Home

Blue bucket value

Posted By: JEckman

Blue bucket value - 02/12/24 10:36 PM

Like it says?
Posted By: Lufkin Trapper

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/12/24 10:40 PM

Buckets come in all sizes and shapes. You will have to differentiate between them. Besides buckets of all size and shape can be painted BLUE. So many variables, so little time.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/12/24 10:43 PM

Is there a blue book for blue buckets?

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/12/24 10:48 PM

Roughly 5 yr old brue 5 gallon bucket with a little white lettering.. it's a good bucket though
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/12/24 10:51 PM

How many coons you caught in it? If it has ever taken a beaver I think the price would double with today's market.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/12/24 11:09 PM

Fleet Farm has em for $5 I think, hard pressed to get much more than that.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/12/24 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by JEckman
Roughly 5 yr old brue 5 gallon bucket with a little white lettering.. it's a good bucket though

$50 bucket all day long. Know your market!
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/12/24 11:15 PM

Priceless
Posted By: bleeohio

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/12/24 11:24 PM

What hue of blue? If i remember correctly, it had to be a certain color of blue. I mean, you can't just throw any old blue bucket out willy nilly and expect results.

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/13/24 12:47 AM

This blue blue. Not to be mistaken for sky blue or dark blue...

The bluest of the blues...
Posted By: Michigander

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/13/24 12:52 AM

Blue buckets value track with mink prices. Hopefully blue buckets will shine again. Now is the time to stock up!
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/13/24 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

$50 bucket all day long. Know your market!

For sure and guaranteed to catch 10 coon in 10 days for a full breakeven.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/13/24 02:10 PM

Aren't blue buckets just like pig castraters and just gain in value as they age?

Also- does Wismis offer vintage blue bucket appraisals?

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/13/24 02:59 PM

This blue blue. Not to be mistaken for sky blue or dark blue...

The bluest of the blues...

Too bad it's not got the elusive lighter blue writing on it. Last one of those I saw went for over $100 and that was nearly 20 years ago. They are what you call the holy grail of buckets. It's comical these new guys mention painting them or buying them new, lol, they'll learn someday.

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/13/24 03:02 PM

I have recently acquired a newspaper box in the perfect shade of sun faded blue. I call it my "retirement plan".
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/13/24 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
Aren't blue buckets just like pig castraters and just gain in value as they age?

I think she does but she won't admit it it's only by p m
Posted By: bleeohio

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/13/24 03:50 PM

Hmm, bitcoin or blue bucket investment? Pretty close i imagine.
Posted By: run

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/13/24 03:56 PM

LOL!
Posted By: JTfromWV

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/13/24 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by bleeohio
Hmm, bitcoin or blue bucket investment? Pretty close i imagine.

I read an article a few months ago that talked about the older metal blue buckets before the plastic took over. It said one of those in above average condition would sell high enough to retire comfortably on.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/13/24 05:20 PM

I painted mine half white as i was catching more fur then I cared to skin
Posted By: Osky

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/13/24 05:41 PM

Throw that one away. Everyone knows the “brue” buckets come from China.

Osky
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/13/24 05:44 PM

I will trade you a blue bucket Lowes 5 gallon for a box of shells

willing to trade 1 bucket per 5 Winchester super x slugs 20 or 12

1 bucket per every 25 round box of 7.5 or 8 shot

2 buckets per every 25 rounds of 4 or 5 shot high bras game loads

2 buckets per every 5 rounds Federal 20ga sabot slugs

2 buckets per every 10 rounds Hornady copper plated BB 12ga

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/13/24 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

Lowes buckets! LOL No way. You may as well use a regular old white bucket.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Blue bucket value - 02/13/24 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Lowes buckets! LOL No way. You may as well use a regular old white bucket.

oh you want the Uline blue buckets I see

well those cost more.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 02:09 AM

now just wait one moment now
tried and true blue buckets are not the soap buckets butt
the ones that the Greek olives come in are the ticket

no bait required but dont set around any Italian restaurant or you will be in trouble
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

I have the shells but I'm fresh out of blue buckets.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 05:17 AM

I have a couple hundred from my mink trapping days, I was thinking of selling them by putting them on "The Shed", but decided not to as I was afraid the response they would get would overload this site.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 09:44 AM

I've used a BBBs.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 11:10 AM

Yes but her Commission is based on the Age - handle type and stamping on the bottom - if any
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 11:59 AM

I know the coon and mink market is in the dumps right now but it will come back someday and you guys are going to regret being so lose lipped about this..... when everyone and the mail man is trapping again you will wish your competition didn't know everything..... just saying
Posted By: huntcook

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 12:08 PM

Jeramy will Ky,blue work?
Posted By: Osky

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
I painted mine half white as i was catching more fur then I cared to skin

Well there you go now. I had the same problem with my traps, took one of the jaws off each and it seems to have alleviated that issue.

Osky
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 04:04 PM

Does it come with a lid to keep critters out when it’s not in use?
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 05:06 PM

Straight walled, or tapered? Makes a big difference in value round here.
Posted By: Pelts

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 06:44 PM

[Linked Image]

Mink are drawn towards the darker blue buckets.

Lids come with one way entrance doors, and prevent skunks from entering the bucket.

Thieves took all my blue buckets and left white and green ones behind. Now I'm forced to go back to pocket holes in the bank. mad
Blue Buckets cost way to much to replace for this old trapper!!!

PS: I was blown away to find a ermine in my bucket once, Pine tree set. smile
Posted By: 30-06 Trapper

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 06:56 PM

how much do you think a 10 year old napa blue bucket worth
Posted By: WhiteCliffs

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 07:03 PM

Lowes all day long

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 07:37 PM

Blue buckets at Gallery 63 auction house in Atlanta, Georga went for $42.75 per/ bucket at the closing bid.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
I know the coon and mink market is in the dumps right now but it will come back someday and you guys are going to regret being so lose lipped about this..... when everyone and the mail man is trapping again you will wish your competition didn't know everything..... just saying

People have short memories. We've seen it before. In the mid-2000's the coon market was in the dumps and everyone was reminiscing about their past successes with blue buckets and the vechiles they bought with their fur checks. And then along came the 2010's and all of a sudden a good coon was worth $30+ dollars and blue buckets couldn't be found. People were driving 300+ mile circuits hitting up every Lowe's they mapped out only be told by store management that every shipment of blue buckets they received sold out before they even had time to un-palletize them. Many people were buying them by the pallets, they said. I don't know if they were long-lining or just realized early on what the resale value would be once no one could find any to buy. Crazy times.

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 09:05 PM

From reading all these responses about blue buckets none of you have actually used the blue bucket system.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
From reading all these responses about blue buckets none of you have actually used the blue bucket system.

Well its sad so many people just don't understand the full truth about the blue bucket theory. But in reality almost any bucket will work. Since coons are color blind they can see blue better than other colors with the exception of green. Having forseen an huge uptick in the coming fur markets I am preparing to be in on the ground floor of the next wave. I've hired some specialty people to research blueness and not the blueness of early caught fur. But the blueness a coon can see. Since all the patents haven't been procured yet I can't be too specific about details. Especially since my last venture with my mule breeding program and the SEC shut us down when trying to go public with it. They claimed that I didn't inform the public in our prospectus disclosure that mules don't breed. I barely got out of that mess by the skin of my teeth by giving back at least most of our clients funds. They dropped the fraud charges after I convinced them I honestly didn't know that mules was just too stupid and lazy to breed. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT, and before anyone thinks about plagiarism, I have never even heard of MA CAT!

Anyway so that everyone knows just enough to get you caught, no I mean get your money, no I mean get your attention I will tell you the system includes LED blue lights and at least one blue laser that goes in the back of almost any bucket. The rest of which I'm not at liberty to say at this time.
Any way not wanting to lose your attention on unnecessary garble, just start cutting back on your Star Bucks and Big Macks and save up so you to can get in on the top floor when the offering comes out. Be prepared for that next $30 run on coons.

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 11:02 PM

Your the first one to bring up the color blindness thing. And your right but the blue bucket set was mainly a mink set not really used for trapping coon. But a few coon and rats can be caught In this set.

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 11:08 PM

^^^^
Oh well, I took a shot at it, lol.

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 11:15 PM

So what are the challenges of north vs south trappers using this breath taking system ?

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 11:18 PM

I hate to burst your bubble Foxpaw but I needed to get every on eon the same page.

Here's a little information on the Blue bucket set.

1- It's basically a water set for mink. And yes mink are color blind.

2- The bucket Is submerged with only about 2" of the bucket being above the water line.

3- The only way to submerge a 5 gallon bucket It to fill It with something. A little dirt mounded up above the buckets edge Is needed. You need a place to bed your trap.

Got to go the wife Is sounding the dinner bell.

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Northof50
So what are the challenges of north vs south trappers using this breath taking system ?

Well the main problem with northern trapping is that if our society don't start adhering to Greta's more stringent ways of clean living then as more nitrogen is released into the atmosphere we will have more blue northern lights and that could be a distraction to our blue lighting system. Hopefully the southern folk not so much. So therefore the south could possibly be our biggest market share.

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/15/24 11:38 PM

I wonder if Beavs dinner will be served on a blue plate tonight.?

Another question...would some Blue mountain pottery placed in the back be a good attractant ?

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/16/24 12:49 AM

Any phase color blue bucket at the bottom of the sea will still kill a possum
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/16/24 03:24 AM

Where's nittany when you need him?

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/16/24 05:20 AM

I can honestly say I have never caught an Opossum in the Blue Bucket Set, It would be of my opinion that the Blue Bucket Set is Opossum Proof.

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/16/24 02:49 PM

A little4 more Info on the B&B set .

The originator of this set placed dry dog or cat food on top of the dirt on top of the bucket. Then birds would come and feed on It knocking off some food Into the water. This dog or cat food would then attract cray fish and other small bait fish. Then In theory would attract mink to the set.
Well once the dog or cat food was In the water you would set the trap. Well that never worked because the birds were still attracted to bucket top. So the thing I did was never put any food on top of the bucket but just toss It In the water to begin with.
The Idea was that the mink would climb up on the bucket top and dive In to catch the minnows or cray fish. Well It actually worked but I think the dirt filled bucket turned out to be just a resting place for the traveling mink. It worked pretty good In front of those wet culverts.
I never lured or baited this set. And you don't need blue buckets.

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/16/24 04:44 PM

I did figure out when I used dog food bait containing a mix of salmon added would attract 80% more mink.

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/16/24 05:08 PM

I used fish pellets.
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/16/24 05:14 PM

Blue is an attractive color
[Linked Image]
grin

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/16/24 08:20 PM

It was so long ago I forgot about the fish pellets.
After a few years I started pushing the bucket back into the culvert. It worked ok but water depth Is critical as you all know.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/16/24 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Yukon John
Straight walled, or tapered? Makes a big difference in value round here.

Yes, so does round vs. square. Shape has a huge impact on value.

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/17/24 01:11 AM

So Beav did you try this in ND on the rat boom days ?

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/17/24 04:02 AM

I Used a different system out there.
We went out In the fall and Lots of two tracks were rap raped and no place to set a trap. But the rats were all over those rocks.
So when I came back In the spring and being a big ice cream eater I saved up all those gallon containers. I filled up those containers with dirt and would jam them in between those rocks. A little green grass and a bit of lure worked out. Rats were really drawn to those ice cream pails.
Posted By: MinkGuy

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/17/24 04:26 AM

I still have some of Nittany's DVDs explaining everything about the blue bucket. I'm thinking many on here don't have any idea about the origin or real story of how the blue buckets are used.. If you want one I'll send it to you just cover my shipping cost. I think I only have a dozen or so though.
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/17/24 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pelts
[Linked Image]

Mink are drawn towards the darker blue buckets.

Lids come with one way entrance doors, and prevent skunks from entering the bucket.

Thieves took all my blue buckets and left white and green ones behind. Now I'm forced to go back to pocket holes in the bank. mad
Blue Buckets cost way to much to replace for this old trapper!!!

PS: I was blown away to find a ermine in my bucket once, Pine tree set. smile

Why are you trapping Pine trees? Is there a better market for them rather than skunks ?
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/17/24 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by MinkGuy
I still have some of Nittany's DVDs explaining everything about the blue bucket. I'm thinking many on here don't have any idea about the origin or real story of how the blue buckets are used.. If you want one I'll send it to you just cover my shipping cost. I think I only have a dozen or so though.

I have one that was give to me by former Tman member PCR2 when he was cleaning out some of his excess stuff.

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/17/24 07:22 PM

All I know is the blue bucket set up in the pine tree, hoping to catch the curiosity of a passing mink. That pesky little ermine got to the bait first.
Posted By: Hern

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/18/24 09:51 AM

This-
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Blue bucket value - 05/18/24 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by wetdog
Blue is an attractive color
[Linked Image]
grin

Granpa always said never wear you Overalls hunting,,,,,,blue keys back then..
© 2024 Trapperman Forums