wish this POS shooter would get the chair and fast. If he wanted to shoot someone today, he should have started with himself !!

That Omar chick is probably wringing her hands and grinning.
( just guessing) .

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 02:01 AM

He was barricaded with his large family since his family was not killed/injured I figured he suck started his gun.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by thgreenwing

Now now a lot of the cop haters hate the law breaking cops and can't or don't septate good from bad and pump them all together. And to be fair to them even the good ones often help the bad cover up their civil rights and use of force violations.

So if you think not trusting or liking cops is a crime Nazi Germany has a spot for you.

Edit to clarify I personally don't dislike most law enforcement. Just the ones on a power trip and comiting crime. My former sheriff currently has over 20 criminal charges and his wife 5 or 6. Currently they are looking into his kids banking/spending. Last I saw in his 8 years as sheriff they are up to 900k of money in accounted for or spent in appropriate ways to benefit himself. Is he guilty I have no idea. Just one local to me example of likely misconduct by our Top cop. It shines a negative light on the sheriff's department. The new guy I voted for seems good to go but was endorsed by the former sheriff when he was running prior to the allegations coming out about the former sheriff.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 03:58 AM

My brother was LE in a small city of about 8K for 33 years. He still does PT LE work for a township. Domestic calls were the most unpredictible he stated and the majority involved alcohol, firearms and drugs which is a poor mix.

Bryce
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 04:25 AM

God Speed Officers and paramedic
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 12:57 PM

Rest easy guys
Posted By: Dirk

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 01:19 PM

I grew up and lived in Burnsville in the 80s and 90s, great place to live and go to school. Sounds like it's gone downhill in the last 15 years.

Heart brakes for the first responders and their families, sad day
Posted By: corky

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 01:29 PM

Interesting that the killer has not been identified yet
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 01:47 PM

And the type of gun. Must not be a black one.

Cops are behind the 8 ball to start out. Have to be reactive assessment of the situation at the speed of thought after the perp has made it's move. Add in they are likely to end up in prison the even if they did nothing wrong like George Floyd cops that adds even more hesitation. And that will get them killed

3 young men wont be going home to their families all for no good reason. I can't imagine waking up to that news.
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 01:54 PM

I am surprised the Minnesota Government has not called forl ooting and rioting.....YET!!!
Posted By: Osky

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/19/24 03:14 PM

Felon with guns. A black guy. Messages posted in the past about wanting to kill white people. Flat out sad loss of life.

Osky
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/20/24 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Osky

Felon with guns. A black guy. Messages posted in the past about wanting to kill white people. Flat out sad loss of life.

Osky

Shannon Gooden is the man's name. He was a felon because he had been charged for assault with a deadly weapon. He had assaulted someone in a mall with a knife. He had attended anger management classes and felt he should be allowed to own firearms for that reason. He had a number of firearms and ammo in the home. A judge ruled against his owning a firearm partly because the management classes didn't do much for him as his wife said he had headbutted her breaking her nose and giving her a black eye. He was also accused of throwing one of his kids down the stairs. Apparently, it was never followed up to see if he was abiding by non-ownership of guns.

This is a perfect example of not being able to stop criminals from having firearms. Obviously, he couldn't obtain a firearm lawfully, yet managed to get a number of them. Making it harder for law abiding citizens to get a gun seems to be a priority instead.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/20/24 04:58 PM

Getting tired of the press shielding info on shooters if their black, LGBTQ, or muslim.

They would have plastered a white guys info across multiple media sources within 5 mins.
Posted By: ceelmo.trap

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/20/24 05:31 PM

Was on the news that he was not have firearms in the first place we have laws that they are not enforcing the laws that they put in place but want much much more.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/20/24 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by thgreenwing

Interesting. Is it a felony or a misdemeanor?

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/21/24 01:53 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/21/24 03:06 AM

I thought it was against the law to posses firearms against the law?
Posted By: 160user

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/21/24 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by ceelmo.trap
Was on the news that he was not have firearms in the first place we have laws that they are not enforcing the laws that they put in place but want much much more.

These types of people don't BUY them, they smash your car or house windows and STEAL them while you are at work.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/21/24 03:22 PM

Well they did and you can find him under a search but of course it's not what mainstream media wants people to see, of course...so we don't.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Burnsville, MN - 02/21/24 03:37 PM

In MN if a white cop kills a black person, there are riots. Now, we have a black person killing white cops where are the rioters?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums