Home

Whats your egg pan ...

Posted By: Nessmuck

Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 02:42 PM

What do Yinz cook yah eggs in every morning..? [Linked Image]

1950's Lodge #9 for me
Posted By: k snow

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 02:45 PM

Mine's a newer Lodge, not sure what number, about two inches deep. Big enough to fry 4 eggs at a time.

That's no where near enough butter to fry those eggs. One tablespoon per egg is a good start.

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 02:55 PM

The vintage cast iron is so smooth....you just have to wipe the surface with buttah ...Non Stick !

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
The vintage cast iron is so smooth....you just have to wipe the surface with buttah ...Non Stick !

It's not about sticking, butter is flavor.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 02:59 PM

1930's Griswold Iron Mountain series # 8.
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by k snow
Originally Posted by Nessmuck

It's not about sticking, butter is flavor.

Have a little egg with the buttah?

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 03:04 PM

Sage,

Pretty much. Put the eggs on sourdough toast and pour the melted butter in the pan over everything.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 03:23 PM

When I'm only doing a few eggs at a time; I use a small pan with curved walls that allow me to flip them with a flick of the wrist.

When I'm doing a bunch; I use the same huge cast iron pan the I had just done the bacon/sausage & potatoes in.
Posted By: gcs

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 03:38 PM

My cast pan got too heavy, so I switched to a carbon steel pan, half the weight and seasons almost as good as cast, still mostly non stick and miss daisy can pick it up.... grin
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 08:42 PM

I make a 1 egg omelet four days a week with oatmeal most times the other days. I use a smaller pan and put in 1/2 stick of smoked bacon cut up to grease the pan., cut up green peppers a couple jalapeno, onion and top that with some shredded cheese. For my toast I have a square of my homemade waffles that are hald whole wheat, half oatmeal with maple syrup and homemade rhubarb, tart cherry and raspberry jam. I like the non stick. Up north I have a larger cast iron pan that we use for larger servings of omelets or mostly for raw fries, onions and cheese.

Bryce
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 08:44 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
[Linked Image]

If he flips that without a spatula (or a grain shovel), I'll be REALLY impressed.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 09:57 PM

We do breakfast on the farm in June and routinely serve 3-5,000 people depending upon location and weather. The promotion committee owns two very large frying pans that we use to make our omelets with cheese, onions, ham etc. We do a five gallon pail of scrambled eggs per pan per time with all the other ingredients. We typically have 5-7 people per pan with huge spatulas to scrape, turn and move the omelet mix around. One batch will just about fill an 18 qt. roster oven. Hot and hard work and we serve for about 5 hours. I only do half shifts now at 76. We need to find more younger guys and being tall helps. Quite a lot of heat coming off the propane burners below the pans.

Bryce
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 10:01 PM

I'd like to see pictures of that if you' care to post some Bryce.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 10:16 PM

For eggs I got a 6" and an 8" cool handle steel pans. Perfect size for two or three fried over medium.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
For eggs I got a 6" and an 8" cool handle steel pans. Perfect size for two or three fried over medium.

Can you flip them freehand or use a spatula?
Posted By: warrior

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 10:31 PM

On a good day I can do a flip, most days it's a flop. LOL
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/08/24 10:33 PM

I remember a backpacking trip years ago when I was feeling lucky and tried to flip a pancake. Forgot the skillet had a folding handle. laugh
Posted By: swampmonster63

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/09/24 12:36 AM

[Linked Image]

Here's a Wagner in action
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/09/24 01:12 AM

My eggs go into a 10 inch analon non stick pan but the bacon is cooked in cast iron.
Posted By: Pop

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/09/24 01:37 AM

I've got you all beat. I use a Sperry with a gate mark. Sits flat on a glass stove top. Sperry stopped making cookware around 1907. If I could figure out how to post a picture from my phone, I would. I love cast iron.

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/09/24 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Pop
I've got you all beat. I use a Sperry with a gate mark. Sits flat on a glass stove top. Sperry stopped making cookware around 1907. If I could figure out how to post a picture from my phone, I would. I love cast iron.

The oldest pan I own....is a 1910 Wagner #10 ...very light for its size ...slicker than snot on a door knob.

I bet I could flip eggs with it
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/09/24 11:49 AM

We recently ditched all of our Teflon pans due to the health problems associated with the nonstick part.
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/09/24 12:05 PM

I bought two of these things about ten years ago for cooking on campfires. They work pretty good. They are more concave than you think which can be a problem with everything running to the middle but they work good. They were $16 when I bought them. lol.

This is my go to campfire pan.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/11/24 03:00 AM

Small logo Griswold #6 for me.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/11/24 04:00 AM

Lodge CRS10 for a 3 egg omelets and 3 sunny side up

If I am getting into a scramble Lodge 12SK

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/11/24 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by USMC47 🦫
We recently ditched all of our Teflon pans due to the health problems associated with the nonstick part.

Exactly why I switched to all cast iron.

No more Teflon shards in my food
Posted By: trapNH

Re: Whats your egg pan ... - 02/11/24 09:53 AM

A number 8 griswold or a number 8 bsw, both are on the stove all the time, have lots of others for other things. went to all cast years ago.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums