Home

Favorite sausage?

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 01:56 AM

What's y'all's ? This stuff is my favorite. Locally made just great flavor consistency ect. Split it down the middle get it crispy and Lord cool
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: warrior

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 02:05 AM

It's the local ones that are great.

Only thing missing is the biscuit.

Conecuh is my favorite.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 02:06 AM

Looks killer , wolfdog
Posted By: warrior

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 02:10 AM

Heck, throw me three eggs in the skillet over medium. Crawl not run, and pass the tabasco.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 02:30 AM

Brats and Kielbasa
Posted By: corky

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Brats and Kielbasa

X2
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 02:47 AM

I haven’t really found one that I won’t eat.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 02:57 AM

Looks good Wolfie.
I like all. The only one I have any aversion to is blood sausage. I would most likely try it anyways.
Posted By: Slick Pan

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 03:16 AM

You will notice they are from Texas.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Slick Pan
You will notice they are from Texas.

[Linked Image]

They make a jalapeño cheddar that’s my favorite. Costco used to carry them, haven’t seen them in a while.
Posted By: ceelmo.trap

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 04:04 AM

Its made at New Albon Market gooood stuff there.
Posted By: Chancey

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 04:16 AM

I grew up about 6 miles from a little Czech community called Zabcikville. They have a meat market and restaurant called Green's Sausage House. Yes, I am probably biased, but they have some of the best store bought sausage, bacon, boudin, etc you can buy.

They do it it the old fashioned way, salt cures and smokin. Its good stuff.

Posted By: Boco

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 04:48 AM

Cacciatori sausage is my favorite.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Cacciatori sausage is my favorite.

Mine also
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 10:00 AM

[Linked Image]
Homemade beaver/polish sausage this winter is my favorite
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 11:26 AM

My own homemade apple-venison sausage.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 02:16 PM

As far as commercially available types that anyone can easily get, Rabideaux’s is hard to beat. Conecuh is also good.
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 05:07 PM

A few years back, I was invited to a big feed put on by some guys from Texas and one of them produced a big tray of smoked deer sausage. That was fit to eat. Make a puppy pull a freight train. Been on a quest to figure out how to make it myself ever since.

Have concluded Texas stuff is a variation on smoked Polish keilbasa........except for the most part they link it like a brat would be, dump a lot more stuff in it, then smoke it laid out flat on horizontal offset smoker. Apparently this guy teaches this stuff if you pay him, but also gives a pretty good lesson on how to here for free: Straight old school Polish isn't bad either.

Stuff that I make that is in demand by family is smoked breakfasts sausage. Basic mix of salt, pepper (black......+ red if you like it hotter), sage and sometimes mustard seed stuffed in a case, then smoked.
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/12/24 05:12 PM

My favorite right now are my homemade cheddar bratwurst patties. I use P.S. Seasonings Sheboygan seasoning mix and high temp cheddar cheese. Just make them into 1/3lb patties. I think I could eat them every day without getting sick of them.
Posted By: 30-06 Trapper

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/13/24 04:26 PM

my favorite is venison blueberry wild rice from our deer this past season
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/13/24 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Brats and Kielbasa

Must be a Cheesehead thing.

Moosetrot
Posted By: wytex

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/13/24 04:51 PM

Spouse is from a little German town in Texas, they have 2 USDA processors that make sausage. They both make great sausage and sell their seasonings so we can make our own.

Fischer's makes about 20 diff sausages: http://fischersmeatmarket.com/meatproducts.html

Hess Meats make some great stuff too: https://www.hessmeat.com/products
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/13/24 05:50 PM

We made one we found in a book called Mettwurst. We mix venison with hamburger, cooked rice and seasonings. That's my favorite venison sausage.
Posted By: chamookman

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/14/24 08:03 AM

Here in Michigan, My Fav, is Kowalskis Kieska. Blood Sausage ! Fabulous - Bob.
Posted By: ScottW

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/14/24 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
My favorite right now are my homemade cheddar bratwurst patties. I use P.S. Seasonings Sheboygan seasoning mix and high temp cheddar cheese. Just make them into 1/3lb patties. I think I could eat them every day without getting sick of them.

Just made brats over the weekend and had a little left over that I mixed up with cheese and did bulk patty style…..MMMMMM! But all in all I like polish sausage, secret family recipe. I didn’t make polish this year, trying to use up seasoning I had in stock. Brats, summer sausage, and breakfast. Most sausages from the store are too fatty for me. I like 20% pork max mixed with clean venison. Happy trapping! ScottW [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/14/24 04:02 PM

We have an old fashioned meat market near us that does the cold smoked sausages. We have had them make venison and beef. I will try the mutton later this year. I get mine with garlic and mustard.

Bryce
Posted By: danvee

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/14/24 05:07 PM

Boudin and all sausage that is really smoked not smoke flavored. Small craft sausages love old world sausage including blood sausage not keen on the way it looks but good. I have a neighbor that makes it he is first generation Belgian got me to try it and its great. Also a Swedish sausage made with potato and pork Patatascarf SIC. muck like boudin but mild.
Posted By: FL cracker in AK

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/14/24 06:42 PM

Conecah brand sausage made in South Alabama and sold there and in North West Florida is my favorite. Looks just like your sausage Wolfdog. All I eat up here in Alaska is patty sausage, the link sausage is the store bought Polish variety, of which I am not a fan, weird after taste. When ever we buy groceries on the road system, bacon and sausage are on the top of the list, we then have them flown out on Lynden C 130's, it's just too expensive to buy at the Alaska Commercial Store here in the village. If we fly over to the road system, we always go with empty totes, and bring them back full of perishable things like sausage.
Posted By: pintail_drake04

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/14/24 06:54 PM

Once you start making your own sausage, you'll never go back.
Kielbasa.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/14/24 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by ScottW
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Just made brats over the weekend and had a little left over that I mixed up with cheese and did bulk patty style…..MMMMMM! But all in all I like polish sausage, secret family recipe. I didn’t make polish this year, trying to use up seasoning I had in stock. Brats, summer sausage, and breakfast. Most sausages from the store are too fatty for me. I like 20% pork max mixed with clean venison. Happy trapping! ScottW [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by bblwi
We have an old fashioned meat market near us that does the cold smoked sausages. We have had them make venison and beef. I will try the mutton later this year. I get mine with garlic and mustard.

Bryce

Took 21# venison to local old time meat mkt told them to add 5# pork and make ring bologna. Turned out awesome. Buddy took hind qtr to another one up The valley further and had dried/chipped beef made, that turned out great too!!
Posted By: Savell

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/14/24 11:31 PM

… store bought… I like Renfros out of Lufkin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: run

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/14/24 11:35 PM

Canadian pork sausage was my favorite growing up made by relatives of course.
Posted By: Muskrat Love

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/15/24 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
What's y'all's ? This stuff is my favorite. Locally made just great flavor consistency ect. Split it down the middle get it crispy and Lord cool
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Wolfie..... Try it boiled, on brat buns, with kraut and finely chopped onions. A different stroke!
Posted By: Muskrat Love

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/15/24 12:06 AM

[Linked Image]

I'd be leery of trying a product that was misspelled. LOL
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/15/24 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Muskrat Love
[Linked Image]

I'd be leery of trying a product that was misspelled. LOL

I saw that also. smile
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/15/24 12:34 AM

Local processor, deer sausage (jalapeño and cheese).
Posted By: dixieland

Re: Favorite sausage? - 02/15/24 03:25 AM

Elk Summer Sausage, with jalapeño and pepper jack cheese. Casey’s Processing in Flagstaff, AZ.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums