Home

Minnesota "assault weapons" ban?

Posted By: Woodsloafer72

Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/16/24 11:50 PM

The dictators in St. Paul are at it again. I don't have a link and I don't remember the number, but there is a bill in the state house to prohibit "assault weapons". It is modeled after the one in Illinois.
Posted By: Woodsloafer72

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 12:07 AM

Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 12:25 AM

Until they start jailing the politicians that keep violating the 2nd with these type of bans this will continue to happen.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 01:19 AM

Time to just say no.
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 01:24 AM

What do you expect from a state run by Muslims?
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 01:25 AM

what is ILL at 2 or 3 % compliance?
Posted By: mudtracker

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 03:11 AM

Sure sounds like an awful lot of infringement
Posted By: coyote 1

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 03:19 AM

Mass non compliance. Since assault weapon is a made up term I don't know of any gun that falls into that category.
Posted By: Squash

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 01:10 PM

Same thing in NY with SAFE Act. But state police will not release number of so called assault rifles registered, because almost no one except law enforcement personnel have complied.
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 01:23 PM

Michigans power hungry 3 stooges, Whitmer, Nessel and Benson are wrecking havoc on our 2A rights.
Posted By: Ridge Runner1960

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 01:26 PM

won't stick, "any law repugnant of the constitution is null and void" SC Marbury vs. Madison
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960
won't stick, "any law repugnant of the constitution is null and void" SC Marbury vs. Madison

Lets hope
Posted By: Shakeyjake

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 01:39 PM

Have they defined “assault weapon” or what’s prohibited? When they did that here, that opened up a real can of worms. Next thing, some of the turds that wanted the law in place, realized they had a shotgun in their safe & were now in possession of a prohibited firearm that they used for skeet shooting……opening themselves to criminal charges. “Bore diameter” maximum size. Remove the choke from a 12g and they were over the max…..lol. That got amended quick!
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by coyote 1
Mass non compliance. Since assault weapon is a made up term I don't know of any gun that falls into that category.

Nancy Pelosi once said these are the same weapons soldiers take into battle. Didn't you know that soldiers use these same weapons on the battlefield? laugh
Posted By: ceelmo.trap

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 03:36 PM

They wont give up until they find a way to disarm the law abiding people all the laws drwn up still do not solve the ways illegals or a criminal can find and buy any type of weapon.Follow the laws that are on the books first.

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine

More so a governor who is anti-hunting and anti-gun. If a bill crossed his desk banning any firearm, he would sign it in a heartbeat.
His biggest accomplishment is the legalization of marijuana. Other than that, he's pretty much worthless as a governor and a human being.

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 03:50 PM

A person follows all the rules and laws to own purchase and own any firearm and they want more Hve done many many back round checks for alot off years to prove the right to own them for all those that do this do it right we have fight to keep our guns.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 03:53 PM

I tell the wife the big day is coming as a joke and after the last 3 years of the way us citizens have been treated it’s closer than I would have ever imagined. It’s to the point where we don’t matter and have become tax drones.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 03:54 PM

I am done begging politicians for anything

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
I tell the wife the big day is coming as a joke and after the last 3 years of the way us citizens have been treated it’s closer than I would have ever imagined. It’s to the point where we don’t matter and have become tax drones.

You are very lucky to have a governor who has some common sense and runs with it. If my wife and I weren't so old, we would move to SD. We talked about that yesterday.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 04:01 PM

I am done begging politicians for anything And giving them any $$ in the future. They all have please "give to me" handout letters and emails hitting me daily.

All of these politicians aren't seeking election for the salary!!! It is all about the perks and lobbyist $$ contributions.

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 04:04 PM

How many illegals have guns? solve that problem first to many that do not understand the right to keep and bear arms plain and simple.

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 05:03 PM

the "problem" is not illegals with guns the problem is they are allowed in
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 09:48 PM

William Kirk has a recent post, PA just followed suit with an announced bill like all of the other Dem states.

You could find it at the Washington Gun Law Youtube channel.
Posted By: Squash

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 10:50 PM

At the recent Great American Outdoor Show , the gun hall was maybe 50% AR rifles and components to build them along with components for 1911’s etc.. These states are trying to ban the most popular firearms in the USA, doubt they will be successful.

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 11:47 PM

Bill Clinton got it done. When I was a kid most households had at least a 22 lying around. Thats not true today. Lots of guns in our country but most gun owners today own several. TV is saying stuff like people dont hunt with them cause it destroys the deer. Nothing left to eat. Media is steady brain washing people. Get E
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/17/24 11:48 PM

This bill is pretty dumb, even for Dems.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jags

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/18/24 12:15 AM

Rep Leigh Finke is a rainbow haired HeShe, member of the house Queer caucus.

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/18/24 02:15 AM

And to think the Govna stood there the last time and said we are not trying to take guns away just more lies.
Posted By: Jingles

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/18/24 04:32 AM

Says it all

Attached picture st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/18/24 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by ceelmo.trap
And to think the Govna stood there the last time and said we are not trying to take guns away just more lies.

More lies
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Minnesota "assault weapons" ban? - 02/18/24 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine

More so a governor who is anti-hunting and anti-gun. If a bill crossed his desk banning any firearm, he would sign it in a heartbeat.
His biggest accomplishment is the legalization of marijuana. Other than that, he's pretty much worthless as a governor and a human being.

Who do you think helped the Muslim get elected ?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums