Home

Valentines for you northern fellows

Posted By: jbyrd63

Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/14/24 11:27 PM

2 years in a row on Valentine’s Day I had to mow my yard. You haters can be jealous!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: run

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/14/24 11:38 PM

I hate mowing grass but I still like Uncle jbyrd63.
Posted By: G Hose

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/14/24 11:44 PM

Who tracked through it three times?
Posted By: Eyehi

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/14/24 11:46 PM

Kind of funny that you think anyone would be jealous of you mowing grass lol …. I hate mowing the lawn …. Keep staring at your grass I’m going ice fishing lol …
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/14/24 11:57 PM

Did you have to, or just wanted to?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/14/24 11:58 PM

No grass got mowed in Valentine, Nebraska today. Guaranteed.
Posted By: jalstat

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 12:12 AM

Lots of work to have a beautiful lawn as that but it’s not for me I’m to lazy and cheap to do that but I commend you on yours
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 12:29 AM

Awesome, I had to shovel snow to Year's in a row. laugh

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 12:29 AM

Had too it was thigh high. 67 tomorrow and if I waited it would have to be raked . I DON'T RAKE !!. Back surgery Saturday so no mowing for a while.

I mow one direction throwing clippings away from the house, So last few laps I circle back over the fresh mowed area . Thus the trails you see.

That food plot experience translate into great looking lawn.Or vice versa.....
Posted By: MJM

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 12:58 AM

Have you ever seen a 1000+ coyotes at a state trappers sale bring $100+ That is what I though. I am glad you like the lawn. The lawn is good for you. Do you pretend it is a food plot while you are mowing it?
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 01:03 AM

The joke is on you, who wants to mow in February. grin
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 01:04 AM

You got neighbors? Paved road, sidewalks? .... grin Looks far too densely populated for this trapper.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 01:08 AM

But there's police protection!!!
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 01:10 AM

"Was thigh high" ??

I'll bet your neighbors LOVE you. wink
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 01:16 AM

Ha ha jbyrd I had to hit mine with the bushhog once last year. And I have a 72 and 48" zero turn in the barn. Just didn't have time and was not home gone at work.

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 01:43 AM

I’m proud of it considering what it looked like last august. Providence put them boys to mowing. I paid cash for a 1976 rally sport camaro push mowing at 10 bucks a yard
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ltrman

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
Had too it was thigh high. 67 tomorrow and if I waited it would have to be raked . I DON'T RAKE !!. Back surgery Saturday so no mowing for a while.

I mow one direction throwing clippings away from the house, So last few laps I circle back over the fresh mowed area . Thus the trails you see.

That food plot experience translate into great looking lawn.Or vice versa.....

Thigh high? You've got shorter legs than I even imagined

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by bucksnbears
"Was thigh high" ??

Yes they do. Anytime any maintenance work needs to be done they call. Free advice and help makes for good neighbors.
Not thigh high but close to knee high. That magic formula I put on my food plot works on grass. If I was just sticking a pumpkin seed in the mud any moron can do that !!!
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 01:50 AM

thankfully I am 3 months out on mowing

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 01:54 AM

Facts Byrd...., you only deal with FACT... wink
So...,was it knee high or THIGH high as you posted in the orinal post?

Or perhaps you forgot your reading glasses this time (again) and couldn't edit it in time? laugh
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 01:56 AM

2 years in a row on Valentine’s Day I had to mow my yard. You haters can be jealous!
[Linked Image]

The only thing that green up here now....is the Cannabis sold at the Dispensary in Maine.
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by beartooth trapr
Awesome, I had to shovel snow to Year's in a row. laugh

You should have kept it over there, it's just showing up here, and I don't want it.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 02:08 AM

"Was thigh high" ??

Yes they do. Anytime any maintenance work needs to be done they call. Free advice and help makes for good neighbors.
Not thigh high but close to knee high. That magic formula I put on my food plot works on grass. If I was just sticking a pumpkin seed in the mud any moron can do that !!!

hey- I'm growing pumpkins for deer this year

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 02:23 AM

Don't try too " out_ moron" me Scott. whistle grin
Posted By: MnJag

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 02:28 AM

Anybody that likes to mow the grass in February let along brag about it has some issues! I'd rather shovel snow!
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 02:29 AM

Facts Byrd...., you only deal with FACT... wink
So...,was it knee high or THIGH high as you posted in the orinal post?

Or perhaps you forgot your reading glasses this time (again) and couldn't edit it in time? laugh

It all depends on perspective. He didn't say if he was standing or sitting on his knees. Depends on what the definition of is is.

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 02:50 AM

Duely noted PF.

there is a spin/ tantrum forthcoming.sure of it. wink

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 03:40 AM

Lol nah Go right ahead shovel your snow. Can’t do that and stand next day. But I can ride the mower over a beautiful lawn every day of the week.
Providence it actually was up to my neck ! I was laying on my back making pretend snow angels!!! Lol
Posted By: arcticotter

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Eyehi
Kind of funny that you think anyone would be jealous of you mowing grass lol …. I hate mowing the lawn …. Keep staring at your grass I’m going ice fishing lol …

You pretty much took the words out of my mouth!!

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 03:57 AM

Jealous because I’m not freezing my butt off !!! Walking around in short sleeve. Of course Saturday high is going to be 28 lol

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 04:06 AM

Jealous because I’m not freezing my butt off !!! Walking around in short sleeve. Of course Saturday high is going to be 28 lol

no one is freezing here been almost t-shirt weather in the afternoons 20 in the morning , 50 in the afternoon

crap for fishing ice , but all the rivers are open, 2 more weeks of squirrel and rabbit left , it's time to cut firewood for next year I guess.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 04:06 AM

Us Northerners get to see all 4 seasons truly change. Green grass during Christmas isn’t right.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 04:17 AM

Ièm not big on mowing grass.
Once when I was about 18 and renting a house in a town I was working in when I started on the RR,the Landlord came over and told me the grass was too long and I needed to mow it.
I told him I dont own a lawnmower-you can mow it.
He said no I had to mow it and he would provide the lawnmower.
I said OK,so he brought over one of those push lawnmowers.
I had just finished about half a bottle of wisers deluxe and disnt feel like doing any manual labour that hot summer day,so I went to the shed,pulled out my elan snowmachine,fired it up and proceeded to spin about 50 donuts all over the yard.
When the landlord came over to pick up his pushmower,I told him he could sell it,since he wouldnt need it anymore that summer since there was no more lawn.
I got evicted just for mowing the lawn.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 04:32 AM

[Linked Image]

One of my lawn mowers ....

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Us Northerners get to see all 4 seasons truly change. Green grass during Christmas isn’t right.

JP no offense but you’re a little bit behind. You do know Christmas was 2 months ago right? Three weeks back we had 6 in of snow and -8 temps. But since last Wednesday we have had 60 degree days. The 19-19-19 and pelletized lime I put on in September plus longer days woke up my grass. That part gets sun entire day. I didn’t mow the back it is same length I left it in October
Posted By: randall brannon

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 02:31 PM

I would rather mow Grass than shovel snow!!!

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by randall brannon
I would rather mow Grass than shovel snow!!!

but lately we have been doing neither which isn't bad at all.
Posted By: Rusty Axe Camp

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 03:01 PM

Good looking lawn Jbyrd. I'm jealous

Was just talking to a few buddies about a trip down to KY in another month for some golf and bourbon buying.

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 03:09 PM

If you come down go to buffalo trace distillery and take their tour. Check their website for times. It's in Frankfort. But the bourbon trail of distilleries has a several tours available.
Posted By: Rusty Axe Camp

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 03:14 PM

If you come down go to buffalo trace distillery and take their tour. Check their website for times. It's in Frankfort. But the bourbon trail of distilleries has a several tours available.

I was there last August. Stayed in Bardstown and did a few days of tours but hit Buffalo Trace on the way home.

Cool country down there.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/15/24 06:36 PM

If you like mowing lawn starting in February may be allright for you. For me I would rather be taping trees etc. Personally I don't like having my lawn look like that until Memorial Day. Blue Grass being a cool season grass will respond rapidly around here when the days get longer.

Bryce
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/16/24 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park

JP no offense but you’re a little bit behind. You do know Christmas was 2 months ago right? Three weeks back we had 6 in of snow and -8 temps. But since last Wednesday we have had 60 degree days. The 19-19-19 and pelletized lime I put on in September plus longer days woke up my grass. That part gets sun entire day. I didn’t mow the back it is same length I left it in October

We have the same weather this time of year as we do at Christmas. I figured it was the same everywhere laugh
Posted By: Feedinggrounds

Re: Valentines for you northern fellows - 02/16/24 11:27 AM

When did you sharpen blades last? If that was Michigan I would say you have some nutrient imbalance.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums